Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

37 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

FIFY. His entire legacy is lucking into Jordan in basketball. 

The obnoxious thing was he and Krause couldn't wait for the Jordan era to end. They thought they were so smart, and were jealous the players and Phil were getting all the credit. I think it has since been beat by "the Process" but the 5 years after Jordan were at that point, the worst 5 year cumulative record in NBA history. Without MJ, JR is a total failure.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The obnoxious thing was he and Krause couldn't wait for the Jordan era to end. They thought they were so smart, and were jealous the players and Phil were getting all the credit. I think it has since been beat by "the Process" but the 5 years after Jordan were at that point, the worst 5 year cumulative record in NBA history. Without MJ, JR is a total failure.

JR  might be a total failure as a owner but he has come out of it a billionaire. 

13 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Krause also built a solid young core by 2000 and then traded away Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Jamal Crawford and Elton Brand for aging vets and lotto picks. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Wonder if there are plans for when/if Jerry is no longer working due to age and health issues. Maybe Kenny has a role in this as well. Could be imminent. 

By all indications including from JR directly it sounds like the "plan" is that regardless of his personal situation the team will not be sold until after his death because of the tax implications. If JR is incapacitated my guess is that one of the minority owners will temporarily be put in charge. Kenny is rumored to be retiring after next season when his contract is up so again I'm guessing he will be out of the picture living in Arizona. 

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

By all indications including from JR directly it sounds like the "plan" is that regardless of his personal situation the team will not be sold until after his death because of the tax implications. If JR is incapacitated my guess is that one of the minority owners will temporarily be put in charge. Kenny is rumored to be retiring after next season when his contract is up so again I'm guessing he will be out of the picture living in Arizona. 

That one guy Howard seems to be a favored sidekick. Kenny could have a new role if Jer is in the memory care unit. 

10 hours ago, pcq said:

Wonder if there are plans for when/if Jerry is no longer working due to age and health issues. Maybe Kenny has a role in this as well. Could be imminent. 

Big Tribune expose on this years ago. If JR can’t do it, his co executor, most likely his son Michael takes over. He is the only owner with power, and that transfers to his heirs if he is incapacitated or dead. My dad is an attorney and he told me all this 40 years ago. Basically every other owner of the White Sox has no power, and never will. JR even has to approve if they want to sell their shares. 

9 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Like 7 years ago. He's never shown any eagerness to improve rosters on the margins like that.

I just wanted to give him a fair chance to do a waiver claim before I criticized him for being too lazy to scout any of the guys on waivers.

Seriously, the White Sox's depth is awful. There's like 2 positions on their roster where if they claimed a replacement level player with a minor league option, the player would be unlikely to make the big leagues. They're keeping Ruiz with no ability to send him down because they have no bullpen depth. They signed Leury to a big money deal because they aren't creating decent backups on their own. They played two different 1b in the outfield because they didn't have enough outfielders, and both of them were straight up bad. At one point last year Dallas Keuchel was their #2 starter, and it was totally obvious that such a thing was likely to happen coming into the season. They gave away one game because they had roughly 2 available relievers. They were Elvis Andrus and Johnny Cueto away from being roughly a 75 win team.

Grab someone. Anyone. Find a player or two who can rotate up and down to AAA so that if someone gets hurt you can put them on the IL and actually have a player available to step in. They don't even need to be good, literally a 0 WAR player could turn into an extra 2 wins on their record if they could pitch the 7th and 8th innings in a 4 run game without giving away the lead or catch the ball in LF as a defensive substitute on a day when someone needs a rest to keep their legs from being hurt.

It's somehow completely unbelievable and yet totally expected that they let this roster deadline pass. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I just wanted to give him a fair chance to do a waiver claim before I criticized him for being too lazy to scout any of the guys on waivers.

Seriously, the White Sox's depth is awful. There's like 2 positions on their roster where if they claimed a replacement level player with a minor league option, the player would be unlikely to make the big leagues. They're keeping Ruiz with no ability to send him down because they have no bullpen depth. They signed Leury to a big money deal because they aren't creating decent backups on their own. They played two different 1b in the outfield because they didn't have enough outfielders, and both of them were straight up bad. At one point last year Dallas Keuchel was their #2 starter, and it was totally obvious that such a thing was likely to happen coming into the season. They gave away one game because they had roughly 2 available relievers. They were Elvis Andrus and Johnny Cueto away from being roughly a 75 win team.

Grab someone. Anyone. Find a player or two who can rotate up and down to AAA so that if someone gets hurt you can put them on the IL and actually have a player available to step in. They don't even need to be good, literally a 0 WAR player could turn into an extra 2 wins on their record if they could pitch the 7th and 8th innings in a 4 run game without giving away the lead or catch the ball in LF as a defensive substitute on a day when someone needs a rest to keep their legs from being hurt.

It's somehow completely unbelievable and yet totally expected that they let this roster deadline pass. 

He’s horrible at churning the talent at the bottom part of the 40-man.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

What an L this trade turned out to be for both teams

As much as Chris Sale has been injured, this is only true from a player standpoint. Boston has a banner from 2018, so I guess they accomplished what they wanted to accomplish. The Sox do not. 

In terms of a player for player standpoint, on a long term basis, I agree with you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

He isn’t gonna be fired so can we just now free him instead, to do something.  Anything 

An unbridled Rick Hahn with an open check book in FA?  I don’t know if I would celebrate, recoil in fear, or just brace for the inevitable impact as it all came crashing down in a flaming heap.