Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

41 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Bullpen acquisition incoming?

Stoney is losing it.  All innings count the same.  All games count the same.  If anything, you'd prefer your runs early in the game and your wins early in the regular season.  

There is a better way to say he believes the need is bullpen help and that they still have a chance.  

Edited by GREEDY
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Another big slugger for RF is the SH Anthony Santander who crushes RHP , 158 wRC+. He doesn't fit the Orioles style because he's a hack in RF though he does have a nice arm. He does lead the Orioles in just about every offensive category but they have a guy waiting in the wings to take over RF. Santander isn't a FA til 2025 . I've been mentioning him for about a year.

If you are going to run Gavin Sheets out there every day, Santander is a big upgrade. Orioles probably would ask a lot because of the fine year he is having but ultimately they probably want to dump him because of his defense. Only 1.3 fWar despite some good offensive numbers.

He does play the OF though nearly every day. (11 games as DH) so right now he is still worth more to other teams as an OF than he will be to the Orioles as a future DH.

Another thing to keep in mind with the Orioles that could lead to them trading Santander is that they drafted LH OF’ers 2 years in a row in the top 5 (Kowser and Kjerstad). Their #7 prospect Kyle Stowers is also a LH hitting corner OF’er who is 24 and has a .900 ops in AAA. He’s gotten a taste of the majors already and it would probably make sense to see what he can do. Long story short…it makes sense for the Orioles to cash in on Santander now since he mostly likely won’t be starting for them when they could potentially have a window of contention in 2-3 years (if everything goes well)

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Another thing to keep in mind with the Orioles that could lead to them trading Santander is that they drafted LH OF’ers 2 years in a row in the top 5 (Kowser and Kjerstad). Their #7 prospect Kyle Stowers is also a LH hitting corner OF’er who is 24 and has a .900 ops in AAA. He’s gotten a taste of the majors already and it would probably make sense to see what he can do. Long story short…it makes sense for the Orioles to cash in on Santander now since he mostly likely won’t be starting for them when they could potentially have a window of contention in 2-3 years (if everything goes well)

I did mention Stowers in another post on Santander and they do also have a nice group of on the horizon Of'er as you mentioned.

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I just don't think this team should be prioritizing Montas, or SP in general.  A good left handed OF and RP is a far, far, far bigger need than a 6th above average SP. 

I agree with you. I honestly don’t see the need for a SP. RP and OF are far bigger needs.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I agree with you. I honestly don’t see the need for a SP. RP and OF are far bigger needs.

Yeah, I mean I'd be cool with Quintana type if he's cheap just so we can skip/control Kopech's innings a bit down the stretch.  He's currently on pace for ~140 IP in the regular season, which is probably a little high.

But yeah, not a huge priority IMO.  

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Please no Gallo today.  Please no Gallo today 

I just don't get this huge opposition to Gallo by some.  He's a far better option in RF against RHP than Gavin Sheets, and that is the bar to clear.  And he shouldn't cost much to acquire.  What's the harm?  Cutting into Pollock's playing time against RHP in which he's produced an 65 wRC+ this season?  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I did mention Stowers in another post on Santander and they do also have a nice group of on the horizon Of'er as you mentioned.

I wonder what it would actually take? 2 years of cheap control for an above average player seems like it would cost a decent amount, but also nothing crazy. Don’t think Montgomery, Colas, or Vera would need to be discussed…wonder if they would have interest in Burger + a decent prospect like Kelley?

I'm glad that many are opening up to the idea of Gallo, but if it's true that the Padres, Brewers, Rangers, etc. are also in on him, I don't see why the Sox would come out on top. Especially considering that while the FO might like him, TLR probably does not

25 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Hasn’t bothered Cueto at all this season

I agree with you from the general standpoint that he's been great this season, but maybe he could have even been better. He's still given up some unearned runs, which forces him to throw more pitches. Plus, there's the bad defense that doesn't show up as errors in the box score, like one of our 1B/DHs playing the outfield and not being able to get to a routine fly ball. But enough raining on the Cueto parade. He's been awesome.

16 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I wonder what it would actually take? 2 years of cheap control for an above average player seems like it would cost a decent amount, but also nothing crazy. Don’t think Montgomery, Colas, or Vera would need to be discussed…wonder if they would have interest in Burger + a decent prospect like Kelley?

I think Vera will always be in the discussion and Mena too. The Sox just don't have any pitching to offer other then those 2 and Davis Martin on the prospect horizon plus they just drafted a lot of pitchers. When the farm is barren and you still want to make trades all but Colas and Monty should be discussed.