White Sox among 'most agressive' teams in pitching market

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Castillo, Montas, Quintana, and Robertson come on down - you all are now on the Chicago White Sox. 😆

I'm still pretty upset that a White Sox reunion team (keep Rodon in this scenario) - which would have jived with fans and fit the office MO - would have been better than what we got.

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

I feel like the most likely outcome is Quintana. He won't cost the Sox a Colas/Montgomery/Vera.

You have a near mid 80s owner who has his bestie who is near 80 running the team.  They are not building for tomorrow.  They will burn it all down to give them a lottery ticket into the dance.  They could be dead by the time these kids are up. Coals/Montgomery/Vera are all fair game to go IMHO.  Hahn is not in charge of this dance.  The GM is the old man in the dugout right now.  Whatever he says we need is what we are getting.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Nope! They are dumb af all around. 

So you would sell when 3 GB when literally in the midst of a contention window and the point of playing the game is going to the playoffs?

Had the Sox fallen to 7-8 GB right now, I think selling has some merit.  Selling when 3 GB of two teams that are not good doesn't make a single shred of sense. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I'm very fearful now.

Do not part with a single LH savage or Vera. 

No way in hell.

I don't give a damn about Vera they just drafted a shit ton of pitchers. Keep Colas and Monty sure and pitching is fine. I prefer Martin Perez since he's got the Astro's number and is a rental but maybe they want multiple years. But io also still want Happ and Wendle the lineup needs LHH badly. Getting more pitching isn't going to help this team score more runs or hit more HR's

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

You have a near mid 80s owner who has his bestie who is near 80 running the team.  They are not building for tomorrow.  They will burn it all down to give them a lottery ticket into the dance.  They could be dead by the time these kids are up. Coals/Montgomery/Vera are all fair game to go IMHO.  Hahn is not in charge of this dance.  The GM is the old man in the dugout right now.  Whatever he says we need is what we are getting.  

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect much other than a pen arm or two.  Acquiring better players would push some of his beloveds out of the lineup.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

So you would sell when 3 GB when literally in the midst of a contention window and the point of playing the game is going to the playoffs?

Had the Sox fallen to 7-8 GB right now, I think selling has some merit.  Selling when 3 GB of two teams that are not good doesn't make a single shred of sense. 

This “team” right now is not currently a “contending” team no matter how you spin in, any of these losers coming out of the central will get their asses handed to them in the playoffs. Adding pitching to this horse shit team will not magically fix the offensive issues, defensive issues, managerial issues, fundamental issues, and lack of effort. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect much other than a pen arm or two.  Acquiring better players would push some of his beloveds out of the lineup.  

A top flight pitcher will cost something big and I am sure he wants that.