Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

@bmags

Hahn still has a job because Jerry won't fire him, and didn't when he earned his pink slip in 2015-16. 

So both are the problem. 

Jerry because he won't fire Hahn/KW and is backwards in baseball ops, Hahn because he's a bad GM and deserved to get fired at least 4 times in his tenure. 

As I've said many times, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with Jerry's MO if they made having a great farm the number one priority. They also need to make deals like the Brewers did yesterday with Hader. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rick Hahn is just about the worst GM I’ve ever seen. How he’s handled the last two years is freaking pathetic.  He needs to be fired immediately and then go back to rooting for the Cubs.

Who said he ever stopped? He has been a secret agent working for the Cubs and against the Sox the past decade.

Hahn entered the season with Andrew Vaughn & Gavin Sheets as key pieces of our OF mix.  Prior to the Pollock trade, Rick specifically mentioned these guys as primary options to fill the RF hole despite being slow, lumbering 1B/DH types.  Because of injuries to players with poor records of health and Pollock's inability to play RF, both Vaugh & Sheets have received a significant amount of OF time this year.  As the vast majority of Soxtalk predicted, playing 1B/DH types in the OF has led to incredibly bad OF defense and has negated much of the value these two would otherwise provide with the bat.

To put this into perspective, I took the DRS for all OFs with at least 300 innings played and then calculated their DRS on a per 9 inning basis.  112 different OFs met this threshold and guess who rank dead last.  That's right, Gavin Sheets & Andrew Vaughn ranked 111th & 112th respectively.  Even more amusing is that Vaughn is nearly twice as bad as Sheets is on a rate basis.  To think these guys were potential everyday OF options is probably a fireable offense for a major league GM, but to stick with them post trade deadline should result in an effective ban from any future front office position.

Rick Hahn is legit incompetent and needs to be fired if this organization ever wants to take a step forward.  No doubt there are other large problems within the organization, but I have never seen such poor vision and horrible execution from a GM whose team is in the middle of its competent window.  This trade deadline just reinforces all of Rick's flaws and make the need for change even more painfully obvious.  Fire the dude and finally give us a chance to become an above average organization.

2022 YTD DRS.PNG

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vaughn really needs to be traded this offseason 

Leaving the only successful first rounders as TA7, with Rodon somewhere else/no QO, Burger buried behind Moncada and 1B/DH types, finally Crochet’s long-term prognosis and role moving forward far from clear.

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rick Hahn is just about the worst GM I’ve ever seen. How he’s handled the last two years is freaking pathetic.  He needs to be fired immediately and then go back to rooting for the Cubs.

I’m starting to think this is like The Americans and Rick is a sleeper agent for the Cubs who has been long conning us this entire time.  No other explanation for how bad his tenure as GM has been.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He doesn't have enough power for 1B/DH. 

Hopefully there's a sucker that doesn't know. 

He's 82nd percentile in Max Exit Velocity, 91st in average and 92nd in hard hit% but he's 215th out 253 qualified hitters in launch angle, pretty clear what the problem is here and it's not Vaughn's strength. What the fuck are you talking about?

• Love 2
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

He's 82nd percentile in Max Exit Velocity, 91st in average and 92nd in hard hit% but he's 215th out 253 qualified hitters in launch angle, pretty clear what the problem is here and it's not Vaughn's strength. What the fuck are you talking about?

Idgaf about raw power. Avi Garcia had great raw power. Moncada has great raw power. 

Their game power is average and that's all that matters. 

Vaughn is in a similar category. 

Fixing launch angle while maintaining an MLB swing isn't easy. 

They can all hit 450 ft HRs but they don't hit enough of them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Idgaf about raw power. Avi Garcia had great raw power. Moncada has great raw power. 

IT IS THEIR HITTING PHILOSOPHY. Their launch angles are shit, so balls that would be home runs, aren't.

You really think an entire team losing all of their power within a couple seasons is a coincidence??

Also, lol@"Fixing launch angles while maintaining an MLB swing isn't easy." Plenty of organizations do that, all the time.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hitting is hard, Jack.  It's not as simple as HIT THE BALL IN THE AIR!

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know. It's the hardest feat in sports. 

We only know about the swing change success stories. I'm sure there are many more who tried and failed. 

Like Andrew Vaughn who hit 38 HRs over 501 plate appearances in 2 college seasons and now is on pace for 15 over that same number?

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

IT IS THEIR HITTING PHILOSOPHY. Their launch angles are shit, so balls that would be home runs, aren't.

You really think an entire team losing all of their power within a couple seasons is a coincidence??

Also, lol@"Fixing launch angles while maintaining an MLB swing isn't easy." Plenty of organizations do that, all the time.

I know that their hitting philosophy blows chunks. I don't know if it's their philosophy or the players swings though. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know that their hitting philosophy blows chunks. I don't know if it's their philosophy or the players swings though. 

Part of a hitting coach's job I thought was to help players modify / make adjustments to their swings to fit the organizational philosophies / goals.

Of course when you have a guy like Abreu or Grandal you don't touch him (thus Grandal is the one major offensive problem I don't blame Menechino for), but if you're a young guy like Vaughn, you better believe the hitting coach has some influence on your swing.