What is status of Luis Robert?

bear_brian

3 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I love how the Sox treat injury reports like Bill Belichek.  It's baseball, fellas.  There's zero reason to hide the status of the players from the fanbase.  There's no strategic advantage to not sharing accurate and descriptive player statuses.

Well, if their $300 million asset actually got Covid flying on a commercial flight (let’s hope at least 1st class with a mask on) to Nashville instead of staying around the big league team with the theoretically most experienced professional staff and doctors…that doesn’t look good at all does it?

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I love how the Sox treat injury reports like Bill Belichek.  It's baseball, fellas.  There's zero reason to hide the status of the players from the fanbase.  There's no strategic advantage to not sharing accurate and descriptive player statuses.

Well, HIPAA doesn't allow you to disclose everything.

In addition, non IL injuries should never be disclosed as it does provide a playing advantage to the other team since basically you're telling them you're playing short on your roster.

This is why I laugh when folks are quick to rip LaRussa on his posted lineups or in game pitching changes.  A lot of times, players are just not available that day with minor injuries.  Especially with this team, we should already assume that.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think you can sell three games out, but if the Sox know something about Robert and it isn’t good then they should be punting on this season.  

Braves brass likely had a similar conversation a year ago with Acuna done for the season and even further out of the division lead at the end of July.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, HIPAA doesn't allow you to disclose everything.

In addition, non IL injuries should never be disclosed as it does provide a playing advantage to the other team since basically you're telling them you're playing short on your roster.

This is why I laugh when folks are quick to rip LaRussa on his posted lineups or in game pitching changes.  A lot of times, players are just not available that day with minor injuries.  Especially with this team, we should already assume that.

Not nearly as funny as people who rush to throw their bodies in front of any criticism as if they were his secret service.

The whole world knows we're playing short, but sure Tony is a genius fooling everyone.