Jump to content

Trade Rumors Catch-all


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Well it’s two less homers than Yoan has all season and one more than Grandal :)

Still two less than Judge since the ASB for those three combined (just Brown v. Sox)...

 

 

Sox are surely in there with plans for Correa, Judge and Trea Turner.

Not that Correa has exactly earned his $35 million or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

5 extra base hits in like 230 PA's for Grandal is one of the most inexplicable stats I've ever seen in my life

He needs to go back on the IL if he still can't drive the ball with any real authority. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

 

This is kind of interesting. Who do we know that is potentially available that may have played with Hendriks in the past?

Couple guys I think could be possibilities:

- Ramon Laureano

- Jake Diekman

- Lou Trivino

- Aaron Loup

Isn’t Laureano Haesely? Why the need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Record through tonight 9-6 3.00 ERA

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He needs to go back on the IL if he still can't drive the ball with any real authority. 

It's very depressing that Seby is much more dangerous at bat than Grandal right now.  Grandal is very streaky so I'm hoping but it sure doesn't look like his power stroke is coming back this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

5 extra base hits in like 230 PA's for Grandal is one of the most inexplicable stats I've ever seen in my life

He had leg issues before the season started than back issues. Going to decrease the power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Record through tonight 9-6 3.00 ERA

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

 

But... i was told his arm was going to fall off? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

But... i was told his arm was going to fall off? 

@ptatc didn’t you tell us in April to check back with you in August to see if Rodon was still going strong? Thoughts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Record through tonight 9-6 3.00 ERA

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

 

And Gausman, the other candidate for first in fWAR…just a bit more expensive.  Were the Sox ever connected to him, even like, once?

Edited by caulfield12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty pathetic Rangers, Orioles, Guardians, Twins, Rays and Mariners all part of trade rumors but Sox just have their proverbial seat the table but soon to be cast aside to the kiddie version.  Or relegated, if you prefer futbol terminology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty pathetic Rangers, Orioles, Guardians, Twins, Rays and Mariners all part of trade rumors but Sox just have their proverbial seat the table but soon to be cast aside to the kiddie version.  Or relegated, if you prefer futbol terminology.

After no moves are made Rick Hahn will have a presser soon stating that he didn’t want to mortgage the future and jeapordize the competitive window to be short sighted in trying to win now or some bs like that. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Carlos Rodon is available. His second half collapse has been greatly exaggerated.

7 IP 2 H 0 BB 10 K

Record through tonight 9-6 3.00 ERA

3.7 fWAR before tonight's Fangraph update, likely 1st or 2nd in pitcher fWAR across The MLB. 

 

Who needs Rodon when you have Cy Cueto instead :)

  • Hawk 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Who needs Rodon when you have Cy Cueto instead :)

Johnny has pitched well and was a great pickup, but will likely regress as his ERA is above his expected Fielding Independent Pitchiing.

Carlos Rodon fWAR 4.2 (#1 across The MLB) ERA 3.00 xFIP 3.06

Expected ERA Regression:

  • Johnny Cueto fWAR 0.8 ERA 2.86 xFIP 4.33
  • Dylan Cease fWAR 3.3 ERA 2.01 xFIP 3.02
  • Michael Kopech fWAR 0.9 ERA 3.16 xFIP 4.96
  • Jimmy Lambert fWAR 0.1 ERA 2.13 xFIP 4.99

Expected ERA Improvement:

  • Lucas Giolito fWAR 0.7 ERA 5.14 xFIP 3.75
  • Lance Lynn fWAR 0.2 ERA 6.42 xFIP 3.66
  • Joe Kelly fWAR 0.2 ERA 5.91 xFIP 3.18
  • Josh Harrison fWAR (0.1) ERA 9.00 xFIP 6.59 :)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Johnny has pitched well and was a great pickup, but will likely regress as his ERA is above his expected Fielding Independent Pitchiing.

Carlos Rodon fWAR 4.2 (#1 across The MLB) ERA 3.00 xFIP 3.06

Expected ERA Regression:

  • Johnny Cueto fWAR 0.8 ERA 2.86 xFIP 4.33
  • Dylan Cease fWAR 3.3 ERA 2.01 xFIP 3.02
  • Michael Kopech fWAR 0.9 ERA 3.16 xFIP 4.96
  • Jimmy Lambert fWAR 0.1 ERA 2.13 xFIP 4.99

Expected ERA Improvement:

  • Lucas Giolito fWAR 0.7 ERA 5.14 xFIP 3.75
  • Lance Lynn fWAR 0.2 ERA 6.42 xFIP 3.66
  • Joe Kelly fWAR 0.2 ERA 5.91 xFIP 3.18
  • Josh Harrison fWAR (0.1) ERA 9.00 xFIP 6.59 :)

I'm not a fan of xFIP. I find the justification for adjusting from FIP to be questionable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm not a fan of xFIP. I find the justification for adjusting from FIP to be questionable.

When Shark was on the Sox his xFIP was much lower than his ERA, but the biggest fielding problem when he pitched was himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I'm not a fan of xFIP. I find the justification for adjusting from FIP to be questionable.

We have two months to see how it plays out. I'd wager Cueto, Cease and Kopech will finish with higher ERAs, and Giolito, Lynn and Kelly will finish with lower ERAs (vs. 7/31 for both).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One guy I have overlooked the whole time because he's RH is Brandon Drury. He's 6-2, 230, 29 (almost 30) was never much of a player, showed some signs last year with the Mets, but exploded this year with the Reds. 2.7 fWar playing mostly 3rd base and 2nd base and 1inning in RF. He's got 20 HR's and he'll be a FA next year.

Sox do need power desperately and he may have the most of who is available beside Juan Soto. He also has positive defensive numbers at 3rd. Hard to tell at 2nd base , doesn't look terrible but he is a big man .

Basically his whole 8 year career resulted in negative fWar on offense and defense. Something clicked this year. He's walking more, K'ing less , .249 ISO, 133 wRC+

He's more of a lefty killer than a RH killer which is why I've ignored him. But you can't ignore the pop in his bat. 181wRC+ vs LHP , 115 vs RHP.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...