Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-22-international-reviews-miami-marlins/

We need to hire all these guys away from the Marlins or get Kim Ng to recruit them to Chicago. 

Eury Perez 20 years old 27 days debuting today, #10 MiLB prospect

Sandy Alcantara, Sixto Sanchez, Jorge Lopez, Jose Fernandez, etc. 

We haven't had signing classes of 50-60 players out of Latin America if you added up Paddy's entire tenure. 

The Marlins are one of numerous clubs that have multiple DSL teams, which obviously helps an org be able to sign & churn out players at that rate like that. If my count is correct, the White Sox are one of nine that only field one DSL club. 

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

When the only two teams in baseball with a worse record than you are actively trying to lose while you are running a $186 MM payroll, you are in fact the worst team in baseball.

Good job Rick.

(Bump)

I hope we end up with the worst record in baseball, that payroll is hilarious considering how bad the roster is

• Like 3
  • Love 1

WhiteSox position players and pitchers were vastly overrated before the season ... almost to a man. I fear an over-reaction by management where they make bad trades just to make them and as a result, this team goes from very bad to very, very bad.

• Fire 1

I really wonder how Rick Hahn sleeps at night.  Like even the most incompetent assholes would step down if they were the architect of this failure.  But Rick just keeps on chugging by blaming everyone else but himself.  Dude must have a massive ego to be so blind to his own shortcomings.  I can’t believe we’ve been stuck with this clown for 10 years.

• Love 2

Rick Hahn is obviously a smart guy. Putting together baseball teams , however, isn’t one of his aptitudes. How much more of this is going to be met with inaction?

KW said accountability isn’t a problem. Well then show us what you mean. Cut the bullshit. If you can’t get fired , you should be embarrassed enough to resign.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Rick Hahn is obviously a smart guy. Putting together baseball teams , however, isn’t one of his aptitudes. How much more of this is going to be met with inaction?

KW said accountability isn’t a problem. Well then show us what you mean. Cut the bullshit. If you can’t get fired , you should be embarrassed enough to resign.

I can't believe that Hahn would resign. This is a one time deal for him. No other MLB team would ever sign him as a GM after  his lack of success here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can't believe that Hahn would resign. This is a one time deal for him. No other MLB team would ever sign him as a GM after  his lack of success here.

When you have a very nice gig like that, with big paychecks each month, you never resign, unless you are getting something in exchange.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

WhiteSox position players and pitchers were vastly overrated before the season ... almost to a man. I fear an over-reaction by management where they make bad trades just to make them and as a result, this team goes from very bad to very, very bad.

That probably will happen! At this point, we really need that "very very bad" Sox team. It's the only hope and prayer we have as Sox fans...and trust me, I know its small chance...but it's only hope we have for JR to get more crucified and then hopefully JR will be forced to fire Hahn and hopefully the entire FO. 

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

When you have a very nice gig like that, with big paychecks each month, you never resign, unless you are getting something in exchange.

Exactly this. I know I’m not walking away from that money, especially when no one else is gonna hire me.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

I don’t think they have the talent in the minors to bring anyone in. And even if we traded some minor league talent and they turned into something, they wouldn’t have reached that potential in this organization anyway. It almost doesn’t matter either way, as long as the same people are running the show.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really wonder how Rick Hahn sleeps at night.  Like even the most incompetent assholes would step down if they were the architect of this failure.  But Rick just keeps on chugging by blaming everyone else but himself.  Dude must have a massive ego to be so blind to his own shortcomings.  I can’t believe we’ve been stuck with this clown for 10 years.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

KW said accountability isn’t a problem. Well then show us what you mean. Cut the bullshit. If you can’t get fired , you should be embarrassed enough to resign

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

31 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Exactly this. I know I’m not walking away from that money, especially when no one else is gonna hire me.

Had Rick Hahn actually had any dignity, he should have resigned in October 2020. Literally everyone in baseball would have understood it. He could probably have negotiated out of any noncompete clause for a reduced salary and taken a job as an assistant GM somewhere with his reputation mostly in tact from having rebuilt the Sox into a playoff team. He could then wait out another GM job if that’s what he wanted. He also would have gotten out of any of the restrictions on spending that people believe are imposed on him. He’s here by choice.

• Fire 1

More than anything, I’m going to keep hammering home that the Sox simply don’t have high standards when it comes to any of this. It is worth reemphasizing. Successful organizations in the MLB are decisive to a fault, and make very major moves when disasters like this happen. The White Sox are anything but decisive. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

More than anything, I’m going to keep hammering home that the Sox simply don’t have high standards when it comes to any of this. It is worth reemphasizing. Successful organizations in the MLB are decisive to a fault, and make very major moves when disasters like this happen. The White Sox are anything but decisive. 

The first "Rick Hahn should have been fired" moment on my list is 2013, his first year. He thought they had a competitive roster, added players to it, did not subtract or start a rebuilding process, did nothing to plan for the future until midseason, and wound up 63-99. Not every team would have fired their GM for that after only 1 season, but that was such an epic collapse that at least half of the teams in the league would have said "nope, this is unacceptably bad and we don't care how little time you've had on the job we're going in a different direction".

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Hahn said he has to continue to earn his position. What has he ever earned? Maybe he’s like George Costanza and never fucks up JRs calzone order.

I will tell you what Hahn has earned: If he continues to destroy this organization further, which he will, and refuses to resign... then he will probably never see another GM job again. Even if he were to get another one, it would be only at some major losing franchise. The fact is though, I don't think he even gets a GM job at the worst team in baseball. What sane owner would want Hahn based on his debacle of all the critical GM duties that he failed miserably at:

1. A trainwreck of the full blown rebuild. From the 2016 into 2023 he has one of the worst teams in baseball. 
2. The people under him responsible for scouting, drafting and developing young prospects has been a utter disaster! Hence why they are currently ranked 26th in farm systems. 
3. Horrific free agent signings! The Sox currently have the 11th highest payroll and yet third worst record to show for it. 
4. Brutally unsuccessful track record of trading way key starters and getting poor value in return off the prospects...he overvalued and then underdeveloped in his own Sox system.

If you were a owner of a struggling losing club, would want Hahn to be in charge of turning your team around? If some owner was....good luck!

He should at least call for a Press Conference where he takes no questions, but he has a bunch of questions written out for him with the answers also written out for him.  He can read them to the journalists, and then leave.