GT 8/3: Outfielders? We don't need no stinking outfielders!

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

They'd actually be able to go from 1st to 3rd and score easily on singles with a guy on 2nd. Those 2 things are challenges for the Sox. 

I agree, but I think that'd really only help on the margins. If you don't draw walks or hit HR's, you're not going to be a good offensive team

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I agree, but I think that'd really only help on the margins. If you don't draw walks or hit HR's, you're not going to be a good offensive team

There's a good reason why the Sox lead the league in getting thrown out at home. They're slow and they don't score via the home run. 

I'd like to go on record to say that I predicted this 19 game stretch perfectly so far.

Hopefully I'm also right on the last 10 games. Going 5 over after this stretch is decent. The only problem is that the Twins got a lot better yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

There's a good reason why the Sox lead the league in getting thrown out at home. They're slow and they don't score via the home run. 

They have a shitty first base and 3rd base coach 5 years in the running.  

• Like 1

All bitching aside, the Sox did hit well today and they hit a pitcher that they've historically struggled against. That's an improvement. Now they go to Texas and face 4 pretty bad starters. Hopefully the offense gets hot and we can rattle off some more series wins. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'd like to go on record to say that I predicted this 19 game stretch perfectly so far.

Hopefully I'm also right on the last 10 games. Going 5 over after this stretch is decent. The only problem is that the Twins got a lot better yesterday. 

Feels strange saying I like their chances of better than a series split vs Texas since it's on the road.