Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Chicago White Sox

51 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hahn may grow a pair this deadline and that might not be so good. They just got a bunch of young arms in the draft so that could mean that the ones we already have are headed out. Not that are any really good ones anywhere near the majors except Davis Martin. Lambert has been surprisingly effective in the pen.

Colas and Montgomery are probably safe. But anyone else in the minors is fair game from the 40 who have spent any time on the 26, Burger, Sheets, Zavala, McGuire, Romy Gonzalez, Sosa, Haseley. Others include any position player in the minors if anyone wants them. Might be some interest in Cespedes, Popeye Rodriquez, Cristian Mena, Jared Kelley, Luis Mieses.

I'd say the most amount of money they take on is between $10-15M for the rest of this year. Whatever players that can fit that price structure. If they can squeeze 3 moves in that they will but more likely 2.

Hahn grew a pair last deadline and we ended up with Kimbrel.

25 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Absolutely not! Moore is 33 and Peres is 31 and both will be UFA's next season That is too much to give up for two rentals.

You apparently don't want to trade anyone unless you think the Sox clearly win the trade even though the idea is to help the Sox win the division and win in the playoffs. The Sox still have shot at being a very good second half team but changes must be made and minor leaguers and Burger aren't going to help with that. Changes are coming and if you expect the team to be better next year good luck with that too.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

There would certainly be a lot of interest in those guys, especially in return for the freak-year rents, middle relievers and utility players Hahn is likely to target. And all because he took a nap in December and wasted $36 million on a group of players who aren't even average.
The Sox don't have near enough minor league pitching to fuel the majors over the next few year.

At least the Cubs had their pretty consistent youngish offensive core…whereas pitching development and drafting killed them. Which is how it’s looking for the Sox unless we get a miracle with Vera.

For the Northsiders, that second generation of prospects never turned out.  Soler, Happ, Almora and Bote, to name a few.

Finally, the Heyward, Chatwood, Darvish and Kimbrel deals.  Basically, they faded away over 2-3 seasons rather than completely imploding at once.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hahn grew a pair last deadline and we ended up with Kimbrel.

Growing a pair is not paying a 90 yr old relief pitcher $16M, maybe it is to Hahn idk.. As always the Sox need young talent and LHH talent and better roster construction. Growing a pair would mean getting rid of our many DH's and trying to get a very good LHH hitter who can also miraculously field his position.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Growing a pair is not paying a 90 yr old relief pitcher $16M, maybe it is to Hahn idk.. As always the Sox need young talent and LHH talent and better roster construction. Growing a pair would mean getting rid of our many DH's and trying to get a very good LHH hitter who can also miraculously field his position.

Hahn's definition of growing a pair is to find the best reliever available and overpay. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd flip Pollock for Gallo.  Sort of solves two problems.  Gallo probably sucks, but so does Pollock.  

I would bet on a Gallo resurgence for Pollock.  The Yankees might be willing to do the same to save some prospect capital.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would bet on a Gallo resurgence for Pollock.  The Yankees might be willing to do the same to save some prospect capital.

Improves OF defense and lineup balance. Solves Sox Pollock option issues/concerns for 2023. 2022 $ mostly a wash. I think it makes some sense for both sides with NY just done with Gallo and getting someone they can plug right into the OF. 

• Like 1

I think people are right on it being Naquin/the other guy. 

But we are definitely getting a reliever, so I'd say Matt Moore.

He was on my "trash signings 2021 for sox to make" list, and he was terrible last year. But I was onto something clearly. 

40 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The problem is Pollock will cost $10 million next year with a player option. Who wants that?

It actually will probably be more than $11-13M with the escalators.  If Sox need to kick in a few million, so be it. 

Yankees seem pretty desperate to dump Gallo, and if there is a team that wouldn't care about paying Pollock $10-13M to be a part time player next year, its the Yanks.  But yeah, its a real impediment for a deal. 

That said, still not sold AJ won't take his $5M buyout and seek out an opportunity he prefers as opposed to being pigeonholed onto the Sox or another team if he gets moved.  Its not beyond the realm of possibility he could secure a 1 year deal around $5-7M if he has a decent couple months, and then he comes out even dollars wise. 

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hahn may grow a pair this deadline and that might not be so good. They just got a bunch of young arms in the draft so that could mean that the ones we already have are headed out. Not that are any really good ones anywhere near the majors except Davis Martin. Lambert has been surprisingly effective in the pen.

Colas and Montgomery are probably safe. But anyone else in the minors is fair game from the 40 who have spent any time on the 26, Burger, Sheets, Zavala, McGuire, Romy Gonzalez, Sosa, Haseley. Others include any position player in the minors if anyone wants them. Might be some interest in Cespedes, Popeye Rodriquez, Cristian Mena, Jared Kelley, Luis Mieses.

I'd say the most amount of money they take on is between $10-15M for the rest of this year. Whatever players that can fit that price structure. If they can squeeze 3 moves in that they will but more likely 2.

I find it interesting that the other day during the game Stone was talking about how Lambert was auditioning for all the other clubs...the same kind of language he was using about Burger when we thought he was on the trading block earlier.  But I cannot see Lambert having that much value on his own so perhaps that would be him being a piece of a bigger trade?

32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because they probably dgaf about the extra year. 

The Yankees want to trade Gallo because he is an under performing OFer so the will trade Gallo for Pollock who is an under performiong OFer AND has a player option for $10 million next year.

This is not happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, T R U said:

The Yankees want to trade Gallo because he is an under performing OFer so the will trade Gallo for Pollock who is an under performiong OFer AND has a player option for $10 million next year.

This is not happening.

Plus, they can’t trade Gallo until they have a replacement starting RFer. They don’t operate like the White Sox.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You apparently don't want to trade anyone unless you think the Sox clearly win the trade even though the idea is to help the Sox win the division and win in the playoffs. The Sox still have shot at being a very good second half team but changes must be made and minor leaguers and Burger aren't going to help with that. Changes are coming and if you expect the team to be better next year good luck with that too.

Or if you think this team is going nowhere and not worth helping. 

2 minutes ago, beautox said:

Sox pull off a large under the radar move:

Crochet, Ramos and Sosa to the D-backs for Marte and Mantiply.

I’m starting to get a little worried about us making a Soto trade. We know KW must have a major hard on right now…

We know Rizzo has a good working relationship with our FO…

Kopech / Eloy / Crochet / Montgomery / Sosa

I could stomach that but not much more.

Not a prediction, but would love to try and pull off a three way trade with the Pirates and Brewers.  Basically Vaughn to the Brewers for Chourio + another top prospect and then those two guys shipped to the Pirates along with a third Sox prospect for Reynolds.  

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Reynolds, RF#
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Robert, CF
  7. Grandal, C#
  8. Pollock, LF
  9. Harrison, 2B

That’s a legit lineup with much better OF defense.