Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Chicago White Sox

23 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Strikes out 35%+ of the time; don't need those vibes around the team.
Pollock's picking it up a little anyway (at least for the last few games)

The Sox are tied for the 5th lowest strikeout rate in baseball and what good has it done them? Gallo's still in his prime and has an extensive track record of good production. He also at least plays good defense.

Just in general, I think buying low on players that are still in their prime years, who have a track record of being good, is a sound strategy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox are tied for the 5th lowest strikeout rate in baseball and what good has it done them? Gallo's still in his prime and has an extensive track record of good production. He also at least plays good defense.

Just in general, I think buying low on players that are still in their prime years, who have a track record of being good, is a sound strategy.

The thought of Gallo coming to the Sox is gross. As if this team isn't unlikable enough as they have been. He will somehow find a way to get even worse if he comes here, as most Hahn traded for players do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I’m pro buying low on Gallo just so we never have to watch Sheets in RF ever again.  Gallo can’t be any worse at the plate.  If the cost is minimal, do it.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m pro buying low on Gallo just so we never have to watch Sheets in RF ever again.  Gallo can’t be any worse at the plate.  If the cost is minimal, do it.  

Gallo for cash considerations. Seriously, the guy looks more like a DFA candidate than trade candidate.

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I do think there's something to him being so bad in NY because of the big national stage.  I'm not saying he'd do a 180 if he came here, but I wouldn't be surprised if his hitting improved.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Gallo for cash considerations. Seriously, the guy looks more like a DFA candidate than trade candidate.

I can’t say I’ve followed him at all, just that he’s totally flopped in NY.  I don’t expect him to rebound if he were here, I simply don’t ever want to see Gavin Sheets play for the White Sox again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I do think there's something to him being so bad in NY because of the big national stage.  I'm not saying he'd do a 180 if he came here, but I wouldn't be surprised if his hitting improved.

And based on an earlier post, there are pretty big road/home splits going on this season as well.

• Like 1

I would be happy with almost any decent starter(s) or reliever(s) at this point, so yes to Quintana and maybe trade for Colome or another  closer type in case Hendrick has any problems and set-up guys like Kelly and Bummer continue to have arm issues. .

I wish the Sox had promoted Colas and demoted Sheets after the ASB so that we could have seen if Colas could handle pitching and defense at the major league level.  Probably not, but Sheets is not up to it right now so why not give the next guy up a chance?

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Naquin and Matt Moore will be the acquisitions.

I think I also put this but starting to feel like naquin isn’t positionless or old enough for Hahns liking so I’ll go with Nelson Cruz.

Best board content would be Hahn trading for Kimbrel again.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Can you still trade your international pool $?  Hahn and Jerry love that move.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Can you still trade your international pool $?  Hahn and Jerry love that move.

That was a management philosophy that I never understood.  Never knew which of our execs thought that way.

• Like 1

Updated predictions based on GOAT insider Portillo’s latest rumors.  Please note that all these trades work on BBTV and I even added a ~20% premium to reflect the trade deadline effect on prices, so I think we can all agree these are 100% fair and will certainly be accepted by opposing GMs.

• LHP Garrett Crochet, 3B Bryan Ramos, & RHP Matthew Thompson to CIN for RHP Tyler Mahle
  • 3B/DH Jake Burger, IF Yogurt Sánchez, & LHP Brooks Gosswein for 2B Joey Wendle & LHP Tanner Scott
  • RHP Tyler Johnson to NYY for RF Joey Gallo 
  • RHP Andrew Dalquist to CHC for RHP Mychal Givens

We’d be giving up two major league assets in Crochet & Burger while also giving up our #2, #10, #16, & #19 prospects per BA’s mid-season rankings.  That being said, we keep all the savages and most of our higher ceiling prospects.  Perhaps it’s too big of a cost, but look at how much stronger this roster potentially is.

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Vaughn, DH
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Gallo, RF*
  6. Jimenez, LF
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Grandal, C#
  9. Wendle, 2B*
  • IF: Harrison
  • OF: Pollock
  • OF: Engel
  • UT: Garcia#
  • BC: McGuire* / Zavala
  1. Cease
  2. Mahle
  3. Lynn
  4. Giolito
  5. Cueto
  6. Kopech
  • 9th: Hendriks
  • 8th: Bunmer*
  • 8th: Graveman
  • 7th: Scott*
  • 7th: Lopez
  • 6th: Givens
  • 6th: Kelly
  • 5th: Lambert
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Tanner Scott walks way to many hitters. I don't see how he would help the pen. He has about a 1.5 WHIP, over the last 2 years because of all of the walks. In fact, the only year in which his WHIP was lower was in the shortened 2020 season.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

Tired of seeing the reports/quotes that the Sox don't have many holes to fill when everyone is healthy.  First, this team hasn't been healthy all season.  Second, there are several areas that we consider holes because they should be upgraded.  I'm getting nervous, though, that the Sox aren't going to do much or even anything for one reason or another.  Whether they believe in the team they have, or they lowball any offers for guys who could actually improve this team.

I imagine we'll start seeing some action today, and tonight into tomorrow could be interesting.  Let's hope they Sox are active and end up with something more than a seat at the table.

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Updated predictions based on GOAT insider Portillo’s latest rumors.  Please note that all these trades work on BBTV and I even added a ~20% premium to reflect the trade deadline effect on prices, so I think we can all agree these are 100% fair and will certainly be accepted by opposing GMs.

• LHP Garrett Crochet, 3B Bryan Ramos, & RHP Matthew Thompson to CIN for RHP Tyler Mahle
  • 3B/DH Jake Burger, IF Yogurt Sánchez, & LHP Brooks Gosswein for 2B Joey Wendle & LHP Tanner Scott
  • RHP Tyler Johnson to NYY for RF Joey Gallo 
  • RHP Andrew Dalquist to CHC for RHP Mychal Givens

We’d be giving up two major league assets in Crochet & Burger while also giving up our #2, #10, #16, & #19 prospects per BA’s mid-season rankings.  That being said, we keep all the savages and most of our higher ceiling prospects.  Perhaps it’s too big of a cost, but look at how much stronger this roster potentially is.

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Vaughn, DH
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Gallo, RF*
  6. Jimenez, LF
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Grandal, C#
  9. Wendle, 2B*
  • IF: Harrison
  • OF: Pollock
  • OF: Engel
  • UT: Garcia#
  • BC: McGuire* / Zavala
  1. Cease
  2. Mahle
  3. Lynn
  4. Giolito
  5. Cueto
  6. Kopech
  • 9th: Hendriks
  • 8th: Bunmer*
  • 8th: Graveman
  • 7th: Scott*
  • 7th: Lopez
  • 6th: Givens
  • 6th: Kelly
  • 5th: Lambert

Not sure there are two tanners allowed in an org.

• Haha 1

Fegan has hinted at the SP market being too expensive for our liking, so I’m starting to think it’s going to be some LH bat plus a couple relievers.  Maybe that’s all that’s needed to win the Central, but it’s a shame that we can’t compete for any impact talent without completely gutting the system and/or pulling up the major league roster.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fegan has hinted at the SP market being too expensive for our liking, so I’m starting to think it’s going to be some LH bat plus a couple relievers.  Maybe that’s all that’s needed to win the Central, but it’s a shame that we can’t compete for any impact talent without completely gutting the system and/or pulling up the major league roster.

Another indictment of Hahn’s utter failure building the roster.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m ok with them not gutting the system if we are simply talking rentals. If they are gonna pull off a trade like that I’d rather it be in the off-season when they aren’t trying to win the division and it’s easier to supplement your moves through FA.

• Like 1