Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, MysterySource5000 said:

😂Hahn was obviously playing long ball on the Tatis trade.  He must have known about the roids.  

Before he had even played a game stateside?  Wouldn't it have made more sense to do it earlier (age 15-16) in order to increase his original paltry signing bonus?

Steroids helped him grow 2 1/2 inches too?

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Before he had even played a game stateside?  Wouldn't it have made more sense to do it earlier (age 15-16) in order to increase his original paltry signing bonus?

Steroids helped him grow 2 1/2 inches too?

I've hurt it can hinder some growth 2 1/2 inches....nudge nudge say no more. 

Just now, Timmy U said:

Wow.  That graph confirms so much.  The trend in every sport is to hire as many extra coaches and analysts as humanly possible. Sox hand out some iPads and let players fend for themselves.

But one of them is definitely Shelly Duncan and the long experience and skill that earned him the job totally offsets some of that. 

9 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

One way to look at it is that there's no point paying analytics people if the GM and manager aren't going to listen to them anyways.

THAT is efficiency.

Another way to spin the stats is to look at wins per analytics staffer.

How's THAT for advanced analytics! Turned that around on you all....

• Hawk 1

I recently watched Trouble With The Curve (well technically my wife watched it while I followed the Soxtalk gamethread  but I was in the same room)  and that movie proved that all you egghead numbers guys don't know diddly squat about baseball.  At least I think that was what it was about.  My wife was also switching back and forth from that movie to Draft Day so I might have lost some of the context.  All I know is that this kid had a great curveball and they brought him in to embarrass the other kid that they had just drafted in the 1st round.  Also, it's not easy being a scout, or GM, or lawyer who hates being a lawyer.  Remember that.

38 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Matt Koenig (Class of '99)

Senior Derivatives Risk Manager, Director of Technology, Partner @ Geneva Capital, LLC

Head Teaching Assistant - Intermediate Microeconomics @ University of Illinois

https://www.linkedin.com/in/Wataru-ando     White Sox analyst

If you think this is "odd"...get a load of whom the White Sox hired to be a Senior Medical Advisor a few years ago (and he still has that position):

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1530943-ex-red-sox-trainer-mike-reinold-injected-players-with-controversial-substance

Edited by Lip Man 1

50 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

One way to look at it is that there's no point paying analytics people if the GM and manager aren't going to listen to them anyways.

This.  I’d love to hire people to purposely never listen to.  Sounds really funny and a fun way to burn cash if you’re a billionaire.