Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

From the AL Central trade piece.

Fegan: I haven’t found a single scout who thinks the White Sox have the farm system to get beyond the rental market, and that includes some defenders of a prospect group that was regarded as the worst in baseball in spring training. It’s a big accomplishment that the Sox have developed a legit top-50 prospect out of a late first rounder like Montgomery, and that Colás could have top-100 buzz by the end of the year at this current rate. But they also don’t have the impact prospects of that Castillo haul in the organization, let alone enough to cover multiple needs.

The rental market could do plenty for them, as they specifically need a lefty reliever and a lefty platoon bat in the here and now, and even pulling that off could make them less vulnerable in specific matchups. But Rick Hahn was openly lamenting the supply (which correlates to price) of the starter market, and they ultimately could live without adding José Quintana as a depth option if there’s a desperate run on him. It looks like they straight up won’t be able to afford Frankie Montas at this current rate, since they weren’t able to line up on something this spring when their need was more acute.

Put me down for the Sox landing a reliever (maybe a second-straight bold play for another impact right-handed setup man) and a left-handed corner bat, but nothing that significantly lifts the burden off the team’s core. That should probably be encouraging for the Twins and Guardians, who have been watching said core underperform for four months.

https://theathletic.com/3462875/2022/07/30/twins-guardians-white-sox-trade-deadline/

Edited by DirtySox

12 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

More reason why Rick Hahn should be on the hot seat. We are halfway through our contention window and we have no playoff success and a terrible farm. By now, most recently successful rebuilds produced an LCS or World Series by this time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

More reason why Rick Hahn should be on the hot seat. We are halfway through our contention window and we have no playoff success and a terrible farm. By now, most recently successful rebuilds produced an LCS or World Series by this time. 

Apparently, Bruce Levine was hinting at major changes coming this winter. It seems like they're about to pull the plug on this core. 

I think TLR steps down, but Hahn and KW remain. 

Players with value and no control will get traded. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Apparently, Bruce Levine was hinting at major changes coming this winter. It seems like they're about to pull the plug on this core. 

I am not buying into Bruce Levine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not buying into Bruce Levine.

When it comes to the White Sox, the people that have the best sources are Bob Nightengale and Bruce Levine. They're shitty everywhere else, but they're accurate about the Sox. 

If Bob or Bruce says it, It's probably true. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

When it comes to the White Sox, the people that have the best sources are Bob Nightengale and Bruce Levine. They're shitty everywhere else, but they're accurate about the Sox. 

Neither is reliable.

And if KW and Hahn remain, then "major changes" aren't happening. Trades sure but it will be to compete in 23, not start a 5-7 year rebuild

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just wish they would fire la russa/ hitting coach now just to see what effects would come out of it in the second half... that is really valuable information we are leaving on the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Neither is reliable.

And if KW and Hahn remain, then "major changes" aren't happening. Trades sure but it will be to compete in 23, not start a 5-7 year rebuild

Even if they hire a new manager and GM, they’re aren’t rebuilding. There is way too much talent. They will hopefully overhaul the roster and find a way to keep key players healthier, but this team isn’t getting ripped to the studs. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Bob or Bruce says it, It's probably true. 

Bruce Levine is full of shit. If he wasn't, everyone else would have run with this too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bruce Levine is full of shit. If he wasn't, everyone else would have run with this too.

He's usually full of shit.  I used to laugh every time they called him the baseball insider.  He's a schmuck.

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

He's usually full of shit.  I used to laugh every time they called him the baseball insider.  He's a schmuck.

28 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Soto to the Dodgers for Lux and 4 prospects. 

Sounds like Shane Riordan's burner account.

#BoycottScore