07/30 - A's @ White Sox, 6:15 PM CT

Quin

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

All the money has been on Chicago this morning (up from -169 to -189).

Cueto will not pitch 9 innings, and Tony will be in the dugout deciding who replaces him.

Be afraid, very afraid.

Any chanceTLR gets suspended along TA?  That would be good.

• TLR 1

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here is what I want to see lineup wise today:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Vaughn, RF
  4. Abreu, 1B
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Grandal, C#
  7. Pollock, LF
  8. Big Energy, 2B
  9. Engel, CF

I would keep A J hitting 3 rd where he has been doing well.  Vaughn to hit 6 th.  Grandal hitting 7 th if at all, he has been horrible.

• Hawk 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Call me crazy, but I think Gavin might be a little better than Andrew, although both are terrible out there.

I was leaning to Gavin, but after that flop in RF last night when he was eating some grass before the ball arrived tilted me back to AV for now.

33 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree with Levine, I won't be surprised to see TA the first one traded. I've had enough of Moncada but who would want him and his contract.

I don’t think the Sox will trade TA.  They tried to make him the face of baseball in the South Side.  It would look bad for them to trade him.

3 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I guess I expect more accountability from a grown ass man, his antics last night were disgraceful 

I don’t anymore from a grown ass american man playing american sportsball for a living. It’s sad. The last 30 years have been filled with some of the most egocentric, narcissistic assholes to ever play all the major sports. It’s turning me off from the games I used to love to follow. 

I’ve been a huge TA fan for years but this year I’ve really been starting to get fed up with the mounting distractions and antics.

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

21 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I don’t think the Sox will trade TA.  They tried to make him the face of baseball in the South Side.  It would look bad for them to trade him.

They might want to re-think about him being the face of the franchise. He's no Harold Baines or Paul Konerko.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

Won't matter unless the GM and coaching staff are gone too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Levine I guess get never get enough of Leury.  Leury is the 2nd most talked about other than firing Tony on sport radio.

TA's trade value is down since touching an ump twice. The 3rd time will have more consequences. 

• Hawk 1

38 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I don’t anymore from a grown ass american man playing american sportsball for a living. It’s sad. The last 30 years have been filled with some of the most egocentric, narcissistic assholes to ever play all the major sports. It’s turning me off from the games I used to love to follow. 

I’ve been a huge TA fan for years but this year I’ve really been starting to get fed up with the mounting distractions and antics.

Welcome to the new generation of athletes.  A kid turned down $440M. 

19 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Welcome to the new generation of athletes.  A kid turned down $440M. 

Yeah, seeking to actually get paid what you're worth reeks of entitlement. 

Now let's not hijack the thread. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

If Tim Anderson goes to a team with a real coaching staff, he’d be an MVP candidate. He would flourish under someone like Ron Washington. 

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

So more Luerys, Big Energy, Jake Lamb types.

More players who can’t produce.

More players Tony like.

Hell, they will be lucky to break 70 wins.

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

If Tim Anderson goes to a team with a real coaching staff, he’d be an MVP candidate. He would flourish under someone like Ron Washington. 

I think Tim would do well in LA under Dave Roberts, a good fit if they are not going to sign Trea Turner.

Don’t see the Sox keeping him in the Division, but he would also flourish under Tito.

Sox have a lot of solid players who would do well under a different organization.

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Bruce talks out his ass more than anything.  He's not as much as in guy he thinks he is. The major changes need to be the staff. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

So more Luerys, Big Energy, Jake Lamb types.

More players who can’t produce.

More players Tony like.

Hell, they will be lucky to break 70 wins.

It would be priceless to see this team gutted now and then watch LaRussa have to suffer through even more hell all season.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

It would be priceless to see this team gutted now and then watch LaRussa have to suffer through even more hell all season.

Wow you think La Russa would suffer?  I think it is us and it's happening right now as we speak. 

• TLR 1

• Quin locked and unpinned this topic