What is status of Luis Robert?

bear_brian

4 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Jason and Steve both commented on the "abusive heat and humidity" in Minneapolis last weekend.  Cold have easily been dehydration or related issues. Don't put money on my diagnosis, I am not a doctor..........I just play one on TV. 

I was just thinking if it was something like that, it is easy to treat and fix.  Should have been good to go the next day.

9 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Jason and Steve both commented on the "abusive heat and humidity" in Minneapolis last weekend.  Cold have easily been dehydration or related issues. Don't put money on my diagnosis, I am not a doctor..........I just play one on TV. 

HELLO DR NICK

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Do you also stay at a Holiday Inn Express ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

They can't disclose Robert's medical condition by law.  Let's say it's vertigo.  That can be controlled, but if it's out there, maybe it costs him money down the road.  Or, God forbid, it's something more serious.  Sports talk radio cannot speculate on some guy's MRI. It's just not fair to him as a human being.

Yes they can! Go to the White Sox main page at MLB and they update the injuries daily with specific MRI, X-rays details and timelines of when they are due back. We are not asking for a sports talk radio guy to inform us, but the FO of the White Sox. 

15 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Yes they can! Go to the White Sox main page at MLB and they update the injuries daily with specific MRI, X-rays details and timelines of when they are due back. We are not asking for a sports talk radio guy to inform us, but the FO of the White Sox. 

Literally no one does that, but sure.  You have to also realize to some extent, these guys have a federal right to medical privacy.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Literally no one does that, but sure.  You have to also realize to some extent, these guys have a federal right to medical privacy.

I think MLB should be exempt from those ridiculous HIPAA laws.  I have a message in to Manfred for him to lobby that to Congress.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wasn't debating whether someone does that. I was informing the gentleman that injuries are publicly described on the record as he was incorrect that injuries are kept confidential. Btw, people do check injury reports that play fantasy sports.

As far as privacy of players and their injuries that you are alluding to, there is no federal law that protects players where can can demand their injuries be kept private and unreported. When you sign to play in one of the four professional leagues, you are under the legal bylaws of that league. The four professional leagues all have the right to publish the status of their players' injuries. In fact, the NFL is most strict about this and when NFL teams do not report the correct updated status of injuries they can be fined by the league. The players do not have the right by law to tell their team or league, to keep their injury a secret and unreported to the public. 

As I mentioned from the start in my reply, if you played fantasy sports you would know that injuries are public knowledge and the importance of following the newest updated injury reports before submitting your lineup. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I wasn't debating whether someone does that. I was informing the gentleman that injuries are publicly described on the record as he was incorrect that injuries are kept confidential. Btw, people do check injury reports that play fantasy sports.

As far as privacy of players and their injuries that you are alluding to, there is no federal law that protects players where can can demand their injuries be kept private and unreported. When you sign to play in one of the four professional leagues, you are under the legal bylaws of that league. The four professional leagues all have the right to publish the status of their players' injuries. In fact, the NFL is most strict about this and when NFL teams do not report the correct updated status of injuries they can be fined by the league. The players do not have the right by law to tell their team or league, to keep their injury a secret and unreported to the public. 

As I mentioned from the start in my reply, if you played fantasy sports you would know that injuries are public knowledge and the importance of following the newest updated injury reports before submitting your lineup. 

Ah fantasy baseball. Got it.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I was just thinking if it was something like that, it is easy to treat and fix.  Should have been good to go the next day.

I fear vertigo, if that's the case we could be in trouble.

Hey BTW, anyone else look at all the young All-Stars and think about all of our young stars (Moncada, Robert, Eloy) and what could have been if they had produced as advertised.  These guys are missing out on BIG paydays had they produced, but instead the Sox extended them with team friendly contracts that set them up for life.  Maybe if we didn't sign everyone to long term contracts before they hit free agency they would be having better seasons in order to get the BIG payday.  I realize Moncada signed for 30 million by Boston so he already had generational wealth but all three should not have been extended IMO.  

18 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I fear vertigo, if that's the case we could be in trouble.

Hey BTW, anyone else look at all the young All-Stars and think about all of our young stars (Moncada, Robert, Eloy) and what could have been if they had produced as advertised.  These guys are missing out on BIG paydays had they produced, but instead the Sox extended them with team friendly contracts that set them up for life.  Maybe if we didn't sign everyone to long term contracts before they hit free agency they would be having better seasons in order to get the BIG payday.  I realize Moncada signed for 30 million by Boston so he already had generational wealth but all three should not have been extended IMO.  

If you waited like the Twins did with Buxton, until the very last possible moment, you’re really taking a chance.

What would Buxton be getting this year in FA if if if he remains healthy?  Luckily he gave the Twins a significant hometown discount because he’s comfortable there and also to reward the franchise for being so patient with him.

Exhibit A.  Losing Rodon, and nobody was for signing him to an extension earlier in his career.  Now we have nothing to show for him.  Not even a compensatory pick.

Would the White Sox really be better off with Burger at 3B next year?

And if Robert puts everything together as originally envisioned, he’s looking at almost the same amount of money as Juan Soto in FA and good as gone.  Odds of replacing him with JR/Hahn in charge?  Robert has already been worth 6.9 fWAR, so you’re pretty much getting a bargain there even at 75-80%.

Vaughn, who we foolishly lost an additional year of control and Eloy at least are debatable due to their lack of playing premium positions and/or limited defensive upside. 

Edited by caulfield12

There is a difference between disclosing injuries and illness.  If a player is out for a few days because of an allergic reaction to VD medication should that be disclosed?  In the rare cases where players have a serious disease like cancer the team certainly doesn't announce that until the player is ready to go public.  Hopefully nothing like that is the case with Robert, but teams treat illness and injury with different levels of privacy.  Players used to play with diabetes for years before anyone knew.

Edited by ThirdGen

3 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I was sort of expecting this given the lack of updates, but now that it’s official, I feel like we should be pretty concerned about it. 

Robert's health is the most guarded topic since the Manhattan Project.

Edited by The Mighty Mite