Hahn talking at 5:30

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is he ripping on the Sox and still praising all things Cub-related?

Over hyping Robertson return?

Extolling upside of a full year in 2023 with Suzuki and Madrigal...unlimited financial flexibility this upcoming offseason in FA?

(Well, I guess the Cards and Brewers didn't improve much, either.)

None of that. He just seems to be kind of a douche

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Hard to blame Hahn. He can't very well trade the pieces he acquired during the tank. He lives and dies professionally as the guys he acquired fare. He can't trade Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Gio, Kopech, Yas, Liam.

If it was indeed a sellers market as he claims, he could have gotten a haul if he traded one or more of those pieces.  The roster as constructed has not been working.  Sometimes you have to shake things up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If it was indeed a sellers market as he claims, he could have gotten a haul if he traded one or more of those pieces.  The roster as constructed has not been working.  Sometimes you have to shake things up.

To be fair he did send out a jerk off and brought in a diekman.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I’m not sure why you’re asking, but the answer is a resounding “Yes!” when it comes to his on-air and Twitter personas. Total d-bag.

Just stuff ive seen on you tube and shit

• Like 1

I’m in the camp of being glad Hahn didn’t panic and trade prospects for rentals. It’s either happening or not this season based on how Yoan, Giolito, Grandal, Eloy, etc. perform from here on. If they don’t meet expectations, it doesn’t matter who was traded for unless one of our underachievers was part of the trade, but none of them have much trade value at this point.. 

A retool is needed, but now probably wasn’t the best opportunity unless the return was part of the future plan, not just the rest of this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I’m in the camp of being glad Hahn didn’t panic and trade prospects for rentals. It’s either happening or not this season based on how Yoan, Giolito, Grandal, Eloy, etc. perform from here on. If they don’t meet expectations, it doesn’t matter who was traded for unless one of our underachievers was part of the trade, but none of them have much trade value at this point.. 

A retool is needed, but now probably wasn’t the best opportunity unless the return was part of the future plan, not just the rest of this season.

then they needed to fire the hitting coach and TLR.

41 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I agree. I have few issues with standing pat and letting this play out. I have plenty of issues with how we got here, but the odds of us doing more damage were way higher than the odds of us doing good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Hard to blame Hahn. He can't very well trade the pieces he acquired during the tank. He lives and dies professionally as the guys he acquired fare. He can't trade Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Gio, Kopech, Yas, Liam.

Honest question - how much value do those guys have aside from Robert, Kopech, Liam?

Hoyer saying that this was a buyer's market and Hahn saying it was a sellers market is amusing. I have no doubt that the Cubs and Sox had discussions on Happ and/or Contreras. The fit was there for both teams. I think there may have been some fatigue from the fallout from the Kimbrel deal for the Sox (not that it worked out for the Cubs) as well as the Cubs feeling that they didn't want members of the "core" on the Sox. 

4. Crickets from the White Sox and Guardians

We could pick apart the moves and motivations of many a club here, but the AL Central race is the only one in which three teams entered Deadline day within three games of each other. And while one of those teams -- the first-place Twins -- got the memo about this opportunity to improve, the Guardians and White Sox were surprisingly silent.

(Well, OK, Cleveland did make a Triple-A swap for former Sox pitcher Ian Hamilton, and the White Sox had acquired Jake Diekman on Monday, but forgive us if we thought there might be more).

The White Sox have underperformed, while the Guardians have exceeded expectations. Both are within a whisker of a Twins team that significantly improved its pitching staff with Tyler Mahle in the rotation and bullpen additions Jorge López and Michael Fulmer. The division wasn’t decided at the Deadline -- far from it. But the Twins’ path to the postseason looks a lot clearer now.

www.mlb.com

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Bah, what player could they have spent money on last offseason that would have turned them from a .500 team with a shot at the playoffs into a team 20 games over .500 who could genuinely threaten the Yankees or Astros?