This is the Dumbest Team in Baseball

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We've managed to run into a triple play on a fly ball and get picked off third base on a walk. Two things I've never seen before in my 20+ years watching baseball. 

70 years for me and the triple play will always blow my mind in my remaining years. I'm not sure on the pick off with a walk, might have seen that before.

One thing for sure is the intensity of this team is missing most of the time, they make stupid mistakes and sometimes are just plain lazy, this has to be on TLR and if the Sox bring him back next year it will go down has the biggest blunder of JR's ownership which has seen so many.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We've managed to run into a triple play on a fly ball and get picked off third base on a walk. Two things I've never seen before in my 20+ years watching baseball. 

Throw the intentional walk after throwing a 1st pitch strike into that.

49 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I’m pretty sure being in the park for the triple play fried my brain. I haven’t been the same since.

• Haha 3
  • Hawk 1

34 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

they need to strongly consider retooling at the trade deadline. Theres a 0 chance that we beat NYY or HOU in a playoff series. 

They’re stuck in between. Not good enough to contend, not quite bad enough to retool. Combine that with a stubborn front office and a trash division and here we are, just sort of existing.

• TLR 2

31 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Wasn't the Hall of Fame manager brought in to clean all of these mistakes up? 🙂

I would say 90% + of objective White Sox fans would say this team has regressed, beyond individual player performances, from the rising 2019-2020 teams to the past two seasons.

Would really love to read a tell all "Ball Four" book covering the 2022 clubhouse. 

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox should already realize Leury is a sunk cost and DFA him, but he's going to keep burning a roster spot and killing the team for the next 2 & 1/2 years anyway

He's always healthy and that is actually saying something with this team. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I've seen the pick off a couple of times in high school and college games. When I was catching it was something my coach taught us to watch for. A lot of times the runner will turnaround and stroll back to the base. 

• Like 1