Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It stings a bit but I’m fine standing pat. A cheap reliever and a lefty RF on the cheap would have been nice, but I’m guessing no one worth acquiring was available for what Hahn was willing to give. I’m fine with it. Let them all sleep in their own shit, or watch this team wake the fuck up and rally in this winnable division. I’ll hope for the latter until it’s not possible. 

Agreed with this too. And I’m hoping for a turnaround even though I doubt it will happen.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't know how they looked at the corner outfield spots and thought "this is fine". 

Not even doing the minimum and getting a rental there is a huge failure. 

I could agree with that. A rental makes sense but unless it is an investment in someone like Ian Happ, I don’t think anyone other than a rental made sense.

10 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Agree on the WS part. Even if they dealt for Soto, it would've cost too much on the major league roster as well. 

With that stated, it's not about "they weren't going to do this". The list is shorter of things they were willing to do. It's about what they should've done. IMO, it's continued evidence that Hahn has a lack of a part 2 to his plan. Yes, he loaded on prospects. Then, he didn't know what to do afterwards. Missing out on Machado and Harper. Using cash assets on the Machado fan club, Joe Kelly, Yasmany Grandal, Lance Lynn. Never finding a replacement or realistic role for Leury Garcia. Playing more than 1 guy out of position, nightly. Lack of left handed pop. Lack of ability to address holes in the offseason. Everyone here knew the holes going into the offseason. Here's how much effort he made: 0. 

He's acquired a group of oft-injured, consistently under-performing players. He's wasted the twilight of Jose Abreu.

They should've traded Cueto, Abreu, Moncada, Grandal, Hendriks, Lynn. 

Agreed wholeheartedly with the bolded and agreed mostly with the talent he has acquired. I just don’t think there was a market where they could get anything of value for the players you have mentioned given their salaries…except for maybe Cueto. And they weren’t going to trade Abreu.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

No. There’s definitely other deadlines we thought they would make moves and didn’t.

Exactly. It’s nothing new and years like last year’s trade deadline was an anomaly.

Edited by The Beast

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Probably the only choice. Shouldn’t give up anything for our future for this year and you know jr isn’t gonna allow any selling either.

Once again what’s the end game here?  Like what future does this team have?  The next wave of semi ok prospects we have isn’t going to mesh with this current core anyways.   It’s just all a mess.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

except for maybe Cueto. And they weren’t going to trade Abreu.

If you aren't trading Cueto, don't you try and get an actual corner OF?  Even from the "free for the hauling" bargain bin?  

You are starting Vaughn, Pollock and Sheets tonight.  That is possibly the worst defensive outfield of my lifetime.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Lololol these idiots really did nothing except getting Beakman yesterday?

How do they still have jobs?

"Because the best thing you can do is be in 2nd place to give the fans hope while also ensuring you're not spending top money. Keeps the fans in the ballpark and spending on parking and concessions."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Once again what’s the end game here?  Like what future does this team have?  The next wave of semi ok prospects we have isn’t going to mesh with this current core anyways.   It’s just all a mess.

Well at least you still have pieces... don’t give those up for this year which is going no where

Just now, nitetrain8601 said:

"Because the best thing you can do is be in 2nd place to give the fans hope while also ensuring you're not spending top money. Keeps the fans in the ballpark and spending on parking and concessions."

And said fans will make their disapproval known with their wallets.

2 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Yeah I believe Samson when he said that. Everything that has been done over the last 20 years points to it. 

Actually, the fact that they caught fire and won the whole damn thing one year just reinforced it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

And said fans will make their disapproval known with their wallets.

Some will. Most won't. Sox are in perfect position for...

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah I believe Samson when he said that. Everything that has been done over the last 20 years points to it. 

This. As Jack has stated, based upon the moves made historically with this team, it appears this is true. Sox have proven they are a 2nd place team and they'll win games to get you believing in them again, then lose games they should win with their eyes closed (like last night with TLR's eyes closed in the 1st inning).

Edited by nitetrain8601

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jed Hoyer completely taking a dump as well. 

Hoyer was worse than Hahn today. That guy has no idea what he's doing. Let's his players go around saying goodbye too. lol

No way he did worse. He did slightly better. Bad that he let everyone say goodbye. But he can still get compensation for those guys. Sox aren't getting anyone for Cueto, Abreu, Hendriks next season.

No way he did worse. He did slightly better. Bad that he let everyone say goodbye. But he can still get compensation for those guys. Sox aren't getting anyone for Cueto, Abreu, Hendriks next season.

wont be what he could have got at the deadline.

The Cubs get like a 2nd or 3rd round PICK for those guys?

There's no one alive who wasn't willing to give up a prospect better than a 2nd/3rd round pick. If they actually let them walk, it's even worse. The ONLY way it could be OK is if they decide to extend both. Letting them walk for a draft pick would be insane.

As opposed to what the Sox will get - hint: nothing

The Sox, however sad it may be, are in the middle of a window and gave nothing up - they'll lose nothing. It's bad, absolutely, but it's standing pat and rolling with your guys down the stretch of a division race.

The Cubs are in a full out rebuild, and have managed to get next to nothing for their two best players who are not going to be around. They'll be flat out lost. That's absolute insanity.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Cubs get like a 2nd or 3rd round PICK for those guys?

There's no one alive who wasn't willing to give up a prospect better than a 2nd/3rd round pick. If they actually let them walk, it's even worse. The ONLY way it could be OK is if they decide to extend both. Letting them walk for a draft pick would be insane.

As I said earlier, it makes it easier for them to sign Bogaerts, Rodon or Turner this offseason.