Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

14 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

JR is not going to like that kind of language coming from his GM.  Maybe that will be what gets Hahn fired.

11 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

See Hahn is sleeping at his desk waiting for this deadline to be over. Lol

Pretty clearly a fake quote there

3 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

what a depressing day to be a Sox fan

It's depressing that it came to this so quickly without any postseason success. But Hahn not clearing out his better prospects for relievers who will have 6.00 ERAs or hitters who will have sub .600 OPS isn't a bad thing. Of course, if they are going to keep KW and RH and TLR on, it really doesn't matter.

Edited by Dick Allen

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Sounds exactly like the Sox. 

Except the relative positions have reversed from last year.  And you can’t even compare the enthusiasm from the two fanbases.

That’s the difference replacing two managers and finding a steadier calming hand in Melvin.

Where would the White Sox be with Luis Robert out for 4 1/2 months?

Exactly like the Sox? Did you miss the part about ZERO World Series titles for the Padres? Absolutely nothing to envy about the Padres franchise and their history (or lack thereof).

Four hours to go…will be very interesting to see what Hahn does.  I’m expecting another reliever (perhaps Givens) at a minimum, but unsure beyond that.  IMO, adding a LH bat who can play RF or 2B is a must, but Hahn has ignored these positions and the need for better balance for years.  Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point and I could see a surprise trade a la Kimbrel or Hahn more or less stand pat.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Four hours to go…will be very interesting to see what Hahn does.  I’m expecting another reliever (perhaps Givens) at a minimum, but unsure beyond that.  IMO, adding a LH bat who can play RF or 2B is a must, but Hahn has ignored these positions and the need for better balance for years.  Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point and I could see a surprise trade a la Kimbrel or Hahn more or less stand pat.

Whether it is now or in the offseason, they need to do something about the offense. And they need some left handed hitters. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Whether it is now or in the offseason, they need to do something about the offense. And they need some left handed hitters. 

Is it just needing left handed hitters?

This offense will continue to suck until......

1. Grandal can be the OBP and Power guy

2. Moncada can hit at or above .250

3. Luis can figure out how to stay healthy

4. Eloy can play a whole year

5. Pollock can start hitting home runs again and be at his career average

6. Menichino is fired

When a few of these things start to happen at the same time consistently then the offense will be better.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think there will definitely be some sort of shakeup with the positional group this off-season and adding a LH power bat somewhere will be critical.  I’m excited as anyone for Montgomery & Colas, but we shouldn’t be relying on those guys for at least a few years.  Hahn will need to do something for 2023.

10 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Exactly like the Sox? Did you miss the part about ZERO World Series titles for the Padres? Absolutely nothing to envy about the Padres franchise and their history (or lack thereof).

You can't possibly believe this. The history? Well yeah, of course. The franchise in general? Come the f on.