Reese McGuire (+ Taylor Broadway) to Red Sox for LHRP Jake Diekman

Buehrle>Wood

• bmags unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Heads22 changed the title to Reese McGuire (+ Taylor Broadway) to Red Sox for LHRP Jake Diekman
10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s payroll commitment to the bullpen next year?

It depends on whether there are arbitration offers given to Ruiz, Foster.

Guarantees for Hendriks, Graveman, Kelly, Bummer, Diekman are $38.25 million.

Lopez is arb-2 this season at $2.65 million. Arb 3 maybe $4 million? 

Ruiz, Foster might be $1 million each if kept? Crochet, Banks, Martin, Lambert - any of them would be $700k.

so maybe $43.5 million with Lambert and Ruiz out there?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s payroll commitment to the bullpen next year?

You're looking at the low to mid $40Ms with no new additions.

Liam $14.3M, Kelly $9M, Graveman $8M, Bummer $3.8M, Diekman $3.5M

Lopez (Arb 3), Foster (Arb 1), Crochet $0.7M, plus 40 Man Guys (Ruiz, Banks, Sousa, Bilous, Lambert, etc).

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Glad this was Hahn’s only deadline move.  Imagine how much more damage he could have done trying to save this sinking ship.

He is probably kicking himself for not trading Montgomery for a middle reliever....we could have won last night with that move, damn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Glad this was Hahn’s only deadline move.  Imagine how much more damage he could have done trying to save this sinking ship.

I said throwing assets at this season would be a waste and really wanted someone to be able to bump the post and mock me.  f***.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Yikes....expensive and bad is an awful thing to be and pretty rare by that chart.  Yep that should be Hahn's downfall but I highly doubt that it will be.  Bullpens are a crapshoot and they could be expensive and good just next season.  If you suck, you suck I can understand that, not like it but understand....but that crap Diekman pulled giving them a couple extra runs by not looking back at the runner at 2nd twice really is inexcusable.

Just dropping by to say Diekman blows.  When they panned to him warming in the bottom of the 10th, I knew the ball game was over.  

At that point, not sure who I'd have gone with instead.  But it would have been a better spot to use Jimmy rather than when they did (should have been Reylo). 

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just dropping by to say Diekman blows.  When they panned to him warming in the bottom of the 10th, I knew the ball game was over.  

At that point, not sure who I'd have gone with instead.  But it would have been a better spot to use Jimmy rather than when they did (should have been Reylo). 

Obviously they should have managed other things differently, but at least once you get to the 11th inning try playing matchups. The first 3 hitters that inning, Miller, Maile, and Straw, were all right handers. Miller's splits are reversed but the other 2 aren't. Put in Ruiz against those 3, yes I know the runner will score from 2nd at some point in there. Then, depending on how Ruiz is doing, you can bring in the lefty to face Kwan and to turn Ramirez around to the side where he's been weaker this year.

It's not perfect, no guarantees it won't turn into a 5 run inning, but it's the best they could do. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Obviously they should have managed other things differently, but at least once you get to the 11th inning try playing matchups. The first 3 hitters that inning, Miller, Maile, and Straw, were all right handers. Miller's splits are reversed but the other 2 aren't. Put in Ruiz against those 3, yes I know the runner will score from 2nd at some point in there. Then, depending on how Ruiz is doing, you can bring in the lefty to face Kwan and to turn Ramirez around to the side where he's been weaker this year.

It's not perfect, no guarantees it won't turn into a 5 run inning, but it's the best they could do. 

Yep, at that point they'd burned their best arms.  But if they would have just gone to Reylo in the 7th, Sox probably win that game in regulation and pen isn't totally fried for today.

Oh well. Is what it is is.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yep, at that point they'd burned their best arms.  But if they would have just gone to Reylo in the 7th, Sox probably win that game in regulation and pen isn't totally fried for today.

Oh well. Is what it is is.  

In the game thread after the 6th, I was expecting Lopez, Graveman, Hendriks, and expecting that Cleveland would pose one more threat against one of them and said that as long as we got through that, we had it.

Then Lambert came in and I was screaming. AUGH.