Yoan Moncada, Chicago Public Enemy #1

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I've never understood why Chicago is known for their hot dogs without ketchup and deep dish pizza when the Italian Beef is a much better local product.

Agree, The Italian Beef originated in Chicago,

Chicago needs to get over the no ketchup, as a kid growing up on the south side I ordered my hot dog with ketchup and was told that's what the tomatoes are for. I never asked for ketchup again on my hot dog.  As far as pizza, give me a thin crust any day over Chicago's claim to the Deep dish.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Fire 1

52 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

My go to at the stadium is actually the italian done up with grilled onions and mustard, I feel like they're less popular and stay on the griddle a little longer and get more char,  Love the polish as well. 

It was my go to also with the peppers and onions until they gave me a jalepeno brat by mistake that I didn't care for especially when I was expecting Italian sausage.  Mustard on an Italian sausage is like putting ketchup on a Chicago dog.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add on

11 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

What I've eaten at the park this year:

Hot dog - always with mustard and grilled onions. never ketchup

Buona Beef - hot and sweet peppers

Loaded nachos with beef

Regular Nachos w/ cheese and jalapeno

Rainbow cone

Helmet Sundae

I usually never stray from the above. What am I missing out on?

Never did it at Sox Park, but one Sox /Cubs game at Wrigley, my brother and I ate a grand slam. A hot dog, Italian, Polish and a brat. To top it off, we stopped at Weiners Circle and had a cheddar burger.

• Love 1
  • Hawk 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Never did it at Sox Park, but one Sox /Cubs game at Wrigley, my brother and I ate a grand slam. A hot dog, Italian, Polish and a brat. To top it off, we stopped at Weiners Circle and had a cheddar burger.

Did you get the chocolate shake too?

11 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It was my go to also with the peppers and onions until they gave me a jalepeno brat by mistake that I didn't care for especially when I was expecting Italian sausage.  Mustard on an Italian sausage is like putting ketchup on a Chicago dog.

Ooo grilled onions and peppers sounds good.

22 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

An italian sausage is literally a bratwurst with roughly 2 additional spices. 

37 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

What I've eaten at the park this year:

Hot dog - always with mustard and grilled onions. never ketchup

Buona Beef - hot and sweet peppers

Loaded nachos with beef

Regular Nachos w/ cheese and jalapeno

Rainbow cone

Helmet Sundae

I usually never stray from the above. What am I missing out on?

Elote.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I've never understood why Chicago is known for their hot dogs without ketchup and deep dish pizza when the Italian Beef is a much better local product.

True a hotdog is whatever you wanna put on it like a ham sandwich probably better without ketchup but salsa, lettuce , tomatoes onions, mustard, spinach leaf, pickles, cucumber slices is all up to individual tastes.

Garden on a bun + mustard. Also, I don't buy Vienna hot dogs (but ok with their condiments). Preferred Leon's when they were in business, now whoever Superdawg uses plus the Costco hot dogs (Kirkland?).

Ketchup is the devil's condiment. It is not allowed in my house. Ditto Mayonnaise.  :D

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Don't forget the other Chicago Italian Original, Chicken Vesuvio.  Some East Coast chef has a YouTube video of himself making it and it's a bleepin joke.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Garden on a bun + mustard. Also, I don't buy Vienna hot dogs (but ok with their condiments). Preferred Leon's when they were in business, now whoever Superdawg uses plus the Costco hot dogs (Kirkland?).

Ketchup is the devil's condiment. It is not allowed in my house. Ditto Mayonnaise.  :D

I’m a fan of the Kirkland/Costco brat but the hot dog has a weird aftertaste to me.  I’ll eat it anyways, though 😂