Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

I remember seeing Heyman's article about a potential future White Sox sale. How would this work? Isn't Jerry a majority share holder? Would those other share holders sell their stake in the team as well? It would be a glorious day for us all as this maybe the only way we see Hahn/KW and the rest of that inept front office depart. 

This story explains why the Sox will not be for sale as long as JR is alive:

https://www.southsidesox.com/2022/8/29/23325369/jerry-reinsdorf-selling-chicago-white-sox-not-on-his-life

Edited by Lip Man 1

Rich Hahn's performance as the General Manager of the Chicago White Sox can be evaluated based on his accomplishments during his tenure. During Hahn's time as GM, the White Sox have made some significant progress and have become a competitive team in the American League.

Hahn oversaw a rebuild of the team that included acquiring top prospects and developing them into key players for the team. He also made some significant acquisitions, such as signing free-agent pitcher Dallas Keuchel and trading for All-Star outfielder Eloy Jimenez.

In recent years, the White Sox have made the playoffs and won the American League Central division in 2021, their first division title since 2008. They have also become one of the top teams in the American League, with a talented and young roster.

Overall, based on his accomplishments, it can be argued that Rich Hahn has been a good GM for the Chicago White Sox. However, ultimately, it is up to the team's ownership and management to evaluate his performance and decide if they believe he is the right person to continue leading the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Rich Hahn's performance as the General Manager of the Chicago White Sox can be evaluated based on his accomplishments during his tenure. During Hahn's time as GM, the White Sox have made some significant progress and have become a competitive team in the American League.

Hahn oversaw a rebuild of the team that included acquiring top prospects and developing them into key players for the team. He also made some significant acquisitions, such as signing free-agent pitcher Dallas Keuchel and trading for All-Star outfielder Eloy Jimenez.

In recent years, the White Sox have made the playoffs and won the American League Central division in 2021, their first division title since 2008. They have also become one of the top teams in the American League, with a talented and young roster.

Overall, based on his accomplishments, it can be argued that Rich Hahn has been a good GM for the Chicago White Sox. However, ultimately, it is up to the team's ownership and management to evaluate his performance and decide if they believe he is the right person to continue leading the team.

In 10 years Hahn has been the G.M. the White Sox have had TWO winning seasons.

Two.

And remember they weren't always in a "tank mode." There were years they were trying to win and Hahn couldn't even field a team to post a winning record.

As far as the post season, in a supposed "window of contention?"

Two first round exits, overall record 2-5.

Not even in the same galaxy as what the Astros and Cubs accomplished during their rebuilds.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

In 10 years Hahn has been the G.M. the White Sox have had TWO winning seasons.

Two.

And remember they weren't always in a "tank mode." There were years they were trying to win and Hahn couldn't even field a team to post a winning record.

As far as the post season, in a supposed "window of contention?"

Two first round exits, overall record 2-5.

Not even in the same galaxy as what the Astros and Cubs accomplished during their rebuilds.

Sorry Lip, I was fucking around with ChatGPT. The AI isn't on our level. Fire his ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sorry Lip, I was fucking around with ChatGPT. The AI isn't on our level. Fire his ass.

It didn't even look or sound real, it looked like it was written by Boyer, his family or a PR agent/agency.

Trading for All-Star outfielder Jimenez didn't make sense since he was in the minors...I guess he'd played already in the Futures Game at that point, but obviously not an MLB All-Star (yet).

Overlooked the entire FA record and the last two deeply disappointing offseasons, as well as the failures to sign Machado, Harper and Wheeler (leading to the fallback of Keuchel), among a thousand different smaller sins.

(Surprised it didn't not how many of those first round draft picks made the big leagues...conveniently overlooking how many became significant long-term contributors with the White Sox.)

Nothing about Brian Ball and the "swept under the rug" lawsuit, either.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It didn't even look or sound real, it looked like it was written by Boyer, his family or a PR agent/agency.

Trading for All-Star outfielder Jimenez didn't make sense since he was in the minors...I guess he'd played already in the Futures Game at that point, but obviously not an MLB All-Star (yet).

Overlooked the entire FA record and the last two deeply disappointing offseasons, as well as the failures to sign Machado, Harper and Wheeler (leading to the fallback of Keuchel), among a thousand different smaller sins.

(Surprised it didn't not how many of those first round draft picks made the big leagues...conveniently overlooking how many became significant long-term contributors with the White Sox.)

Nothing about Brian Ball and the "swept under the rug" lawsuit, either.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to give a shoutout to @caulfield12 on Soxtalk. Their posts are consistently thoughtful, well-reasoned, and backed up with solid evidence. They have a deep understanding of the game and are always willing to engage in respectful debate and discussion with others on the board. I really appreciate the time and effort they put into their contributions, and I always look forward to reading their insights. Keep up the great work!

• TLR 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to give a shoutout to @caulfield12 on Soxtalk. Their posts are consistently thoughtful, well-reasoned, and backed up with solid evidence. They have a deep understanding of the game and are always willing to engage in respectful debate and discussion with others on the board. I really appreciate the time and effort they put into their contributions, and I always look forward to reading their insights. Keep up the great work!

File this under “things I thought I would never read” haha

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Now you've gone and done it...

Ron and KyYle and about 4-5 others will descend like locusts.

The saddest thing about this season isn't being proven right about Hahn...it's just that ONCE AGAIN we have to watch other teams in baseball to actually experience high-quality baseball.

I honestly don't know if we would be in much better shape had we retained TLR, but it's hard to imagine things being much worse, especially the future outlook and exactly where the heck do they go from here.

And my prediction has been fulfilled at 3-2-1....just like clockwork.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Now you can do one for Greg about his views on souvenirs/concession/parking prices, having a beer with Ozzie and the 2005 team at Applebee's in Lawrence, Chicagoland high school memories vis a vis the current diminished state of Catholic school education, the Royals and "lift and pull" corpseball....add the TA7 and now Burger to catcher schtick in there as well.

Oh, haircuts during Covid, encountering "interesting" strangers in the Subway sandwich line...Covid policies in general.

That's a wide breadth of material to cover, but ChatGPT4 can surely handle it.

Edited by caulfield12

Crane said on Wednesday he had not asked permission from the Brewers to interview David Stearns, the former Astros assistant GM who stepped down as the Brewers’ president of baseball operations on Oct. 28 and moved into an advisory role.

Shortly after, Crane said the search for a new GM would last into the new year, meaning the Astros navigated the offseason with assistant GMs Bill Firkus, Andrew Ball and Charles Cook leading the baseball operations department, 

Here's more on the Astros’ potential GM candidates and some names that have been linked to the club:

Brad Ausmus

Dana Brown
Brown, 55, was named Atlanta’s VP of scouting prior to the 2019 season and helped procure much of the Braves' young talent, such as Michael Harris, the 2022 NL Rookie of the Year, and pitcher Spencer Strider, who finished second. Prior to Atlanta, Brown spent nine seasons as a special assistant to the GM for the Blue Jays and worked as the director of scouting for the Expos/Nationals for eight seasons from 2002-09, during which he drafted over 40 Major League players, including seven All-Stars. He began his scouting career with the Pirates in '94. He was a teammate of Craig Biggio at Seton Hall.

Bobby Evans
Evans, 53, was the GM of the Giants from the start of the 2015 season until Sept. 24, 2018. He was hired by San Francisco in '94 as a Minor League administrative assistant and worked his way up from there. He was promoted to director of Minor League operations in '98, to director of player personnel in '05 and to vice president of baseball operations in '09. Prior to the Giants, he worked in the Commissioner’s Office in New York for three years.

James Harris
Harris was promoted to the assistant GM of the Guardians last year after joining the organization in December 2016 as the director of player development. He spent most of '16 as a special assistant with the Pirates after three years as the chief of staff for the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles and nearly six years working at the University of Oregon. He was also a consultant for the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers from 2008-12.

mlb.com

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-potential-general-manager-candidates

Edited by caulfield12

It just amazes me how low JR is prepared to take this franchise just so he won't have to admit he has the wrong leadership.  Almost all of the teams top prospects are hurt. Not a good sign. They have been average at best for over a season and a half.  They haven't been able to fill obvious weaknesses, and spring even more leaks. Show Rick the door. Tell KW the retirement he's been talking sou ds like a good idea, and hire a new baseball guy. Give him the power to hire a GM. Give the new GM the power to hire another manager if necessary.  Someone needs to get it through JRs skull that if he doesn't care, except for the balance of his bank account, the people who are keeping his bank account healthy won't want to do that anymore. 2 home playoff games in 15 years. Unacceptable.  What we were promised has not even within the same area code been fulfilled. Management has failed. If Rick performed in the classrooms at Michigan, Harvard and NU like he has as a Sox GM, he'd probably be working at 7-11 right now. 

Clean house. Today.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

It just galls me that JR could amass billions in assets, Im sure he must have fired many in his day yet he wont hold the higher ups accountable as in RH, KW etc

IIRC he bought the Sox for what 20 million and now its worth was it 1.5 billion? I realize hes had investors but dont they have a say in all this?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It just amazes me how low JR is prepared to take this franchise just so he won't have to admit he has the wrong leadership.  Almost all of the teams top prospects are hurt. Not a good sign. They have been average at best for over a season and a half.  They haven't been able to fill obvious weaknesses, and spring even more leaks. Show Rick the door. Tell KW the retirement he's been talking sou ds like a good idea, and hire a new baseball guy. Give him the power to hire a GM. Give the new GM the power to hire another manager if necessary.  Someone needs to get it through JRs skull that if he doesn't care, except for the balance of his bank account, the people who are keeping his bank account healthy won't want to do that anymore. 2 home playoff games in 15 years. Unacceptable.  What we were promised has not even within the same area code been fulfilled. Management has failed. If Rick performed in the classrooms at Michigan, Harvard and NU like he has as a Sox GM, he'd probably be working at 7-11 right now. 

Clean house. Today.

All your points are sadly spot on.

The real sad thing here is, if Jerry's ego is that arrogant where he doesn't give a crap to take this organization to further lower depths of baseball hell, then he really is a sick and uncaring human. The fact he isn't bothered that it embarrasses his own legacy and for sure embarrassing his family is frightening. This real is a sick and warped aging senile man, when he absolutely doesn't have one ounce of guilt in letting his long time loyal die-hard Sox fans down, which makes his stubborn decision making so disgraceful and sickening. 

7 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

All your points are sadly spot on.

The real sad thing here is, if Jerry's ego is that arrogant where he doesn't give a crap to take this organization to further lower depths of baseball hell, then he really is a sick and uncaring human. The fact he isn't bothered that it embarrasses his own legacy and for sure embarrassing his family is frightening. This real is a sick and warped aging senile man, when he absolutely doesn't have one ounce of guilt in letting his long time loyal die-hard Sox fans down, which makes his stubborn decision making so disgraceful and sickening. 

I feel same and not meaning to make fun of his senility but you gotta wonder if hes running around w his underwear on his head, no wonder hes reclusive 

31 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It just galls me that JR could amass billions in assets, Im sure he must have fired many in his day yet he wont hold the higher ups accountable as in RH, KW etc

IIRC he bought the Sox for what 20 million and now its worth was it 1.5 billion? I realize hes had investors but dont they have a say in all this?

No they do not. It is in JR's contract that he has the say to run the day to day operations of the team as he sees fit and that includes if he wishes to sell or not.

The minority owners, the board of directors literally have ZERO say. That doesn't mean JR doesn't listen to them but he is under no obligation to do what they wish.

Some of the minority owners were asking him to sell after 2005 but he refused. Andrew Berlin twice made offers in 2008 but was turned down. 

3 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I feel same and not meaning to make fun of his senility but you gotta wonder if hes running around w his underwear on his head, no wonder hes reclusive 

I agree with you and it's not making fun of him. The fact is, not all older men age the same. Senility comes to some men sooner than others. I like many in this forum know some older family members that similar age. They sometimes act very stubborn or illogical and they for sure don't act like the same people they were when they were younger. 

Rick Hahn tied Harry Grabiner last night for the most games (123) under .500 in White Sox General Manager history.

Please note Harry Grabiner’s White Sox teams won two AL Pennants and unlike Hahn held an actual parade after winning the 1917 World Series.

White Sox All Time General Manager Records

1. .568 Hank Greenberg ( 267-203-3 +64(1959-1961) (1959 American League Pennant)
  2. .556 Charles Comiskey II (257-205-2 +52) (1956-1958)
  3. .535 Charles Comiskey (1115-968-48 +147) (1901-1914) (1906 World Series Championship & 1901 American League Pennant *)  * = No 1901 World Series.
  4. .527 Ron Schuler (817-734-3 +83) (1991-2000)
  5. .521 Kenny Williams (1014-931-0 +83) (2001-2012) (2005 World Series Championship)
  6. .518 Frank Lane (559-519-9 +40) (1949-1955)
  7. .508 Stu Holcomb (243-235-0 +8) (1971-1973)
  8. .504 Ed Short (735-723-1 +12) (1962-1970)
  9. .491 Roland Hemond (922-957-6 -35) (1974-1985)
  10. .487 Harry Grabiner (2285-2408-27 -123) (1915-1945) (1917 World Series Championship & 1919 American League Pennant)
  11. .481 Larry Himes (311-335-0 -24) (1987-1990)
  12. .460 Rick Hahn (707-830-0 -123) (2013-April 21, 2023)
  13. .444 Hawk Harrelson (72-90-0 -18) (1986)
  14. .425 Leslie O'Connor (195-265-4 -70) (1946-1948)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

No they do not. It is in JR's contract that he has the say to run the day to day operations of the team as he sees fit and that includes if he wishes to sell or not.

The minority owners, the board of directors literally have ZERO say. That doesn't mean JR doesn't listen to them but he is under no obligation to do what they wish.

Some of the minority owners were asking him to sell after 2005 but he refused. Andrew Berlin twice made offers in 2008 but was turned down. 

In theory regardless of the partnership agreement the managing partner has a legal obligation to act in the financial interest of the other partners. Again in theory only the other partners could attempt to sue JR if there is proof he has not done so, which could force JR to relinquish his managing partner status to another owner to avoid this action.

Mark Cuban has a similar agreement with minority partners with the Mavericks and they attempted such a suit some year ago. They however got nowhere.

Rick Hahn now takes the #1 spot overall at 124 games under .500 as White Sox GM.

Six All Time White Sox GMs with a losing record over their tenure.

1. .491 Roland Hemond (922-957-6 -35) (1974-1985)
  2. .487 Harry Grabiner (2285-2408-27 -123) (1915-1945) (1917 World Series Championship & 1919 American League Pennant)
  3. .481 Larry Himes (311-335-0 -24) (1987-1990)
  4. .460 Rick Hahn (707-831-0 -124) (2013-April 22, 2023)
  5. .444 Hawk Harrelson (72-90-0 -18) (1986)
  6. .425 Leslie O'Connor (195-265-4 -70) (1946-1948)

Latest White Sox Seven Series Winless Streak: 0-6-1 (March 30, 2023 - April 23, 2023, ongoing) - Rick Hahn Declared "Multi Championship Window" Season

• Split 2-2 at Houston Astros (10-10)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. San Francisco Giants (6-13)
  • Lost 1-2 at Pittsburgh Pirates (14-7)
  • Lost 1-2 at Minnesota Twins (11-9)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Baltimore Orioles (12-7)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Philadelphia Phillies (9-12)
  • Down 0-2 at Tampa Bay (18-3) with one game remaining

Latest White Sox Eight Series Winless Streak: 0-7-1 (September 18, 2018 - April 10, 2019) - Rick Hahn Declared "Rebuilding" Seasons

• Lost 1-2 at Cleveland MLB Team (91-71)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Chicago Cubs (95-68)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Cleveland MLB Team (91-71)
  • Swept 0-4 at Minnesota Twins (78-84) - 2018 Season Ending Series
  • Lost 1-2 at Kansas City Royals (59-103)
  • Split 1-1 at Cleveland MLB Team (93-69)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Seattle Mariners (68-94)
  • Swept 0-3 vs. Tampa Bay Rays (96-66)

Latest White Sox Nine & Ten Series Winless Streak: 0-9-1 (July 3, 2017 - August 6, 2017) - Rick Hahn Declared "Rebuilding" Season

• Lost 1-2 at Oakland Athletics (75-87)
  • Lost 1-2 at Colorado Rockies (87-75)
  • Swept 0-3 vs. Seattle Mariners (78-84)
  • Swept 0-2 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (104-58)
  • Swept 0-3 at Kansas City Royals (80-82)
  • Split 1-1 at Chicago Cubs (92-70)
  • Swept 0-2 vs. Chicago Cubs (92-70)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Cleveland MLB Team (102-60)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Toronto Blue Jays (76-86)
  • Swept 0-4 at Boston Red Sox (93-69)

Latest White Sox Eleven & Twelve Series Winless Streak: 0-7-5 (September 24, 1996 - April 30, 1997) - Manager Terry Bevington

• Split 1-1 vs. Kansas City Royals (75-86)
  • Lost 1-2 at Minnesota Twins (78-84) - 1996 Season Ending Series
  • Split 1-1 at Toronto Blue Jays (76-86)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Detroit Tigers (79-83)
  • Swept 0-2 vs. Toronto Blue Jays (76-86)
  • Lost 1-2 at Detroit Tigers (79-83)
  • Swept 0-2 at Texas Rangers (77-85)
  • Split 1-1 vs. Baltimore Orioles (98-64)
  • Lost 1-3 vs. New York Yankees (96-66)
  • Split 1-1 at Baltimore Orioles (98-64)
  • Lost 1-2 at New York Yankees (96-66)
  • Split 1-1 vs. Texas Rangers (77-85)

Latest White Sox Thirteen & Fourteen Series Winless Streak: 0-10-4 (June 30, 1980 - August 20, 1980) - Manager Tony La Russa

• Lost 1-3 vs. California Angels (65-95)
  • Split 2-2 vs. Oakland Athletics (83-79)
  • Split 1-1 vs. Baltimore Orioles (100-62)
  • Swept 0-3 vs. New York Yankees (103-59)
  • Lost 1-2 at Texas Rangers (76-85-2)
  • Lost 1-2 at Milwaukee Brewers (86-76)
  • Lost 1-3 at Kansas City Royals (97-65)
  • Split 2-2-1 vs. Texas Rangers (76-85-2)
  • Split 1-1 vs. Milwaukee Brewers (86-76)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Kansas City Royals (97-65)
  • Swept 0-3 at Baltimore Orioles (100-62)
  • Lost 1-2 at Boston Red Sox (83-77)
  • Lost 1-2 at New York Yankees (103-59) *
  • Lost 1-3 vs. Cleveland MLB Team (79-81) *

Note * - Does not include 1 Game Played hosting Boston on Friday August 15 (a 8-5 Loss). The remaining two games scheduled for Saturday and Sunday were rained out and not made up later in the season.

Latest White Sox Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty, Twenty-One, Twenty-Two, Twenty-Three & Twenty Four Series Winless Streak: 0-16-8 (May 15, 1970 - August 4, 1970) - Team played partial schedule previous two seasons in Milwaukee.

• Split 2-2 vs. Kansas City Royals (65-97)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. California Angels (86-76)
  • Swept 0-4 vs, Oakland Athletics (89-73)
  • Lost 1-2 at Kansas City Royals (65-97)
  • Lost 1-2 at Boston Red Sox (87-75)
  • Lost 1-2 at Washington Senators II (70-92)
  • Lost 1-2 at New York Yankees (93-69-1)*
  • Split 1-1 vs. Boston Red Sox (87-75)*
  • Lost 1-3 vs. Washington Senators II (70-92)
  • Split 1-1 vs. New York Yankees (93-69-1)
  • Lost 1-3 at Oakland Athletics (89-73)
  • Lost 1-3 at California Angels (86-76)
  • Split 2-2 vs. Minnesota Twins (98-64)
  • Swept 0-3 vs. Oakland Athletics (89-73)
  • Lost 1-2 at Minnesota Twins (98-64)
  • Lost 2-3 at Milwaukee Brewers (65-97-1)
  • Lost 1-3 at Kansas City Royals (65-97)
  • Swept 0-3 vs. Detroit Tigers (79-83)
  • Lost 1-2 vs. Baltimore Orioles (108-54)
  • Lost 1-2 at Cleveland MLB Team (76-86)
  • Split 2-2 at Detroit Tigers (79-83)
  • Split 1-1 at Baltimore Orioles (108-54)
  • Split 2-2 vs. Cleveland MLB Team (76-86)
  • Split 1-1 vs. Kansas City Royals (65-97)

Note*: The White Sox also lost a single June 8th makeup game at Milwaukee 5-2. This game is not reflected above.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1