7/24 Games

BamaDoc

16 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sox traditionally go for power over hit which seldom works out.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Maybe this is where some coaching could help.

Same with all of the high-K pitchers; many walk way too many, including those on the major league staff.  More command and control please. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Hopefully the Nationals are scouting Birmingham today, eh? Colas would look great for them as a Soto replacement.

Rick Hahn is the only GM on Earth dumb enough to trade a cost-controlled beast for a $550 million beast.  I get it, Soto is way better than Colas and the same age.  But Colas is going to be quite good.  And affordable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Rick Hahn is the only GM on Earth dumb enough to trade a cost-controlled beast for a $550 million beast.  I get it, Soto is way better than Colas and the same age.  But Colas is going to be quite good.  And affordable.  

This brought me a good laugh, lol. Thank you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Neither Hahn (nor Haber) can evaluate talent, so I can only hope that he's starting to listen to his internal scouting and player development department (which I think pretty objectively is on the rise) and not relying on top 100 lists.

This Hunter Dollander looks interesting in Kanny.  He's older (but just a year out of college) but tore up Az and is blistering Kanny. Low Ks and low walks.   Google told me that he was a great player for a NAIA school, and the Sox signed him from  out old friend, and now indy-league, Great Falls.

19 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'm sorry, what?

Every GM trades Colas for Soto.

Just now, Quin said:

I'm sorry, what?

Every GM trades Colas for Soto.

"Soto is way better than Colas at the same age" caused me to find out that Soto is actually 2 months younger than Colas! Colas might very well be the young savage we're all hoping for, but obviously Soto is on a completely different level from him and every other prospect in baseball. He'll be one of the most valuable players ever traded if & when it happens.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

42 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Hopefully the Nationals are scouting Birmingham today, eh? Colas would look great for them as a Soto replacement.

Not just no, but hell no.

Were not winning shit with TLR at the helm and since he's apparently going nowhere there's no need to waste 6.5 years of left handed savagery for nothing. 

They punted this window when JR stopped taking his meds and hijacked the immediate window. Let's not compound the problem.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'm probably the biggest Oscar Colas fan on this board and twitter outside of his family and I can assure you if the Sox could get a deal done for Soto and it included Colas going to Washington that is an automatic accept for any GM to ever hold the job.  Its a no brainer, in fact anyone turning it down should and would lose their job.  

Colas is and will be special, Ive said that ever since before we signed him.  But Soto > Colas, it's just a fact.  

And yes I fully believe he Colas be in AAA right now making a push for a callup this season but the Sox slow played it so he will be up next season and ready to bring real swag to the Southside 

15 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I'm probably the biggest Oscar Colas fan on this board and twitter outside of his family and I can assure you if the Sox could get a deal done for Soto and it included Colas going to Washington that is an automatic accept for any GM to ever hold the job.  Its a no brainer, in fact anyone turning it down should and would lose their job.  

Colas is and will be special, Ive said that ever since before we signed him.  But Soto > Colas, it's just a fact.  

And yes I fully believe he Colas be in AAA right now making a push for a callup this season but the Sox slow played it so he will be up next season and ready to bring real swag to the Southside 

Again the question presented isn't whether Juan Soto's otherworldly left handed savagery is superior to Oscar Colas burgeoning left handed savagery, it obviously is and its not even close.

But that's a red herring. The real issue is if you had a cheap team that is also run so poorly that no matter who is on the club the odds are very high that they still wouldn't win a title, would u still trade 6.5 years of Colas for 1.5 years of Soto?

To me, the answer is no. 

And I don't think it's being overly negative to say there is no way these clowns (the org) will win a title, no matter who they add at the deadline. 

I dont have to remind you that our owner and his handpicked douchebag manager, in their endless wisdom, promptly turned an electric blue Lamborghini into a 1988 Toyota Tercel and then to add insult to injury jerked off onto the windshield and then proceeded to drive the car into a lake.

But adding Soto would win us a title though, right?

Edited by SoCalChiSox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We’re going to have some fun arms to follow next year at the two A ball clubs between Kelley, Vera, Mena, Schultz, Pallette, Cannon, & McDougal.  Dalquist should be there too if ugly starts are your cup of tea.

How about Thompson? I haven’t really followed him this year. Is he closer to the “fun arms” group or the “Dalquists”?

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Again the question presented isn't whether Juan Soto's otherworldly left handed savagery is superior to Oscar Colas burgeoning left handed savagery, it obviously is and its not even close.

But that's a red herring. The real issue is if you had a cheap team that is also run so poorly that no matter who is on the club the odds are very high that they still wouldn't win a title, would u still trade 6.5 years of Colas for 1.5 years of Soto?

To me, the answer is no. 

And I don't think it's being overly negative to say there is no way these clowns (the org) will win a title, no matter who they add at the deadline. 

I dont have to remind you that our owner and his handpicked douchebag manager, in their endless wisdom, promptly turned an electric blue Lamborghini into a 1988 Toyota Tercel and then to add insult to injury jerked off onto the windshield and then proceeded to drive the car into a lake.

2.5 years of Soto 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

How about Thompson? I haven’t really followed him this year. Is he closer to the “fun arms” group or the “Dalquists”?

Definitely fun arms for me. He at least has the Davis Martin thing where he’s had some incredible games. That he can miss bats is enough to hope he suddenly leaps in either secondaries or command

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:
7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

To me, the answer is no. 

2.5 years of Soto

This .  2.5 years of Soto before the crazy contract.  That could even be the length of time it take Colas to get going as well.  You just never really know how guys take to the bigs.  He'll in 2.5 years maybe there is a new owner, almost guaranteed a new manager 

• bmags unpinned this topic