Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

As much as I want a full house cleaning,  when I'm not disgruntled, I go back to  professional gamblers picked the Sox opening day roster to not only win their division but win a playoff series. Journalists agreed. Fans here agreed. The multiple failures aren't solely or even largely his fault. I'm willing to watch what happens this next season. 

Plus, I'm trying to regain some enthusiasm for the franchise. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, NCsoxfan said:

Has anyone ever emailed with Hahn? Does he respond?

I emailed the Sox fan feedback yesterday and put attention Rick Hahn so I'll let you know. Wasn't sure where to find a reliable email address for him so   I just looked under " other" and I gotta. Email address for fan feedback from a page listing all current Sox executives.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I emailed the Sox fan feedback yesterday and put attention Rick Hahn so I'll let you know. Wasn't sure where to find a reliable email address for him so   I just looked under " other" and I gotta. Email address for fan feedback from a page listing all current Sox executives.

Did you suggest he acquire Outman and Aquino?

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2022 at 7:46 AM, Balta1701 said:

I just wanted to give him a fair chance to do a waiver claim before I criticized him for being too lazy to scout any of the guys on waivers.

Seriously, the White Sox's depth is awful. There's like 2 positions on their roster where if they claimed a replacement level player with a minor league option, the player would be unlikely to make the big leagues. They're keeping Ruiz with no ability to send him down because they have no bullpen depth. They signed Leury to a big money deal because they aren't creating decent backups on their own. They played two different 1b in the outfield because they didn't have enough outfielders, and both of them were straight up bad. At one point last year Dallas Keuchel was their #2 starter, and it was totally obvious that such a thing was likely to happen coming into the season. They gave away one game because they had roughly 2 available relievers. They were Elvis Andrus and Johnny Cueto away from being roughly a 75 win team.

Grab someone. Anyone. Find a player or two who can rotate up and down to AAA so that if someone gets hurt you can put them on the IL and actually have a player available to step in. They don't even need to be good, literally a 0 WAR player could turn into an extra 2 wins on their record if they could pitch the 7th and 8th innings in a 4 run game without giving away the lead or catch the ball in LF as a defensive substitute on a day when someone needs a rest to keep their legs from being hurt.

It's somehow completely unbelievable and yet totally expected that they let this roster deadline pass. 

That's where I've been trying to help the team , on the margins by adding depth to the OF that is better than any other OFer we have besides Colas and they are possibly his equal.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is Aquino?  I’ve never even heard of the guy.

An OF recently DFAd by the Reds that will be 29 next season, has had 1 good month in his career and a career 84 wRC+. And doesn’t even bat LH. 

Edited by ChiSox59

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is possibly Colas’ equal?

Outman and perhaps Garrett. No one can say with 100 % accuracy how all 3 of them are going to turn out. All we know right now is that all three are good defenders and hit for power. Outman and Garrett had full AAA very good AAA seasons while Colas worked his way from A+ to AAA. Garrett and Outman had small samples of success in the  Majors while Colas has yet to make his debut.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is Aquino?  I’ve never even heard of the guy.

Aquino is like the 3rd guy I mentioned for OF depth. Arestides Aquino. I know you must remember him from 2019 . He broke records for the most amount of HRs to start a career and has a gun in RF. All I'm saying is that the OF depth is so poor that even Aquino is a better depth piece than Cespedes ATM.

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Former Reds OF. Think of a more athletic Adolfo. Power and a gun for an arm but can’t hit.

Correct poor hit tool but had plus WAR because of his power and defense. Depth piece. Highlight reel type arm. Outman also has  a 60 rated arm . Colas not sure . Gotta be 55- 60.

Had around 10 HRs in 250 ABs, About an equal rate to Bellinger . Working in the margins here.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

An OF recently DFAd by the Reds that will be 29 next season, has had 1 good month in his career and a career 84 wRC+. And doesn’t even bat LH. 

Neither are Engel or Cespedes. What now every acquisition no matter how minor even for depth purposes has to be LH ?

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wrong again . Stone Garrett and Outman. You might try a little harder to be accurate. While your living in a Gallo, Bellinger fantasy land my suggestions are based in the reality of the situation.

You sound like what Hahn does year after year. Pray for retreads for a short period of time with no regard for the future of the franchise.

The rebuild is over. No more quick fixes. You're living or dying with the position players core you have. All you can do now is improve on the margins and hope some guys  can be found with upside but can also improve the team in other ways besides hitting. You know real OFers with  full eligibility who can catch and run .

Find me another guy besides Garrett who hit a HR off both Cease and Rodon with less than 30 games experience. I'll make it easier on you find another rookie, no matter how many games played who hit a HR off of both of them.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Hahn sucks. Jerry sucks too, but another GM could do a better job with what Jerry gives them. 

However, new GM would have to convince Jerry to use lots of computers to help make decisions, and idk how possible that is. 

Regardless, Hahn is terrible. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

On 11/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Texsox said:

As much as I want a full house cleaning,  when I'm not disgruntled, I go back to  professional gamblers picked the Sox opening day roster to not only win their division but win a playoff series. Journalists agreed. Fans here agreed. The multiple failures aren't solely or even largely his fault. I'm willing to watch what happens this next season. 

Plus, I'm trying to regain some enthusiasm for the franchise. 

Were this a one year blip, an anomaly, amidst great success, then I could go with that. 
The problem is that it's the successes, not the failures, that have been the anomaly, under Hahn.  And by that logic, if Vegas has us pegged at, say 82 wins, and the team wins 76, it will also not be his fault.
Regardless, there's nothing stopping him from improving this team for next season.  Let's see him do it.

Edited by GreenSox

6 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Were this a one year blip, an anomaly, amidst great success, then I could go with that. 
The problem is that it's the successes, not the failures, that have been the anomaly, under Hahn.  And by that logic, if Vegas has us pegged at, say 82 wins, and the team wins 76, it will also not be his fault.
Regardless, there's nothing stopping him from improving this team for next season.  Let's see him do it.

I think there is a difference between putting together a projected .500 team and a contender. 

It would be his fault for putting together a projected non contender when it is a reasonable expectation for the team in 2022 to be a solid playoff contender. 

At this point in the calendar It's a three legged stool. The ownership group needs to set a budget that is competitive. The GM has to build a roster that is likely to win. The manager has to get the most out of the players once the season begins. 

In hindsight the blame for last season should rest in Tony and the players with an understanding some injuries were accidents that couldn't be avoided. 

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

In hindsight the blame for last season should rest in Tony and the players with an understanding some injuries were accidents that couldn't be avoided. 

Yes, the injuries and declines in production aren't his fault per se.
But perhaps had he done things differently, we could have overcome that.  Picking up Kimbel's and not Rodon's option is inexplicable.  No one thought that was a good idea.   Using so many resources on the bullpen was unwise.  Had he redeployed those resources, we might have been able to overcome the things that did not go well and were not "his fault."
I  

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Yes, the injuries and declines in production aren't his fault per se.
But perhaps had he done things differently, we could have overcome that.  Picking up Kimbel's and not Rodon's option is inexplicable.  No one thought that was a good idea.   Using so many resources on the bullpen was unwise.  Had he redeployed those resources, we might have been able to overcome the things that did not go well and were not "his fault."
I  

As the person who got told how awesome Kimbrel's option was all of last season and outraged people when I called him an average at best reliever, I promise you that plenty of people thought that was a spectacular idea. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1