Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

• 1 month later...

Hard to imagine Hahn going into this season with this bad a bullpen. I guess he can be forgiven as nobody knew Liam would be out. ... I will say Pedro should now know. With a bullpen this bad never use a guy two nights in a row. See if you can get lucky on a given night with the 'fresh' guys even if they reek.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Every move Hahn makes has deadly repercussions down the line.

Rodon and Kimbrel QOs.

Stuck with Pollock until M's bailed out Rick.

Now stuck with Diekman after his sell by date expired and Crochet weeks or maybe still months away.

Yet somehow after 10 years in charge with only two winning seasons (and they weren't always trying to 'tank") he still has a job.

Can't imagine any other organization keeping a guy with a track record like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bummer probably isn’t available back to back nights yet. They just had to roll with Diekman. A Hahn mistake that will keep haunting.  Graveman not getting Maldonado was grave as well, and Bregman and Tucker with stellar defense also killed the Sox last night. Oh well. I would have taken 1-1 at this point since the schedule came out.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bummer probably isn’t available back to back nights yet. They just had to roll with Diekman. A Hahn mistake that will keep haunting.  Graveman not getting Maldonado was grave as well, and Bregman and Tucker with stellar defense also killed the Sox last night. Oh well. I would have taken 1-1 at this point since the schedule came out.

Benintendi not making that play in LF didn't help much either.

Probably 1/3 or 1/4  odds, but far from impossible.

It's one of the reasons his fWAR was so muted between 2019-2021.  He's a competent outfielder, but hardly much more than that.

Crochet injury hurts in multiple ways.  But, then again, Houston is a championship quality team without three lefties in the pen.

Edited by caulfield12

40 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Why did it have to be Diekman? Is it one of the new rules that you have to bring in a LH reliever to face a LH hitter?

26 minutes ago, ChiSoxTrojan said:

It’s by far the most expensive bullpen in MLB history, and it makes no sense. Another relic of the La Russ’s era.

Until they signed Hendriks and added Kimbrel, they at least had a halfway affordable pen.

And Joe Kelly was such a terrible signing...still really sticks out like the Leury deal.