07/30 - A's @ White Sox, 6:15 PM CT

Quin

Throwing for Chicago:

Johnny Cueto

4-4, 2.89 ERA, 58k

cueto.0.0.png

Throwing for Oakland:

Some guy I've never heard of named "Paul Blackburn."

6-6, 4.35 ERA, 82 strikeouts. Pretty much the definition of an average pitcher.

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

Trying to figure out why I've never heard of Paul, I looked him up. He's only pitched against the Sox twice and neither start was remarkable. After 6 seasons with Oakland, he's got a 2.1 fWAR at age 28 for a rebuilding team.

After 6 seasons with the White Sox, Leury Garcia had a 2.0 fWAR at age 28 for a rebuilding team.

He also represented Oakland in the All-Star game. Now, someone had to represent Oakland. But this guy got in and Cease didn't because the Sox weren't getting two players (Hendriks as a relief pitcher replacement notwithstanding) and the A's are so bad that their Leury Garcia is their All-Star.

And they beat the Sox 7-3 last night.

So anyway, the Sox can keep losing to the A's and break our hearts because of so many dumb mistakes.

Or they can follow this man to victory.

Johnny-Cueto-throws-eight-shutout-inning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

If we get swept by the A's which is a good possibility as they also swept the Astros then we have to blow up this this team of losers and quitters. I don't know if I can take watching this sorry cast of characters any longer. Build around Cease, Kopech, Robert  and Vaughn and I'd keep Jose to DH. There are no other untouchables. FUCK JR AND TLR.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolute must win today.  Gotta hope the offense can scrap together three runs somehow and give Cueto a shot to win.

Frankly gotta go 6-3 or better between today and next Sunday. Gets them off to a 7-5 start in this 19 game stretch. Can’t do worse than that. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Frankly gotta go 6-3 or better between today and next Sunday. Gets them off to a 7-5 start in this 19 game stretch. Can’t do worse than that. 

I’ll be honest, I expect them to win these next two.  This offense sucks, but I don’t think all the off days help and Tony isn’t exactly a spark getting them pumped up for a series against a last place A’s team.  I do think yesterday’s beat up will serve as a wake up call to some extent.  But yeah, winning 2/3 of against the Royals and splitting against the Rangers is a must.  That would get us to 6-3 and keep us in the thick of things for a while longer.

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll be honest, I expect them to win these next two.  This offense sucks, but I don’t think all the off days help and Tony isn’t exactly a spark getting them pumped up for a series against a last place A’s team.  I do think yesterday’s beat up will serve as a wake up call to some extent.  But yeah, winning 2/3 of against the Royals and splitting against the Rangers is a must.  That would get us to 6-3 and keep us in the thick of things for a while longer.

How quickly is the TA suspension going to come down? Another factor here. Dumbass is probably gonna get 3-5 games. Last thing this team needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

How quickly is the TA suspension going to come down? Another factor here. Dumbass is probably gonna get 3-5 games. Last thing this team needed.

Honestly, it was stupid, but it’s nice to see some emotion at times.  These guys look like they are just going through the motions most of the time.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The problem with Tim is he thinks he's above the game. He's not. 

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Unless they’re off for the weekend, it will come down today and it will likely be at least 5 games.

He will likely appeal whatever it is so he will likely play tonight.

10 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

The problem with Tim is he thinks he's above the game. He's not. 

I don’t even believe Tim thinks this, I think there’s just no one in charge in the dugout so there’s no one keeping Tim’s emotions and focus where it needs to be.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t even believe Tim thinks this, I think there’s just no one in charge in the dugout so there’s no one keeping Tim’s emotions and focus where it needs to be.

a team leader needs someone else to keep his emotions and focus in check? stop making excuses for that asshole

• Hawk 1

• Quin locked and unpinned this topic