Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I didn't get a chance to look at his splits, but wow, he's basically unplayable vs. lefties. Not that that's an issue on the Sox or anything. 

Yeah the best fit for a guy with splits like his is the Sox. Don't care what he hits vs LHP. Plenty of guys have that covered.

• Like 1

Milwaukee has a logjam on the infield right now. Jace Peterson, Keston Hiura, and Luis Urias can all play 2B. Peterson is on the IL right now, but it seems like Milwaukee wants to save some money if they're trying to trade both Wong and Narvaez. 

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

My hunch is the WS and Cubs will put something together.  Interesting players on the Cubs include Contreras, Happ, Givens, Robertson, and in my dreams Hendricks.  The WS have Sheets, Burger, Crochet, Lambert, Martin, Ruiz, and McGuire as nice pieces for a rebuilding club.  

What in the world is dreamy about a 33 YO SP with an ERA and FIP just below 5 since the start of 2021?  Not sure why the Sox would want Hendricks. 

Outside of Crochet, what you listed off for the Sox is pretty close to worthless and probably isn't getting you anything from the Cubs you listed outside of perhaps Givens and Robertson. 

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What in the world is dreamy about a 33 YO SP with an ERA and FIP just below 5 since the start of 2021?  Not sure why the Sox would want Hendricks. 

Outside of Crochet, what you listed off for the Sox is pretty close to worthless and probably isn't getting you anything from the Cubs you listed outside of perhaps Givens and Robertson. 

Hendricks also has a bad shoulder and could be done for the year 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hendricks also has a bad shoulder and could be done for the year 

The sticky ban hit him and Keuchel especially hard. Both similar types of pitchers. They may have not used the sticky stuff for spin, but rather better location. If guys with sub 90 sinkers can no longer hit their spot, they get absolutely destroyed. 

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Cano is washed up.

Possible, but if Tony remembers him, and Tony likes him. Tony will want him and Tony may get him.

Quite frankly, I'm just grateful the Cardinals are in contention to prevent the Sox from landing Pujols, Molina and Wainwright for every prospect.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

When are the Sox going to make a move? Next year? Lol cmon Ffs.

I think with the top 2 SPs off the board we're gonna see more movement in the pitching market. Rodon is the next big piece if he's actually going to get traded. Mahle, Quintana, Perez, and Syndergaard are in the next tier. 

Just now, chw42 said:

I think with the top 2 SPs off the board we're gonna see more movement in the pitching market. Rodon is the next big piece if he's actually going to get traded. Mahle, Quintana, Perez, and Syndergaard are in the next tier. 

People on here are going to freak out if/when Twins make a huge move

Just now, fathom said:

I think they're going to get Mahle. They already have a trading relationship with the Reds from the Gray deal earlier this year. Reds probably have a good idea of their system from their previous scouting. 

Just now, fathom said:

I hope they do, I still don't think they are all that good and I would love to see them hurt their future.

I believe the White Sox could make no moves at all and still end up winning this division.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Settle down. We really went hard after Ohtani but unfortunately he was unavailable. 

Jerry: "Rick, I know you worked really hard on trying to get Ohtani to Chicago. I want you to take a few days off and relax."

Rick: "But Jerry, we still have a day before the deadline to make the Sox better."

Jerry: "That's what I'm trying to do, too."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I frankly am hoping they do.  I'd love to see the Twins blow a good chunk of their prospect capital chasing this season.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I think they're going to get Mahle. They already have a trading relationship with the Reds from the Gray deal earlier this year. Reds probably have a good idea of their system from their previous scouting. 

Probably an outfielder and late inning reliever also

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I frankly am hoping they do.  I'd love to see the Twins blow a good chunk of their prospect capital chasing this season.  

It'd be pretty funny if they ended up trading Austin Martin or Simeon Woods Richardson for a starter. It'd be like not trading Jose Berrios, but with extra steps. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah, Mahle feels about right. Could also see them going bigger and getting Rodon instead.

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

When I think impactful, I think of your guy in Pitt (and I know prob not enough). I fear buying high on Happ, who had 2 walks and 1 homer in July and whose numbers have started to recede to his usual average self.

It's one month out of a season. There is always variance . He and Willson Contreras also crushed it in June. Contreras was really bad in July compared to Happ. If you worry about month to month variance in stats you'd never make trades.