7/23 Guardians vs White Sox G1 12:10 PM: McKenzie vs Cueto

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

This should have been an all hands on deck situation for the Sox.  If I’m managing, TA is my lead off hitter for both games, and at the very least, used as a pinch hitter in that 8th inning.

Of course, Tony manages like a gigantic pussy

• Like 3
  • TLR 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hendriks would have been 98-99 pitching in that situation last year.   Almost everyone at 96 makes a huge difference.

He also did that weird slide step on one of his pitches. He clearly didn't have it today. You wonder if it's his UCL acting up again. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure but he's been on a streak lately. You don't mess with a streak even if he's needed in a non save situation. Just let him keep doing what he does best.

Lopez would have been fine there as well (I actually don't mind saving the guy with the best swing and miss stuff in that possible situation for the tenth if need be) but Liam's not a wrong choice in that situation. One of the few times TLR has actually been proactive putting the best pitcher out there. Liam just didn't get it done.

Just now, Heads22 said:

Lopez would have been fine there as well (I actually don't mind saving the guy with the best swing and miss stuff in that possible situation for the tenth if need be) but Liam's not a wrong choice in that situation. One of the few times TLR has actually been proactive putting the best pitcher out there. Liam just didn't get it done.

No one should fault Tony for bringing in Hendriks.  He simply choked like this team loves to do.

• Like 2

Just now, Heads22 said:

No, not a wrong choice because he's a very good pitcher but to me its like messing with someone hitting streak by pinch hitting them .

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Not even close to true.

He has a 1.93 ERA in non save situations coming in.

Four hits allowed in 9.1 IP.

This will be yet another loss for him in non save situation, lost game in May to Twins 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure but he's been on a streak lately. You don't mess with a streak even if he's needed in a non save situation. Just let him keep doing what he does best.

It was a big situation and he was called upon to do his job.  He should have been ready to man up but instead he shit the bed.  I'm not  defending Tony but this was on Liam.  

Just now, fathom said:

No one should fault Tony for bringing in Hendriks.  He simply choked like this team loves to do.

Team takes on the characteristics of their manager. There's always a reason something didn't work, they're lifeless with little urgency, and very rarely make the right decisions in the heat of the moment

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

La Russa makes around 9 or 10 headscratching/awful decisions each game. But one of these teams plays like they want to win and the other looks like they couldn't care less. 

This is a game between best manager in baseball and the worst.  It’s like when Tony Bennett coaches UVa against terrible coaches.

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Team takes on the characteristics of their manager. There's always a reason something didn't work, they're lifeless with little urgency, and very rarely make the right decisions in the heat of the moment

Yep there is not one ounce of urgency.  Not playing Anderson in both games is comical.

• Thanks 2

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Exactly.  I blame Tony for not having this team ready to play coming out of the ASB, but that inning was a choke job by Liam.

I blame Hahn for not having a real fucking right fielder on the roster.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

This will be yet another loss for him in non save situation, lost game in May to Twins 

Eh, that was essentially a save situation; that was a multi inning outing however.