Konerko: Actually Sox fans are good

bmags

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-chicago-white-sox-paul-konerko-20220729-6jwdqxlpv5drxh3lgnavikqmdi-story.html

Can’t remember the last time a Sox employee or even former was not chastising sox fans, so I enjoyed hearing from Konerko. 03 Konerko was the OG underperforming star, and then by the time he came back from getting hit in the head in a division on the line game vs the twins to launch a huge home run (which we then lost), we were already wrapped around his finger.

🫡

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I remember the '03 and '08 stretches he was talking about when he got booed, and I remember thinking especially in '08 that it was harsh, but also at the same time it was like ehhhhh he kinda sucks right now and he knows it more than anyone, he gets why he's getting booed

6 hours ago, lostfan said:

I remember the '03 and '08 stretches he was talking about when he got booed, and I remember thinking especially in '08 that it was harsh, but also at the same time it was like ehhhhh he kinda sucks right now and he knows it more than anyone, he gets why he's getting booed

Konerko is right. Sox fans are good. I do think booing is a dumb activity for a fan though.

After what he did in 05, it takes a really ungrateful fan IMO to boo the same guy in 08 who gave so many people so much joy in 05. My gosh I can't imagine how much beer you'd have to drink in the park to boo a man who provided so much joy in 05. Yet I guess it happened. Sad.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kgrittenburg said:

Actually Sox fans are good  yeah, actually good and stupid

What brought that on? Stupid cause they buy tickets? I might agree with that, but Sox fans are oh very smart, not stupid.