Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

19 hours ago, DirtySox said:

This is basically all true. Wendle and Nat Moore are realistic LH platoon bat and LHRP pitcher options. You go much deeper than that for rentals you're looking at Quintana, Gallo Martin Perez. Teams always grab LH hitters and with Happ having the extra year he'll be too expensive. Martin Perez is likely to be expensive also but at least he's a rental> He also doesn't have a track record of success.

Really good article from fangraphs about his career and why the difference for this year. Basically a lot of data and technology went a long way to unlocking him.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-second-act-in-texas-has-made-martin-perez-a-first-time-all-star/

He wants to stay in Tx. and the Rangers want to keep him and won't move him unless it's for a difference maker. He likes it in Tx and has also mentored the young pitching staff.

I don't know who the Rangers would consider a difference maker or at what level they prefer the difference maker to be at but Vera, Lenyn Sosa, Cespedes or Popeye Rodriquez may not qualify.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

43 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is basically all true. Wendle and Nat Moore are realistic LH platoon bat and LHRP pitcher options. You go much deeper than that for rentals you're looking at Quintana, Gallo Martin Perez. Teams always grab LH hitters and with Happ having the extra year he'll be too expensive. Martin Perez is likely to be expensive also but at least he's a rental> He also doesn't have a track record of success.

Really good article from fangraphs about his career and why the difference for this year. Basically a lot of data and technology went a long way to unlocking him.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-second-act-in-texas-has-made-martin-perez-a-first-time-all-star/

He wants to stay in Tx. and the Rangers want to keep him and won't move him unless it's for a difference maker. He likes it in Tx and has also mentored the young pitching staff.

I don't know who the Rangers would consider a difference maker or at what level they prefer the difference maker to be at but Vera, Lenyn Sosa, Cespedes or Popeye Rodriquez may not qualify.

Don’t think the White Sox would trade Vera for Perez.

Only the Perez position player equivalent, which is probably closer to the intermediate value between Happ and Josh Bell.

Weren't there rumors earlier of a Sox Marlins Chisholm trade because the marlins didnt like his attitude or off field stuff?

Based on the value chart, it would be almost identical if we got him for Vaughn, Ramos and Burger. 

I know he's out another 5 weeks but he could be ready for September and it's more of a long term thing. 

I dont want to trade Vaughn but Harold and others keep bringing him up in trade possibilities in the last year or so and a LH 2B with power and defense under long term cost control is harder to find than a very good RH 1B. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Weren't there rumors earlier of a Sox Marlins Chisholm trade because the marlins didnt like his attitude or off field stuff?

Based on the value chart, it would be almost identical if we got him for Vaughn, Ramos and Burger. 

I know he's out another 5 weeks but he could be ready for September and it's more of a long term thing. 

I dont want to trade Vaughn but Harold and others keep bringing him up in trade possibilities in the last year or so and a LH 2B with power and defense under long term cost control is harder to find than a very good RH 1B. 

It's probably a good idea to try and trade either Eloy or Vaughn for Jazz this off-season. It helps us with our logjam of 1B/DH types and gives us a left handed bat we desperately need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's probably a good idea to try and trade either Eloy or Vaughn for Jazz this off-season. It helps us with our logjam of 1B/DH types and gives us a left handed bat we desperately need. 

I think if you added him at 2B and with Colas likely to come up early next year in RF, you've added alot of LH savagery to the lineup.

And with Montgomery progressing, you give Moncada reason to up his game at 3B because there would be someone pushing him relatively soon (2024). 

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

great, the product on the field sucks, the coaching sucks, and now our prospects cant even net us a legitimate upgrade anywhere, lmao

Don’t forget we also have a maxed out budget. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think if you added him at 2B and with Colas likely to come up early next year in RF, you've added alot of LH savagery to the lineup.

And with Montgomery progressing, you give Moncada reason to up his game at 3B because there would be someone pushing him relatively soon (2024). 

The White Sox will do TA the courtesy of giving Montgomery time at other positions in 2nd half 2023 unless 1) they’re not planning on keeping TA after 2023, or 2) they want Montgomery to quietly succeed Anderson in 2024 but not ready to trade Anderson quite yet, or 3) they feel Montgomery will outgrow SS eventually.

Moncada is not one to feel any pressure until his option years and not guaranteed ones come into question.

Even then, maybe he’ll be ready for a trade instead, fresh start like Kelenic probably needs as well.

This feels like that dead zone period for Sox prospects when we were pretty consistently a bottom 5-10 system under Williams (due to so many trades to fill mlb roster holes) and the #6-10 guys in the system got lot more hype and attention than was actually warranted.

I remember a Latin American catcher being on the BA Top Ten for 2-3 years even, never made it to the big leagues.

50 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Unfortunately it would probably need to be Vaughn for health and contract reasons - which is why I’d prefer to keep him over Eloy if I had to choose between the two. 

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

And only one big contract coming off the books (Abreu isn’t going anywhere)

The fact that it looks like they're just not able to make a deal is actually a good thing. 

Hahn can't stupidly trade the little value left on the farm. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The White Sox will do TA the courtesy of giving Montgomery time at other positions in 2nd half 2023 unless 1) they’re not planning on keeping TA after 2023, or 2) they want Montgomery to quietly succeed Anderson in 2024 but not ready to trade Anderson quite yet, or 3) they feel Montgomery will outgrow SS eventually.

Moncada is not one to feel any pressure until his option years and not guaranteed ones come into question.

Even then, maybe he’ll be ready for a trade instead, fresh start like Kelenic probably needs as well.

I thought he would have been a sell candidate for Seattle.