Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

James Click might get let-go by Houston. Do the right thing and clean house Jerry. 

We are going to have to live with this FO until 1 of three things happen:

1) Jerry dies.

2) Jerry sells the team.

3) KW stays to his word and retires whenever this contract is up. 

Nothing is happening until one of those 3 happens.  

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

James Click might get let-go by Houston. Do the right thing and clean house Jerry. 

It's so frustrating that we can't dream like this. He'll probably replace stearns in milwaukee or something.

44 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

We are going to have to live with this FO until 1 of three things happen:

1) Jerry dies.

2) Jerry sells the team.

3) KW stays to his word and retires whenever this contract is up. 

Nothing is happening until one of those 3 happens.  

Need 1 or 2 to happen.  In 3 Hahn replaces Williams and Getz replaces Hahn.

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Facebook rumormonger, just a few of them. Rick Hahn wants to quit if he cannot run the team. Sox held off on RF due to Oscar. Kenny wanted the Kimbrel acquisition. TLR dealt straight with JR on any conflicts.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10162003326189465&set=pcb.1047458685925481

that's just from that reddit post. It's just rick hahn's personal fanfic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Sucks to watch Cleveland fans celebrate a great win and matching Hahn's Championship dynasty playoff total in their first game

There were thousands of empty seats in Cleveland today. They can't sellout a playoff game.

Have been speaking with people in and out of the Sox organization, speaking with members of the media for a story to try to find out what is going on with this organization in this most important off season. What are the internal problems and issues, related items like a new TV network, broadcasters futures etc.

Honest to God I have been shocked at what I'm being told. I thought things were bad in the front office...its actually worse with back stabbing, lying (including to JR), people hired who don't know baseball.

I couldn't believe it.

Regarding Rick I'm consistently being told a few things:

1. He's not quitting. If he didn't when TLR was hired he isn't now. (And I've been told he went to JR and tried to talk him out of that hiring but was unsuccessful. A source told me, "JR signs his checks, what can you do?"

2. He actually has control of the team (which surprised me). Kenny has input and JR, of course, has the final say but Hahn can basically do what he thinks best.

3. The issue with Rick is he’s got all these guys around him like Jeremy Haber, friends from Michigan or someplace and they aren’t baseball guys. They didn’t play the game and have no real idea of what it takes. Darrin Jackson and others have said the same thing.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Have been speaking with people in and out of the Sox organization, speaking with members of the media for a story to try to find out what is going on with this organization in this most important off season. What are the internal problems and issues, related items like a new TV network, broadcasters futures etc.

Honest to God I have been shocked at what I'm being told. I thought things were bad in the front office...its actually worse with back stabbing, lying (including to JR), people hired who don't know baseball.

I couldn't believe it.

1. He's not quitting. If he didn't when TLR was hired he isn't now. (And I've been told he went to JR and tried to talk him out of that hiring but was unsuccessful. A source told me, "JR signs his checks, what can you do?"

2. He actually has control of the team (which surprised me). Kenny has input and JR, of course, has the final say but Hahn can basically do what he thinks best.

3. The issue with Rick is he’s got all these guys around him like Jeremy Haber, friends from Michigan or someplace and they aren’t baseball guys. They didn’t play the game and have no real idea of what it takes. Darrin Jackson and others have said the same thing.

If the front office is filled with a bunch of hacks, then Hahn should be held accountable for that.

Can you elaborate more on the lying and back-stabbing?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I couldn't believe it.

Have harped on Point 3 for ages.  Was given Theo Epstein as a counter.  And it makes sense Ivy types just don’t mesh well with baseball lifers who earned their stripes the hard way in the trenches/scouting circuit, etc.

Hahn is the quintessential anti-Adam Sandler from “Hustle.”  Except he’s not even Ben Foster’s character.

The “it’s not baseball people” is meaningless to me. Look around the league, that ship left the barn with Theo Epstein. It’s run by finance and consulting backgrounds, and in the case of Friedman, ideally they played baseball.

The problem is just a silver spoon boy that is just cosplaying as the progressive business-minded intruder into the org. He learned fro Jr the best thing to do isn’t hire the best people, but the ones that will play the game of not rocking the boat and will batten down the hatches against outside criticism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the front office is filled with a bunch of hacks, then Hahn should be held accountable for that.

Can you elaborate more on the lying and back-stabbing?

One example I was told was that JR wasn't given all the needed information on the Guaranteed Rate stadium deal from a financial standpoint. Wintrust actually made a better offer. 

Was told there are certain members of the front office that are angling for the presidency of the franchise.

Also given specifics of issues with broadcasters being told certain things were agreed to in contracts then later those agreements were changed. Resulted in things like Ed Farmer getting into a screaming match with Sox front office people at the stadium. Got to the point where broadcasters were going to JR to explain what was happening and he said he doesn't want to hear/deal with this anymore. 

I'm continuing to speak with people next week trying to sort out truth from fiction.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

One example I was told was that JR wasn't given all the needed information on the Guaranteed Rate stadium deal from a financial standpoint. Wintrust actually made a better offer. 

Was told there are certain members of the front office that are angling for the presidency of the franchise.

Also given specifics of issues with broadcasters being told certain things were agreed to in contracts then later those agreements were changed. Resulted in things like Ed Farmer getting into a screaming match with Sox front office people at the stadium. Got to the point where broadcasters were going to JR to explain what was happening and he said he doesn't want to hear/deal with this anymore. 

I'm continuing to speak with people next week trying to sort out truth from fiction.

I've heard the same thing about Wintrust.  Definite shenanigans in that process.

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't think the broadcasters are technically employed by the team. The Sox have all the power about who is in the booth, but I don't think they are responsible for their contracts.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't think the broadcasters are technically employed by the team. The Sox have all the power about who is in the booth, but I don't think they are responsible for their contracts.

Fair point but from what I'm being told the broadcasters are negotiating with Sox front office staff members (was given very specific names) and not the respective individual radio or TV stations. In a few weeks when I come out with the story I'll give a specific example involving Jason who's contract has expired although the club (I was specifically told "the club") has the option on him for the 2023 and 2024 seasons.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Does the front office have anything do with these things?  Aren’t advertising and radio deals handled by Boyer?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Does the front office have anything do with these things?  Aren’t advertising and radio deals handled by Boyer?

Brooks Boyer is in the White Sox front office, he's just not on the baseball side of the operations. I'm not saying by the way this situation has anything to do with him one way or the other. It should also be noted that at least in the past JR has been involved in this area, that's the reason Dave Wills left and took the Tampa Bay job. People in the front office wanted him to start doing the Sox games but JR never gave his approval for some reason. Dave got tired of waiting which I certainly understand. 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Wouldn't the Stadium deal be discussed between the ISFA and not the White Sox.

I am not naïve to think that JR doesn't have his hands in it but the ISFA would be the people arranging that deal.  I could be wrong and maybe the White Sox do make money off of that aspect. It certainly is a sweetheart deal for ole Jerry.