7/23 Sox / Guardians G2 6:15PM TLR promoted yet?

Vote4Pedro

I just started reading "Three Nights in August", about La Russa and his Cardinals team going against the Cubs back in 03.

Early on in it when the discussion of Pujols playing through an injury during which he could not throw, TLR basically says he's more than willing to sacrifice defense when there appears to be an offensive upside.

• TLR 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

I just started reading "Three Nights in August", about La Russa and his Cardinals team going against the Cubs back in 03.

Early on in it when the discussion of Pujols playing through an injury during which he could not throw, TLR basically says he's more than willing to sacrifice defense when there appears to be an offensive upside.

I told you this when they brought him back. Ron Kittle actually once played CF.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Too bad none of the guys getting overextended on defense, aside from Vaughn, can actually hit

• TLR 1

49 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

So Grandal can play both games in a doubleheader and Jimenez can pinch hit in game 1 and play game 2, but TA cannot play both games or pinch it. 

I honestly don’t get the fucking logic. 

That is typical inexplicable lack of urgency TLR ball.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

They don’t have an 80 year old making their body decisions for them based on he feels on a daily basis

Francona is considered one of the best managers in the game today.  TLR is a has been with no sense of urgency.

AJ Pierzynski is being awfully critical of the White Sox. 

He’s going to be the next manager isn’t he? I’d put some money on it. I could even see the White Sox sacrificing Miguel Cairo next year and naming AJ bench coach so he can be manager in waiting. 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Please don't question Slick Rick Hahn's idea and need of having to carry 3 (awful) catchers on the roster.  

It's likely they both discussed and went with this asinine active roster given the circumstances and options.

Still would have brought up Haseley, or tried to acquire a decent 4th/5th OF during the ASB given the fact they suspected or knew Robert was going on the IL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Please don't question Slick Rick Hahn's idea and need of having to carry 3 (awful) catchers on the roster.  

By the way, why is the lefty catcher McGuire starting against the lefty pitcher?I guess must be Lynn’s preference?

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, dohnut said:

So, I’ve watched all or part of all 94 games… just like every year. This has to be the most disappointing.

They have gone from one of the most fun teams to watch, to totally boring at a speed almost never seen before.  Probably only the Marlins dismantling their WS teams was faster, but that was on purpose. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

He’s going to be the next manager isn’t he? I’d put some money on it. I could even see the White Sox sacrificing Miguel Cairo next year and naming AJ bench coach so he can be manager in waiting. 

We can only hope.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

They have gone from one of the most fun teams to watch, to totally boring at a speed almost never seen before.  Probably only the Marlins dismantling their WS teams was faster, but that was on purpose. 

Go back and watch when they were rolling in 2020.  So much energy and hitting bombs all over.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

FOX probably pays him $2-$3M a year to do this job. Would the Sox pay him that to be the bench coach?