2022 draft Day 3, rounds 11-20

southsider2k5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh nvm. I missed this. Altermatt was the SS for his team and switched to pitcher. He's drafted as a pitcher:

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/sports/local_sports/msus-altermatt-kline-thriving-as-two-way-players/article_80abec68-b08a-11ec-906f-cba159b77b5a.html

Altermatt currently leads the 13-4 Mavericks with a .400 batting average, six home runs, nine doubles and 28 RBIs. On the mound he is 4-0 with a 3.60 ERA and a team-leading 29 strikeouts over 20 innings.

Altermatt says two-way duty is nothing new for him.

“I did it all through high school,” he said. “This is the first year I’m in the starting rotation but there really hasn’t been an adjustment for me.”

Kline is hitting .300 with a .404 on-base percentage and has a 2-0 record with a 2.40 ERA and 22 strikeouts over 15 innings.

“They both have three pitches they can throw for strikes at any time in the count,” Magers said. “Nick has a fastball in the high 80’s-low 90’s, has an above average changeup and a good breaking ball. Cam is more fastball, curve ball and changeup.”

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Sox are drafting guys with quality mustaches. Burke is another one with a nice stache. Dylan Cease starting a trend here in this organization. :lol:

They gotta move these guys up to Birmingham as soon as possible.....

image.jpeg

58 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Here's a question: what's the lowest round draft pick from 2019 or earlier that's still in the Sox system?

The Sox actually have a decent amount of late picks on the 40 man roster.

Danny Mendick 22nd round

Matt Foster 20th round

Adam Engel 19th round

Aaron Bummer 19th round

Romy Gonzalez 18th round

Davis Martin 14th round

Bennett Sousa was a "punt" pick senior signing in the 10th round

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

looks like he had a big jump senior year. Definitely a bummer reading some of these guys stats. There is a big fat noticeable 2020 missing. Who knows if he makes this jump his junior year had he not missed 2020 and finds himself in the top ten rounds. But also a lot of the guys today have big K numbers, so not expecting too much. Kanny kinda weeds that out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

So in the end, they picked 8 college seniors, 1 high school player.  Picked no one over slot except perhaps the #3 pick. Realizing they'll pay the 2nd and 3rd round guys a bit overslot, what are they using the savings from the 8 college seniors on?

$6.2 million. Can go to $6.6. I’m guessing Schultz is slot. Pallette around $1.5 million, Cannon around $900K. Slot for 4 and 5. That’s about $6.2 million it seems 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Looks good to me.

From what I read, Fastball up to 96 and a wipeout slider.  But I agree with you, it looks like he's got a nice hammer too.

Edited by wegner

• bmags unpinned this topic