Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

But had no problem eating what’s left of Diekman’s deal along with sending cash. 

Exactly. I don't know if they are taking on a massive long-term deal right now, but I can see them taking on money in the short-term, like this trade. We'll see.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The money has been spent.

"My team is on the floor."

- Rick Hahn

Is he wrong? This team, at least on paper, should be better. They weren't urgent in the off-season and that is a letdown, but they also have enough talent to be better than their performance.

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

This guy clearly has ties to Jerry and implies they don’t have a lot of money to take on in a trade 

https://mobile.twitter.com/EloyVsWall/status/1554247947319222273

He doesn’t just have ties to Jerry. He’s on record saying he owns a small share of the club. He has a real World Series ring. He defends the budgetary restrictions like his life depends on it. Jerry should sell the team if he has trouble with cash 

5 minutes ago, spiderman said:

Is he wrong? This team, at least on paper, should be better. They weren't urgent in the off-season and that is a letdown, but they also have enough talent to be better than their performance.

Yes he is. They haven't had a RF or 2B during this "multi-championship" window, and I'd argue they need a starting catcher as well now that Grandal is down (thanks for the five good months for $73M).

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

He doesn’t just have ties to Jerry. He’s on record saying he owns a small share of the club. He has a real World Series ring. He defends the budgetary restrictions like his life depends on it. Jerry should sell the team if he has trouble with cash 

He’s been accurate though, so I take it he’s being honest.  More troublesome was he said the Sox don’t know what’s wrong with Robert, but it’s not vertigo.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Jerry doesn't have "trouble with cash", he just chooses not to spend any more of it.

With the way Hahn spent $197M, would you give the idiot a penny more?

With the way this team has played for four months, and with the current health of several key players, would you be chasing good money after bad?