Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Don't we have a few connected people here? Haven't heard anything from any of them.

Every trade article out there just has the White Sox connected to 6th and 7th inning relievers of the world…but no big names other than Happ.

And Montas looks set to sail elsewhere, but at least not the Twins for now.

Just now, SoxFanForever said:

I wonder what the odds are that we do absolutely nothing at the deadline.

We've been disappointed before.

Also kind of off topic but kind of on topic: why was the deadline pushed to tomorrow? I figured they would prefer to do it today when not every team is playing.

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Also kind of off topic but kind of on topic: why was the deadline pushed to tomorrow? I figured they would prefer to do it today when not every team is playing.

Probably because they started the season late due to the lockout. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Probably because they started the season late due to the lockout. 

I know they have moved it back a day in the past to not conflict with guys getting traded in the middle of the game (example: would be pushed to today instead of yesterday like normal) but is that really the reason for the one extra day?

Read that wrong. You said "probably." Thanks for a response.

I was able to find out that as part of the MLBPA, Manfred has the power to set it any day between July 28th-Aug 2nd. There is one afternoon game tomorrow apparently. 

https://dodgerblue.com/why-is-the-2022-mlb-trade-deadline-august-2/2022/07/31/

Edited by Bob Sacamano

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Wanted to give the Sox an opportunity to show off Robert for a trade, lol?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2534492-how-moving-mlb-trade-deadline-could-shake-up-the-league

1) To give teams longer to decide in or out with 12 playoff teams instead of ten.

2) Later start to the season, so they sort of prorated it on the calendar.

29 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I would add Mieses to that list, but as has already been pointed out, there's so much filler on the Sox 40 man, I don't think this should be their primary concern.  Off the top of my head, Abreu, Cueto, Velasquez, Engel, and Harrison are all free agents at the end of the year.  Aybar, Crick, Foster, Severino, Sousa, Stiever, McGuire, Romy Gonzalez, and Haseley are all cuttable.  That's 12 guys.  Our farm system isn't good enough to need to protect 12 guys.

It’s definitely not the primary concern, but it’s another consideration that makes certain players more attractive to move.  My point was more around those guys being players Hahn would be willing to move for an impactful piece.  I don’t think he’d trade Montgomery or Colas unless it was for a star that could help 2+ seasons.

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

$36 million

You’re way under.

$14 million Hendriks
$9 million Kelly
$8 million Graveman
$3.75 million Bummer

Thats $34.75 million.

Foster and Ruiz are then Arb-1. That’s $36+ million before adding Chafin. $41.25 million if they add Chafin without any of the arb people.

Edit: Forgot Lopez who is Arb-3. Add a million onto his deal and it is just under $4 million. Adding Chafin, dropping Foster and Ruiz makes that a $46 million pen. Keeping Ruiz and Foster puts it just under $50 million.

53 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I would add Mieses to that list, but as has already been pointed out, there's so much filler on the Sox 40 man, I don't think this should be their primary concern.  Off the top of my head, Abreu, Cueto, Velasquez, Engel, and Harrison are all free agents at the end of the year.  Aybar, Crick, Foster, Severino, Sousa, Stiever, McGuire, Romy Gonzalez, and Haseley are all cuttable.  That's 12 guys.  Our farm system isn't good enough to need to protect 12 guys.

Engel isn't an impending FA fwiw. 

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Hahn is too busy flipping through rosters trying to find any left over remaining TLR players….no deals imminent because it’s hard to find many of those left

Why do I feel like they’re going to trade for Wong.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Wong has an option next year for $10 million. Or a $2 million buyout. 

Honestly, I don't know if he's that big of an upgrade over Harrison. 

Wong has an .846 OPS vs RHP. Definitely an upgrade. If Harrison stays hot, he can always play some OF if they end up not getting Gallo or Joc.

My hunch is the WS and Cubs will put something together.  Interesting players on the Cubs include Contreras, Happ, Givens, Robertson, and in my dreams Hendricks.  The WS have Sheets, Burger, Crochet, Lambert, Martin, Ruiz, and McGuire as nice pieces for a rebuilding club.  

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Wong has an .846 OPS vs RHP. Definitely an upgrade. If Harrison stays hot, he can always play some OF if they end up not getting Gallo or Joc.

I didn't get a chance to look at his splits, but wow, he's basically unplayable vs. lefties. Not that that's an issue on the Sox or anything.