White Sox among 'most agressive' teams in pitching market

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's why I said they might not get a SP particular anyone with multiple years because they won't manage to do that without giving up Montgomery Colas or both of them. Q is the only starter who may not cost those guys. Syndergaard might need innings management too so maybe him. Martin Perez loves Tx and Tx would be fools not to move him since he can return to them next year if he really likes it there, but they want an impact player too, because he's been spectacular, almost as good as Cease.

What do you think a Quintana takes from this system?

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Conforto does nothing to help the team this season

Perhaps, but he does a lot to help it next season and it’s possible he’ll be ready in September. I also have absolutely zero interest in discussing Conforto further with you. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I really don't understand why they didn't go get Peralta or Naquin if those are the hitters they're looking to acquire. Offense is a bigger problem than starting pitching at this point. It won't matter how good your starters are if you struggle to put up 3 runs almost every game. 

Peralta strictly LF and if the Sox are going to play Pollock , Eloy or Vaughn it should be in LF, Naquin is a not a good defender. Better than Sheets in RF and better offensively and on the bases. K's more than SHeets , walks less. He wouldve been OK but marginally.

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Peralta strictly LF and if the Sox are going to play Pollock , Eloy or Vaughn it should be in LF, Naquin is a not a good defender. Better than Sheets in RF and better offensively and on the bases. K's more than SHeets , walks less. He wouldve been OK but marginally.

The Sox clearly don’t value OF defense in the least. If you’re looking at it from the perspective of who you think the Sox will acquire and not who YOU prefer, you can throw defense out the window 

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't really care if a guy has a good arm for RF anymore. We just need someone who can play RF that's actually a decent OFer. Cause the alternative right now is seeing Sheets play extra deep first base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The Sox clearly don’t value OF defense in the least. If you’re looking at it from the perspective of who you think the Sox will acquire and not who YOU prefer, you can throw defense out the window 

Unfortunately LHH who can play D in RF and hit are in very short supply. Even Naquin, Peralta and Benintendi (Naquin being the only RF) went off the board quickly just because they are LH OF . Happ is a LF too.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't really care if a guy has a good arm for RF anymore. We just need someone who can play RF that's actually a decent OFer. Cause the alternative right now is seeing Sheets play extra deep first base. 

Well you saw how much Haseley was used and AZ isn't trading their young LH Ofers. DOn't have the bullets for them any way. Hahn tried unsuccessfully thinking Pollock could play RF in the whole Kimbrel mess. It's so sad they couldn't find a team with even a AAA LH good D type OF talent for RF for Kimbrel . But they let one walk with Luis Gonzalez. Maybe data and analytics did something with him the Sox couldnt.  That's what happened to Martin Perez when he went back to Tx. What a fucking mess this off season was.

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What do you think a Quintana takes from this system?

Probably too much. Too much competition for pretty much any SP who's been decent this year. Pittsburgh hasnt let him face teams the 3rd time through the order and it's worked well. Thats why i figured he could be paired up with Kopech . Ideally you want the opposite handed guys pitching when you do that. Maybe Sosa plus another guy . I'm not good at figuring out who wants what. Have to be too much of an expert on too many things and there's no way to know what Pittsburgh is thinking.

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

I remember a bunch of us on here pounded the table to sign Brantley before Houston did. But of course Hahn can’t be forward looking or creative.

I know I wanted him, even during the rebuild because I figured he was one guy who they could get a quality minor leaguer for .They didn't do enough signing guys who they could trade for more minor league talent during the rebuild . That's one of the reason why the minors are a mess ,among many. Instead they did what they usally do spent around the margins with ALonso, John Jay a bunch of scrap heap guys instead of one decent free agent every year signing they could trade later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know I wanted him, even during the rebuild because I figured he was one guy who they could get a quality minor leaguer for .They didn't do enough signing guys who they could trade for more minor league talent during the rebuild . That's one of the reason why the minors are a mess ,among many. Instead they did what they usally do spent around the margins with ALonso, John Jay a bunch of scrap heap guys instead of one decent free agent every year signing they could trade later.

And Brantley's lack of power isn't as conspicuous this season with the ball not carrying for most of the league other than Judge.  Definition of a professional hitter with competitive at bats and veteran leadership.

Unfortunately, out of their comfortable budget.

They got scared off because of the Melky Cabrera flop.  But Brantley has always been a better, more consistent player.

Edited by caulfield12

By Wednesday the following will happen:

1.) We will be one game out of first place.

2.) We will have acquired a starting pitcher.

3.) We will have acquired two relief pitchers.

4.) We will have acquired a left handed hitting right fielder.

5.) Everyone on Soxtalk will completely lose their collective minds as our prospects are all gone.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Unfortunately LHH who can play D in RF and hit are in very short supply. Even Naquin, Peralta and Benintendi (Naquin being the only RF) went off the board quickly just because they are LH OF . Happ is a LF too.

There's 1 player rumored to be available that hits left handed, has a higher career wRC+ than every name you listed, and has an extensive track record of playing plus defense in RF. Did I also mention that this player is only 28, so he's in the prime of his career?

joeygallo.png

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

There's 1 player rumored to be available that hits left handed, has a higher career wRC+ than every name you listed, and has an extensive track record of playing plus defense in RF. Did I also mention that this player is only 28, so he's in the prime of his career?

joeygallo.png

Watch Hahn massively over pay for Gallo only for TLR to still run Sheets out there 

27 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

joeygallo.png

Did you also change your Twitter name to @Gallo2CWS?