Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, shago said:

Rick Hahn is the single worst sports executive in history, hands down, no questions asked. Guy should be walked naked thru the streets of Chicago to the shame bell …

I have been demanding tarring and feathering since 2016. I am excited to see more people realizing this is necessary.

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Worst 10 year stretches in White Sox history since integration by Winning Percentage. 

Winning Percentage:

1. .455 2011-2020
  2. .459 2010-2019
  3. .460 2013-2022 (33 Games Remaining)
  4. .461 1967-1976
  5. .462 1968-1977

Kids under 18 have known nothing but suckage their entire life.

Rick was only in charge for 80% of #1 and 70% of #2.  But when he was fully in charge, #3,  things improved.
I've seen enough - Rick has  earned the right to rebuild this team for the third time.

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Rick was only in charge for 80% of #1 and 70% of #2.  But when he was fully in charge, #3,  things improved.
I've seen enough - Rick has  earned the right to rebuild this team for the third time.

I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved.

Man I was mean, but I’m changing my scene, and I’m doing the best that I can.”

White Sox Baseball, It’s Getting Better All The Time

😄

I read yesterday I believe it was in the Sun-Times that Hahn hasn't spoken to the media since trade deadline day where he came out and said he felt as bad as Sox fans because they couldn't get anything done. LOL. 😁:lapantera:

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

According to DVS of the Sun-Times Hahn is supposed to speak with the media before the game tomorrow if TLR's test results are back.

Should be a hoot!

Will he be asked any serious questions about the Sox abysmal August performance, the overall  2022 failures, why players learned of the Tony’s departure via Twitter instead of him or Jerry, and whether he thinks his performance and conduct makes him worthy of remaining with the organization beyond October 5, 2022?

Or will it be the typical Hahn q & a where he opens whining about how tired and hangry he is, gives a few injury updates, followed by perhaps one or two softball questions before the press led by Bruce Levine and Shane Riordan kiss his pinky ring and then clear a path for his exit by tossing hundreds of roses to the ground and bowing as he leaves to throw remote controls and punch file cabinets in his office or North Shore home?

Matt Nagy is the only Chicago sports figure I’ve seen the Chicago media go after in press conferences, outside of a couple Tony postgame questions. It’s long overdue for the Sox media hold Rick Hahn accountable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Will he be asked any serious questions about the Sox abysmal August performance, the overall  2022 failures, why players learned of the Tony’s departure via Twitter instead of him or Jerry, and whether he thinks his performance and conduct makes him worthy of remaining with the organization beyond October 5, 2022?

Or will it be the typical Hahn q & a where he opens whining about how tired and hangry he is, gives a few injury updates, followed by perhaps one or two softball questions before the press led by Bruce Levine and Shane Riordan kiss his pinky ring and then clear a path for his exit by tossing hundreds of roses to the ground and bowing as he leaves to throw remote controls and punch file cabinets in his office or North Shore home?

Matt Nagy is the only Chicago sports figure I’ve seen the Chicago media go after in press conferences, outside of a couple Tony postgame questions. It’s long overdue for the Sox media hold Rick Hahn accountable.

Completely agree. I know he's close with Merkin since both went to Michigan and you'll never read about Scott asking him any tough questions. DVS of the Sun-Times and Sullivan from the Tribune have been pretty forthcoming though with stories and columns not avoiding the issues with this team/organization.

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Completely agree. I know he's close with Merkin since both went to Michigan and you'll never read about Scott asking him any tough questions. DVS of the Sun-Times and Sullivan from the Tribune have been pretty forthcoming though with stories and columns not avoiding the issues with this team/organization.

Merkin is paid like the announcers and team ambassadors directly by the team, so is a paid to give good PR for his employer.

I’m referring to the newspaper news outlets the White Sox allows clubhouse access (Sun Times, Athletic, Tribune, Daily Herald still around?), and also radio / television outlets beyond the Sox owned cable network.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Merkin is paid like the announcers and team ambassadors directly by the team, so is a paid to give good PR for his employer.

I’m referring to the newspaper news outlets the White Sox allows clubhouse access (Sun Times, Athletic, Tribune, Daily Herald still around?), and also radio / television outlets beyond the Sox owned cable network.

Actually that isn't completely true at least that's what Brooks Boyer told me when I interviewed him in 2008. I haven't heard of any change in this regard:

ML: Over the winter there was a lot of discussion about the Sox broadcasting situation, the rehiring of Chris Singleton, the adding of Steve Stone to the mix and recently “Hawk” Harrelson getting a three year extension. I don’t want to get into the specifics of the broadcasters themselves but I’d like to explore the process of broadcast hiring. 

I know you understand this and I do as well having been in the business for almost 30 years but there may be some readers who don’t know this so I’d like to explain why I’m asking certain questions. 

In the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s broadcasters were hired by and large, by the radio or television stations they worked for, they were paid by them. There was some distance between themselves and the teams they covered. It was how Harry Caray, for example, could be objective and at times downright critical without fear of being fired.

That distinction has been rubberized and completely blurred today. To start this area, I’d like to know how much say do you and the Sox have in broadcast hiring? 

BB: “We have a significant amount of input. If we don’t want someone or if say WSCR radio doesn’t want someone, either party can veto the choice. It’s a collaborative process, both of us have a large say in the matter. For example, and I’m just using this name, not that he was ever a candidate, if WSCR radio came to us and said we want Mike North in the Sox broadcasting booth, we’d say no. Why would we want someone who is going to knock our product or be very critical of it?” 

“Regarding the specifics on Chris, it’s no secret that it came down to either him or Tommy John. There was a mutual feeling among us and WSCR that we wanted a fresh voice. Tommy and Ed were both pitchers and both played in the same era. The game had changed a lot since they were playing. We felt it would be better to have Ed’s perspective on the game and Chris’ who played at a different time in a different position and certainly Chris, like Tommy, was a member of the Sox family.”   

“The process that time started when we put together a list of 10 to 15 names, WCSR radio put together a list of 10 to 15 names and then we interviewed candidates. We’d speak with them, then WSCR radio interviewed them, then we interviewed some candidates together before we made a choice.” 

“Both Chris and Ed are employees of WSCR radio, not the White Sox.”

That lengthy answer covers radio, not CSN, and I already knew that Len’s radio time and DJ are considered employees of WMVP, same as when the Sox TV announcers were broadcast on WGN/WSNS/WFLD/The U (and the Cubs on WGN/WLS under Wrigley and Ricketts ownership, the Tribune also owned WGN). Teams had say/veto power, but the broadcast was owned by the television or radio station and the broadcasters were considered employees of the respective station. Bill Veeck also had "veto power" but allowed his TV/Radio announcers to call it as they saw it, which obviously Jerry Reinsdorf has never adopted.

Len’s contract includes significant time on CSN, so he in part is also a direct employee of Reinsdorf owned CSN based on his dual contract, leaving DJ plus Connor McKnight and radio fill ins as the only persons with zero direct compensation by a Reinsdorf owned entity.

All the others on CSN, plus Merkin (either directly or indirectly through Reinsdorf's ownership of mlb.com) and the two you mentioned WGN interviewed for their take on Tony (Hawk and Kittle) the other day, are all employees of a Jerry Reinsdorf entity.

PS - Guys with side hustles, like Steve Stone’s WSCR appearances, appear independent of the White Sox. However, anything they say or tweet may be used against them during their next contract negotiation.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That lengthy answer covers radio, not CSN, and I already knew that Len’s radio time and DJ are considered employees of WMVP, same as when the Sox TV announcers were broadcast on WGN/WSNS/WFLD/The U (and the Cubs on WGN/WLS under Wrigley and Ricketts ownership, the Tribune also owned WGN). Teams had say/veto power, but the broadcast was owned by the television or radio station and the broadcasters were considered employees of the respective station. Bill Veeck also had "veto power" but allowed his TV/Radio announcers to call it as they saw it, which obviously Jerry Reinsdorf has never adopted.

Len’s contract includes significant time on CSN, so he in part is also a direct employee of Reinsdorf owned CSN based on his dual contract, leaving DJ plus Connor McKnight and radio fill ins as the only persons with zero direct compensation by a Reinsdorf owned entity.

All the others on CSN, plus Merkin (either directly or indirectly through Reinsdorf's ownership of mlb.com) and the two you mentioned WGN interviewed for their take on Tony (Hawk and Kittle) the other day, are all employees of a Jerry Reinsdorf entity.

PS - Guys with side hustles, like Steve Stone’s WSCR appearances, appear independent of the White Sox. However, anything they say or tweet may be used against them during their next contract negotiation.

My guess is that if this situation exists for radio the same parameters probably are in play for TV as well.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My guess is that if this situation exists for radio the same parameters probably are in play for TV as well.

Mattered when the Sox also broadcast select games on independent stations through 2019.

All local television broadcasts since 2019  occur on Jerry Reinsdorf majority (50%) owned NBCSC (Wirtz and NBC Universal own the two remaining 25% shares).