If the White Sox trade for Shohei Ohtani they have a chance

caulfield12

Just now, Quin said:

Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

The goal is for the White Sox to be great.

Period.

It is now the All-Star break and two weeks from the trade deadline.  Since I didn’t feel the need to list all the reasons the Mariners and Guardians are competitive this season, since everyone is quite familiar already…there was no need to list all those offseason transactions since all the focus is on what teams are doing NOW.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Leury is on pace for more appearances than Bummer at this rate…

Any position player on any roster that doesn't spend significant time on the IL is going to have more appearances than any relief pitcher.

That was about the most worthless statement ever made on this board and that's saying something.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Once again, the Nats and Angels are in different places with different rosters.

But there’s also a possibility the Nats’ new ownership group will decide to keep him and build their roster/franchise around Soto…especially if the offers are underwhelming like the Red Sox/Betts deal (compared to the Lindor trade to the Mets).

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Any position player on any roster that doesn't spend significant time on the IL is going to have more appearances than any relief pitcher.

That was about the most worthless statement ever made on this board and that's saying something.

No, that was Shane Riordan’s “look at me” speculation that TLR was DONE with managing the Sox.

Pages and pages spent discussing someone ostensibly trying to make a name for themselves by guessing right… with nothing to back it up.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But there’s also a possibility the Nats’ new ownership group will decide to keep him and build their roster/franchise around Soto…especially if the offers are underwhelming like the Red Sox/Betts deal (compared to the Lindor trade to the Mets).

And there is also a possibility that Arte Moreno writes Ohtani a half of a billion dollar check.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

And there is also a possibility that Arte Moreno writes Ohtani a half of a billion dollar check.

So why discuss either trade since the likekihood for the Sox is 3-5% at best…and God knows the odds on offering the biggest contract in baseball history?  Seven times bigger than the Grandal deal, really? 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

So why discuss either trade since the likekihood for the Sox is 3-5% at best…and God knows the odds on offering the biggest contract in baseball history?  Seven times bigger than the Grandal deal, really? 

Are you talking to yourself now?  Because Ohtani being traded is a much smaller chance than Soto.

This is so funny. When I saw this thread, I thought it was being sarcastic, making fun of the trade for Soto thread. You know, mentioning another silly trade idea. I was going to start a thread like, “Let’s trade Leary and Grandal for Judge and Stanton” to keep the idea going. 

Then I started reading the thread and was it was legit, that some people were discussing this like it could happen. Wow, so funny.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

This is so funny. When I saw this thread, I thought it was being sarcastic, making fun of the trade for Soto thread. You know, mentioning another silly trade idea. I was going to start a thread like, “Let’s trade Leary and Grandal for Judge and Stanton” to keep the idea going. 

Then I started reading the thread and was it was legit, that some people were discussing this like it could happen. Wow, so funny.

Same reaction here.

11 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Yet here you are.

12 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Lol this!!!!  I was like “Good for Caulfield trolling me a bit, cuz I disagree with the purpose, content & style of most of his posts.”  But no! This is real with only the title trolling me.  So I don’t even know if that’s really trolling?!  It’s actually just imitation, but with unreadable content.  

Ban yourself Caulfield, effective immediately.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The Padres are in pretty much every article because 1) Preller is KW Jr. wheeler/dealer reputation-wise and 2) their outfield ship is in danger of sinking.

The White Sox, otoh, really need a Rodon replacement to balance out the rotation, for the post season, and LHH RF is what we’ve been talking about going on 2-3 years now.

Martin Perez . He's lefty and a Astro's killer which is why I keep bringing him up . Rental for this year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Lol. which team is Ohtani not a ridiculously good fit for?

He is a good fit for any team but the teams that need the RF power lefty bat are fewer.  The Yankees for example don't need a  left-handed hitting right fielder nor do they need someone to put people in the seats.  For sure he is a nice addition for anyone but he pays for himself in Chicago.

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Lol this!!!!  I was like “Good for Caulfield trolling me a bit, cuz I disagree with the purpose, content & style of most of his posts.”  But no! This is real with only the title trolling me.  So I don’t even know if that’s really trolling?!  It’s actually just imitation, but with unreadable content.  

Ban yourself Caulfield, effective immediately.

109 wins still possible?

1 hour ago, Dam8610 said:

It's mind boggling to me that the Angels have quite possibly the 2 best players in baseball and cannot surround them with enough talent to even consistently break .500.

Rendon's fail/injury status a big reason.

Not enough pitching and Thor going all Giolito with his stuff.

Justin Upton deal.

KW must be on verge of move with Mariners throwing in towel.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Rendon's fail/injury status a big reason.

Not enough pitching and Thor going all Giolito with his stuff.

Justin Upton deal.

KW must be on verge of move with Mariners throwing in towel.

For the currently free agent Justin Upton?

Edited by Bob Sacamano

On 7/23/2022 at 8:51 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

For the currently free agent Justin Upton?

Yeah, we've joked so much about these formerly top players being acquired 3-5 years too late by KW for at least two decades.

Cano was a similar name earlier in the season who last I checked was still plying his trade in AAA.   Can't imagine he could have blown through that Mariners' mega deal cash.   Unless he had a private jet like some of the Jenners and Kardashians. 

(Well, Yoenis Cespedes had his classic/antique/muscle car collection...but probably not in the 10's of millions of dollars.)

On 7/23/2022 at 2:41 AM, Dam8610 said:

It's mind boggling to me that the Angels have quite possibly the 2 best players in baseball and cannot surround them with enough talent to even consistently break .500.

So many bad FA deals it’s not even funny.  Angels are as bad as the White Sox at team building, except they actually spend $$ on premium FA.