2023 MLB Draft thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm out on Lowder.  He reminds me too much of Clevinger.  I wouldn't be surprised if they grab a college bat especially if guys like Wilson, Shaw or Ahuna (if the NCAA ever clears him to play) are there.  It's shaping up to be a pretty good draft up top.  

It’s the only profile that Shirley hasn’t selected yet. Really good class though. If they went college bat, I’d hope for an up the middle profile for sure. McGonigle and Head should be in the mix on prep side. I really hope they don’t take prep pitching at 15 though. That’s the one thing I wouldn’t be thrilled with there. 

I would be surprised if they went HS pitcher as well.  Last year was a gift when one of the highest ceiling players fell in their lap at the back of the 1st round.  I don't expect that to happen again.  After last years pitcher heavy draft I will expect them to go hitters with at least the top couple picks.  Maybe even a catcher!

55 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I would be surprised if they went HS pitcher as well.  Last year was a gift when one of the highest ceiling players fell in their lap at the back of the 1st round.  I don't expect that to happen again.  After last years pitcher heavy draft I will expect them to go hitters with at least the top couple picks.  Maybe even a catcher!

Jack Payton come on down! 

21 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So what you mean is that the Sox can get local guys in the first two rounds 

Head and Wolkow?  I wouldn't put Coupet in the 2nd round discussion just yet.  This strike throwing is a revelation but if he shows it all spring he could get there because his CB is an absolute banger.  Right now I have Oppor ahead of Coupet. 

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic