07/30 - A's @ White Sox, 6:15 PM CT

Quin

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Their bullpen management in this game honestly gives off tanking vibes. I'm not saying they are, but the Sox benefited from a lot of questionable decisions.

The As manager is just as bad as our own ex A’s manager TLR.

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Refreshing to see a guy actually know how to get a bunt down. Lost art that played a huge role in winning the game.

If the third baseman stayed home Engle would not have advanced. The bunt was too soft. But yeah, something in fair territory is unexpected. 

27 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Is it just me or was the whole team not that excited for that walk off?

I would agree. On the other hand,  is celebrating a win against the worst team in the AL at home to get back to .500 after 2 absolute stinkers in a wildly disappointing season and another dull game at the plate really worth a dogpile? Win 5-6 and row and then start celebrating. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GreenSox said:

Good for Sheets. Can't be easy playing out of position.  I'm all for letting the young guy hit, especially with this state of the team.

Nice game for Gavin. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves; Gavin has been nothing short of awful this season. Sox gave him a huge opportunity and he objectively failed. He should be nothing more than minor league insurance. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Is it just me or was the whole team not that excited for that walk off?

Eh, a win off a wild pitch is kinda odd for setting off a celebration.  I mean who do you mob, the pinch runner?  Losing pitcher? Catcher?

52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nice game for Gavin. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves; Gavin has been nothing short of awful this season. Sox gave him a huge opportunity and he objectively failed. He should be nothing more than minor league insurance. 

True and once the Sox couldnt get a guy to play RF I was all for Gavin getting AB's and seeing if he could deliver but he hasn't.

I will say ,however, that when Gavin Sheets and Jake Burger lead the team in home HR's that signifies problems way beyond Sheets. It also underscores the failure of the front office to find LH OF power and defense .

• Thanks 1

• Quin locked and unpinned this topic