Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Honestly - it was last year at the deadline where the Sox truly lost me - I was vocal than and than continued this off-season with there absolute pathetic use of resources.  This just seems to be the bottoming out and the reality that there will be an entirely new regime starting in the off-season.  The amount of money and resources this team has put on mediocre and depth guys vs. focusing on top talent is just mind blowing (and that is all on Rick - I can give him a pass for the TLR fiasco but he is not innocent).  

you could see signs well before..

the machado debacle, the trade deadline during the pandemic season

5 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Sox should offer to pay a portion of Grandal's salary, Sheets and Eloy to the Cubs for Contreras and Happ

Maybe if Contreras signed an extension with the White Sox. Imagine how stupid everyone would look if the Cubs resigned him in the offseason.

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

you could see signs well before..

the machado debacle, the trade deadline during the pandemic season

Not getting a pitcher for that deadline was puzzling as hell. They went out and got a guy who could pinch run in the playoffs but didn't bother getting a useable third starter. It really made no sense. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Contreras is a FA, right?  Or one more year?  Happ is through 2023 for sure.

That sounds like a trade that would cost half the farm again.

Yes, he's a free agent

Cubs are holding out for a deadline blockbuster deal, and should get a haul, but I hope the Sox don't bite and give up prospects for either.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Not getting a pitcher for that deadline was puzzling as hell. They went out and got a guy who could pinch run in the playoffs but didn't bother getting a useable third starter. It really made no sense. 

Ricky wanted another starting pitcher but Hahn said no

• Thanks 1

I remember when it was Hahn’s first trade deadline as GM… and I thought:

”Good for him, he’s showing the league that he isn’t afraid to hold his cards if other GM’s don’t meet his price. That’s a good way to earn some respect for years to come.”

Well it has quickly become apparent that in reality that he just plane sucks.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Twins gave up their 7th, 18th, and 23rd prospects for Mahle. 

That doesn't seem bad at all. 

All of those numbers are old.  Steer and Encarnaion Strand both top 5 prospects in that system.  

Strand is basically their version of Sosa for the Sox.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

they then went and traded for lance lynn in the next offseason... a half season too late