Hahn talking at 5:30

southsider2k5

If you canr change the players, you need to change something.  JR won't embarrass Tony even though Tony embarrasses JR almost daily. Fire Hahn tonight. He has failed. If you can conclude Renteria wasn't going to get you there, there is ten times the evidence Hahn isn't the guy either.  Let  KW retire, and try again.

L

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

More deflection from Hahn. “We weren’t able to improve to club.” No buddy, YOU weren’t able to

Exactly. Take fucking ownership for once. He literally told the press (and by extension the fan base) “I failed at my job today. Other teams got better, we did not.”

What are we supposed to do with that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Exactly. Take fucking ownership for once. He literally told the press (and by extension the fan base) “I failed at my job today. Other teams got better, we did not.”

What are we supposed to do with that? 

If he said that he would've been taking ownership."  But he didn't, really.  I'm just hearing more of the "why can't other teams be more reasonable?!" whining

I'm probably in the minority on this but I'm glad Hahn wasn't able to make any moves. He would of just gotten fleeced by a real GM. There was no one or two players out there that the Sox could have realistically gotten that were going to change the trajectory of this season. 

If this team is going to do anything it has to be with the players here actually starting to perform as they were expected to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

questioning my fandom as im starting to follow mariners beat writers and twitter heads... 

I'm seriously questioning my fandom as well. 

I already tried to switch teams in hockey and that didn't go over too well. 

I watched another team and couldn't get invested. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

More deflection from Hahn. “We weren’t able to improve to club.” No buddy, YOU weren’t able to

Rick is a joke, but he's part of a 4 headed monster of decision makers.  He's certainly deflecting, but he's also giving the subtle reminder that he's feckless, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you canr change the players, you need to change something.  JR won't embarrass Tony even though Tony embarrasses JR almost daily. Fire Hahn tonight. He has failed. If you can conclude Renteria wasn't going to get you there, there is ten times the evidence Hahn isn't the guy either.  Let  KW retire, and try again.

L

Hahn did what Jerry wanted / demanded. The money has been spent, win with what you spent it on.

For competitive purposes, it would have made sense to sell off anyone over 27 you can get a solid return on, but it would be a drag on already poor 2022-2023 ticket sales. I expect a big selloff after 2023 season ticket invoice payments are due.

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

Rick is a joke, but he's part of a 4 headed monster of decision makers.  He's certainly deflecting, but he's also giving the subtle reminder that he's feckless, IMO. 

If I had to guess, he's the low man on that totem pole. Not as a defense of his fuckery, but just as an observation. He'll probably get another job in baseball because he can hide behind Jerry, Kenny and Tony and there is some truth to it. He doesn't deserve another chance though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stop making excuses for him!

There are no excuses. He has a job, and he does it terribly. 

There are 3 other people in the room though. 

We're stating facts, not making excuses. 

If Hahn is feckless(he is IMO) that's his choice to be a weasel and hide behind his bosses. More reason to fire his ass. 

If he had any cojones he'd have resigned years ago. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

While I'm pissed they didn't go get a real difference-maker, premium assets for rentals was my top-level fear.  I'm "happier" standing pat than I would've been with worthless desperation moves. 

I can't even argue any more. Welcome to the future of mediocrity following the present mediocrity.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There are no excuses. He has a job, and he does it terribly. 

There are 3 other people in the room though. 

We're stating facts, not making excuses. 

If Hahn is feckless(he is IMO) that's his choice to be a weasel and hide behind his bosses. More reason to fire his ass. 

Agreed, at the end of the day he's ineffective at his job and is trying to save face and should be fired, but the same could be said for essentially every decision maker in the organization. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I can't even argue any more. Welcome to the future of mediocrity following the present mediocrity.

Listen man, I respect your opinion. I'm a huge "flags fly forever" person, but this team ain't it. Last year would have been the time to do that, but the farm was in even worse shape. 

24 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Fuck off Hahn. I do think he is frustrated to an extent I do. But you know what I've lost all respect for being a Fucking pussy. Once JR went over his head he should be resigned. If he had any self respect and balls to do so

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Hahn did the right thing not trading Colas/Montgomery for mediocre rentals.

But it’s his fault we have so many holes and lack a deep prospect system to make a deal without giving up too much.

How long until Colas is in RF? I’m thinking without an addition for the OF, we see him the season. 

Edited by ChiSox59