Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

How did we go from a young cheap core to a team of bad contracts.. very disappointed with some of these players 

It's mostly because Moncada and Eloy contracts are no longer good values since both aren't producing or have been too injured. 

Add in Grandal falling off a cliff and you have a bunch of guys on overvalued contracts. 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

James Click is a 30 fWAR per season upgrade over Rick Hahn.

Do. It. Now.

Could Click convince JR to spend money and invest where the org needs it most?  Would JR ever even hire someone that would challenge his ass-backwards way of doing things?  Me thinks not, for either one.

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Could Click convince JR to spend money and invest where the org needs it most?  Would JR ever even hire someone that would challenge his ass-backwards way of doing things?  Me thinks not, for either one.

The Astros had a lower payroll than the white Sox this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

The Astros had a lower payroll than the white Sox this year. 

I'd be curious to know where Houston spends money in INT, analytics, and in drafting & developing vs the White Sox.  Staff included.  Smarter player payroll allocation is only one part of the story.

• Like 1

Let’s neither over nor undersell James Click.

Click genuinely did not build that. Only about 1/3 of the players on that roster were acquired by him. Furthermore, the development programs the Astros had going that helped their pitchers and hitters clearly existed before he was there.

He did build a stellar, championship bullpen. That was nearly all him.

He also didn’t trade away anyone who since became a star - that could have been a risk with guys like Peña, Franber Valdez, etc.

He also didn’t sign major busts. The guys he did bring in or sign included guys like Neris and Verlander.

Better than Hahn? You betcha, but a trained octopus could meet that standard. Best in baseball? I don’t think he got a shot to prove that true or false. He was fine, but in an already established excellent circumstance. He couldn’t have done better, he could have done worse and didn’t, but it’s possible a lot of guys could have matched his performance given what he walked into.

• Like 1

Oh interesting so he worked his way up to being an executive in one of the most successful orgs in the league before taking over a GM role and overseeing them make an ALCS, 2 WS births and a WS 5 years after their original?  

Let’s pump the brakes thinking he’s good.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

Oh interesting so he worked his way up to being an executive in one of the most successful orgs in the league before taking over a GM role and overseeing them make an ALCS, 2 WS births and a WS 5 years after their original?  

Let’s pump the brakes thinking he’s good.

So you believe he’s an instant 30 WAR upgrade on Rick Hahn. Wow. I’m convinced now, I’m surprised that’s such a clear and obvious conclusion and I apologize for missing it:

Imagine if Jerry was actually a good businessman and was willing to bring in a quality front office person whose previous organization just won the World Series at the expense of the incumbent who has proven to be incapable of being a top tier major league GM.  But alas, Jerry will stick with the same insular leadership group who has consistently failed to build a best in class organization and hope that a new leader in the dugout will solve all our problems.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 12:12 PM, Tnetennba said:

Jerry has been the worst performing owner in baseball for 40 years with plenty of payroll ... he will get it right now because?