07/30 - A's @ White Sox, 6:15 PM CT

Quin

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

Wow you think La Russa would suffer?  I think it is us and it's happening right now as we speak. 

We certainly would suffer but at least there would be the joy of watching LaRussa get fucked in the ass every night by each opponent that rolled into town.

• Hawk 1

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

So more Luerys, Big Energy, Jake Lamb types.

More players who can’t produce.

More players Tony like.

Hell, they will be lucky to break 70 wins.

But the constant rebuild team always trading for prospects with a 13K average attendance. Then Reinsdorf will tell he'll build a winner if everyone shows up.   We should me amazed at the attendance of this current shit show.

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It would be priceless to see this team gutted now and then watch LaRussa have to suffer through even more hell all season.

Tony is more concerned with unwritten rules, playing the game his way, playing and being with players he likes and remembers and show him respect.

Outside of catching Connie Mack, winning games is of little concern to Tony.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

We certainly would suffer but at least there would be the joy of watching LaRussa get fucked in the ass every night by each opponent that rolled into town.

I fail to see that.  That is already happening.

Just now, kitekrazy said:

I fail to see that.  That is already happening.

Imagine how much worse it would be without our best players who are still on the field.

Maybe you’re right - maybe they’d actually get better. 😆

Just now, hi8is said:

Imagine how much worse it would be without our best players who are still on the field.

Maybe you’re right - maybe they’d actually get better. 😆

They are making the other teams better.   They try to get an extra base on a hit, they know cutoffs are missed, no need to hurry a throw because of lack of hustle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

They are making the other teams better.   They try to get an extra base on a hit, they know cutoffs are missed, no need to hurry a throw because of lack of hustle

You can call it lack of hustle, the coaching staff prefers injury preventiveness maintenance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

Eloy or Vaughn will be gone IMO.  They will cite the Carlos Lee trade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I heard Bruce Levine this morning on the radio. He said there will be major changes  this off season with the players on the White Sox.  Some of the  major players on this team won't be here next year. He must know something the rest of us  don't. It will be a very curious off season.

Does anyone know which station and program was this on and whether it is available in a podcast?  It isn't an earthshaking statement in itself; one would hope that there would be some changes with play this bad over the past year (which would be 1-1/2 seasons by next off-season).  But I'd like to hear the comments around it.

12 minutes ago, soxtalker999 said:

Does anyone know which station and program was this on and whether it is available in a podcast?  It isn't an earthshaking statement in itself; one would hope that there would be some changes with play this bad over the past year (which would be 1-1/2 seasons by next off-season).  But I'd like to hear the comments around it.

Yes, ITC is available via podcast. 

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Of course the Sox would fire players before firing the manager or, hell, even the hitting coach!  This fucking org, man.  

• TLR 1

How does a Major League team end up with only 2 outfielders on the roster who can field the position?

You have two first baseman/DH playing the corner outfield spots tonight. What could possibly go wrong with that?

And some of you still wonder why this team is a game under .500 and won't make the playoffs. 

I wouldn't trust anyone in this organization to make any trades by the deadline. They all need to go.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

6 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

his antics last night were disgraceful 

Imagine an eyeroll gif the size of your screen and insert it here.

"Disgraceful".

OMGzZ, he argued with an ump who kept changing the strikezone and the bill of his batting helmet made contact with the bill of the ump's hat!  What an embarrassment to the organization!  Shows how far we're falling as a society!  He has no respect for the game!  

FOH.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Harold Baines was boring as hell…Tim Anderson is the right face for this franchise

I loved Harold, but there's no doubt that TA is more marketable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

His off-field behavior has certainly turned off some fans this Summer.

His Basta Pasta days are ovah.

He's still the face of the franchise.  Letting him go in free agency is one thing, trading him this off season is another.  There is noone any good to step in.  Montgomery is years away.

Edited by wegner
Xander not FA....my bad

28 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Imagine an eyeroll gif the size of your screen and insert it here.

"Disgraceful".

OMGzZ, he argued with an ump who kept changing the strikezone and the bill of his batting helmet made contact with the bill of the ump's hat!  What an embarrassment to the organization!  Shows how far we're falling as a society!  He has no respect for the game!  

FOH.

Yup. TA is “disgraceful”, yet all of these same posters idolize the players of the 70’s and 80’s  that were assaulting umps and doing god knows what while on the road. 

He didn’t need to bump the ump, won’t condone that, but I’m certainly not going to get upset that 1 of our players had an outburst of emotion. This team is a bunch of losers and walking around like zombies with seemingly 0 care. Someone needs to freak and cause a scene, if our manager did it he’d end up in the hospital

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

He's still the face of the franchise.  Letting him go in free agency is one thing, trading him this off season is another.  There is noone any good to step in.  Montgomery is years away.  Unless Bogarts is the play?

The Sox could get a good haul from the Dodgers (unless they resign Trea Turner).

I don't believe they give a shit about marketing to fans. If they did, they wouldn't have hired a Silent Generation manager, nor would they tolerate Steve Stone trolling fans for years, though I think he will finally be gone next year,

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox could get a good haul from the Dodgers (unless they resign Trea Turner).

I don't believe they give a shit about marketing to fans. If they did, they wouldn't have hired a Silent Generation manager, nor would they tolerate Steve Stone trolling fans for years, though I think he will finally be gone next year,

A marketable player makes Uncle Jerry money.

• Quin locked and unpinned this topic