Cease AL Pitcher of the Month again

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Last year I never felt like we had a real "ace" I was confident could shut a team down in the playoffs.  I feel like we have that this year, so far.  Bodes well (if we can make it there).

Yeah it seems like (other than "first half Carlos") we had a collection of #2 starters.
Of course their numbers looked better, but my feeling going into the playoffs matches your sentiments above.

Now we have a #1 starter and a bunch of question marks.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Last year I never felt like we had a real "ace" I was confident could shut a team down in the playoffs.  I feel like we have that this year, so far.  Bodes well (if we can make it there).

Truly amazing how far Dylan has come in a year.  Congratulations to him on quite an achievement.

Couldn't be happier for Dylan.  He was such a frustrating pitcher to watch his first couple of seasons...video game stuff with no control.  A guy who is apparently into meditation and had such a calm demeanor on the mound but was just an absolute headcase when he lost the zone.  He's truly learned how to be a successful big league pitcher just by changing his mentals.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease has the 3rd best Vegas odds to win the Cy Young. Tight race between him, Verlander, Mcclanahan. What an incredible trade that was with the cubs a few years ago. Q for Cease and Eloy 😂 

I feel like someone should give a raise to whatever GM made that trade for the Sox

Oh wait....

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease has the 3rd best Vegas odds to win the Cy Young. Tight race between him, Verlander, Mcclanahan. What an incredible trade that was with the cubs a few years ago. Q for Cease and Eloy 😂 

Felony grand theft.

This why baseball needs to wake up and be like the NBA and NFL. You can have your NBA All-Star game and NFL Pro Bowl recognition, but the real awards in those two sports that players actually treasure, are the NBA and NFL All-Pro team's. Cease got screwed out of the all-star game, but he should least be able to achieve an all-pro status at the end of the season like they do in the NBA and NFL. Wake up MLB!

Having said that...great job Dylan!

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This why baseball needs to wake up and be like the NBA and NFL. You can have your NBA All-Star game and NFL Pro Bowl recognition, but the real awards in those two sports that players actually treasure, are the NBA and NFL All-Pro team's. Cease got screwed out of the all-star game, but he should least be able to achieve an all-pro status at the end of the season like they do in the NBA and NFL. Wake up MLB!

Having said that...great job Dylan!

I would think that the Silver Slugger and GG awards would cover the "All Pro" teams for position players, and Cy Young + Reliever of the Year would cover the pitchers' portion.

...though it would be cool to have a 5-man All-Pro rotation for each league (or as all of MLB)

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Pump the brakes....Diekman is looking awfully good.

There is no need to pump the brakes! Diekman has looked great, but please, just two games. You need to pump the brakes! Even if Diekman continues to do well, it was a one for one player trade. The Quintana trade was for Dylan Cease and Eloy Jimenez. There is no comparison. 

You need to keep in mind that Boston desperately needed a catcher, so McGuire made sense.  He might not have hit well for the Sox, but he was a tremendous defensive catcher and he might end up being good for the Red Sox! However, Quintana is on his 4th team and we still have Dylan and Eloy playing for the Sox! Best Hahn trade ever!

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no need to pump the brakes! Diekman has looked great, but please, just two games. You need to pump the brakes! Even if Diekman continues to do well, it was a one for one player trade. The Quintana trade was for Dylan Cease and Eloy Jimenez. There is no comparison. 

You need to keep in mind that Boston desperately needed a catcher, so McGuire made sense.  He might not have hit well for the Sox, but he was a tremendous defensive catcher and he might end up being good for the Red Sox! However, Quintana is on his 4th team and we still have Dylan and Eloy playing for the Sox! Best Hahn trade ever!

I got the sense that @wegner was being a little sarcastic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I would think that the Silver Slugger and GG awards would cover the "All Pro" teams for position players, and Cy Young + Reliever of the Year would cover the pitchers' portion.

...though it would be cool to have a 5-man All-Pro rotation for each league (or as all of MLB)

I hear what you're saying, but the Silver Slugger is just one per position. The Gold Glove is mostly defense and also just one. My point was I think there should be 3 All-Pro teams at the end of the season for each position like in the NBA and NFL. Just my opinion!

23 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I hear what you're saying, but the Silver Slugger is just one per position. The Gold Glove is mostly defense and also just one. My point was I think there should be 3 All-Pro teams at the end of the season for each position like in the NBA and NFL. Just my opinion!

This already exists; it’s just that it only began in 2019, so it’s going to take several more years to gather status/renown:

https://www.mlb.com/awards/all-mlb