Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Just now, GreenSox said:

I don't think so; thus I'd be satisfied offering the packages I suggested and getting laughed at.
We'll just have to disagree on Reynolds.

Considering Yankees have tried to get him for a year and still haven’t landed him, I have a feeling the price is way higher than you imagine.

Maybe worth it's own thread IDK. Bowden piece.

Chicago White Sox (48-48, .500) — The White Sox are having discussions with teams about many of the available premium players, from Soto to Castillo, and they’re also interested in free-agent outfielder Michael Conforto. They are 4 games back in the division and all-in on trying to return to the playoffs. They are also targeting bullpen help and upgrades at second base and in right field.

https://theathletic.com/3448509/2022/07/26/mlb-trade-deadline-teams-targets/?source=user_shared_article

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Considering Yankees have tried to get him for a year and still haven’t landed him, I have a feeling the price is way higher than you imagine.

It's the price I would be willing to pay.  
Our top 2 prospects (or any in the top 5) is a heavy price. I realize our top 5 is not like the Dodgers top 5, but they are our top 5.  To overcome that, until it is fixed, we have to do a better job in free agency than $38 mill for Garcia, Kelly, Harrison and Pollock.   Hahn playing scorched earth again is likely to yield the same results it did the last time he tried it.

• Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It feels like people hate any trade proposal where the Sox are giving up a top ~8 prospect in the system. Teams aren't going to trade away above average regulars with 1+ years of team control remaining for nothing.

Wendle and Okert from the Marlins makes so much sense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

Bowden’s latest article says Sox have had talks with Nats and Reds about Soto and Castillo, and they’re also interested in Conforto.

I still like the give up nothing for Conforto angle. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I would trade Norge Vera as the headliner for Happ if that's possible. He's in A ball and probably finishes the year with like 50 innings as a 22-year-old. Happ is awesome 

Yeah, I'd much rather give up Vera than Montgomery or Colas.  

18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

What’s Katy Perry’s Booty Hole have to say about it… Wet Butt 23 chime in yet?

From what I've heard, they fact check everything through Peggy Kaczynski's son first these days so it will take a little extra time.

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would you accept that package if you’re the Pirates GM?

That's hard to answer.  If there are teams out there that view him as "one of the best players in baseball," then obviously not. 
But I look at things differently than most on this board do (obviously).  I look at our top 5 prospects as as valuable to us as the Dodgers top 5 are to them.  I realize that ours  aren't as valuable to other teams as the Dodgers' would be, but they are as valuable to us.   
It's like 1K to someone with a net worth of 10K may be as valuable as 100K to someone with a net worth of 1 Million.  Now to an outside party they aren't as valuable.
So while to another team 3 of our top 5 may be worthy of Reynolds, whereas 3 of the Dodgers top 5 may be worthy of Soto, from our standpoint, we're paying the same price for Reynolds as the Dodgers are paying for Soto.
Thus I prefer free agents and rents (especially if we're willing to honestly extend if we end up liking the player) until we get this farm system all squared away.  

Edited by GreenSox

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't know if it makes a whole lot of sense for them to trade Skubal. His peripherals are excellent despite his recent struggles and he still has 4 more years of control after this year. Do the Tigers not think they can compete in the next 4 years? I know this year has been a setback, but I don't think they need to start from scratch again. 

I am hoping they listen to all things Eloy, because I just don't see him being a good fit anymore. I have to believe we will resign Abreu (whether its the right thing to do or not), and then we have Vaughn. Grandal will probably mostly DH next year. Eloy, Burger, Sheets need to go. Unfortunately Eloy's worth has cratered I am assuming. What do I know.