7/22 GT Guardians @ White Sox, 7:10PM CT, Apple TV

Tnetennba

6 hours ago, KipWellsFan said:

MLB TV > Apple

I think my Roku is too old to install the Apple TV app. And I don't think there is anyway for me to cast from my phone. Also Apple has no way to avoid spoilers like MLB TV.

Super lame.

For what it's worth...I have an old Roku and just finished installing Apple TV.  I'm old so it took me 15 minutes but I'm pretty sure your device will handle it.  I don't like that they farm out the games but I discovered Peacock when they did the same thing...and I really like that station now.  Just sign up for the regular plan at $4.99 per month and cancel after the 7-day trial period.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

For what it's worth...I have an old Roku and just finished installing Apple TV.  I'm old so it took me 15 minutes but I'm pretty sure your device will handle it.  I don't like that they farm out the games but I discovered Peacock when they did the same thing...and I really like that station now.  Just sign up for the regular plan at $4.99 per month and cancel after the 7-day trial period.

I'll try again, but when I searched for the Apple app last time nothing came up. It may be an issue as a Canadian resident and have nothing to do with Roku as well.

18 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Robert probably going to IL.

This is the way with this club......never stops. 

Is anyone from this fucking organization gonna speak about Robert???!!!

Hahn will meet with the media shortly more likely.  Typically does before home series.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

I don’t have any kids in the house to help me navigate  Apple TV. Will I have to cancel some trial subscription? Very distasteful. Where are my teeth?

It's free no need to sign up for anything or cancel anything.  Unless your still using an antenna your smart TV has an App for that.

The picture is much clearer and there's more camera angles, but the broadcasters are not what were use to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

So are we rolling with 3 catchers? Zavala and McGuire are worthy of roster spots, but it doesn't make much sense given the lack of versatility 

This is where Rick Hahn loses me.   He has zero sense of managing his roster. 

So if Engel goes down, Leury goes to CF.   What happens if you lose an IF on the same game (which with this team is a high probability)?   Cement feet Vaughn goes to play a Middle Infield position? 

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

So are we rolling with 3 catchers? Zavala and McGuire are worthy of roster spots, but it doesn't make much sense given the lack of versatility 

Probably for now with Yaz taking Luis' roster spot.  They'll drop try to move one of them for something of use in the next 10 days before

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So if Engel goes down, Leury goes to CF.   What happens if you lose an IF on the same game (which with this team is a high probability)?   Cement feet Vaughn goes to play a Middle Infield position? 

If you lose two players in one game than yes you may have an issue, but after that game you'd bring up Lenyn Sosa and let the kid play 2b or if you lost Moncada you'd bring up Burger.  

This is a well crafted third place roster. Basically everything you can expect from a middle of the pack club with a weak farm system and thirst for profits. 

Can we all pick a playoff contender as our second team and start a new sub forum? 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

Zavala stays. Rodon is a free man after reaching 110 IP. Quite a story. 

April: HIS ARM IS GONNA FALL OFF

May: HIS ARM IS GONNA FALL OFF

June: HIS ARM IS GONNA FALL OFF

July: HIS ARM IS GONNA FALL OFF

August: ?

September: ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

If Engel and let’s say Anderson happen to go down in the same game, then Leury goes to SS and Pollock goes to CF. Not the end of the world for a couple innings.