AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

35thstreetswarm

1 hour ago, Colome's Hat said:

A good 10 game stretch likely wins the division for them.  I know the Twins got better but they still don't stack up on paper to what the Sox have.  Both Lynn and Gio looked really good in their starts.  

If Lynn and Gio can keep it up, with Cease, Kopech and Cueto, and relievers stay healthy the Sox have the best overall pitching vs Twins and Guardians.  This should keep us in the hunt. We need to score more runs and hit more homers.  Can’t afford any more bases loaded and no outs and score no runs like today. Need better defense as well.  We also have a problem to overcome, TLR and his coaching staff is one of the worse in the majors.  It is going to be tough, but it is achievable because pitching wins games.

Edited by hankchifan
Grammar

40 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I think the Sox will win the division.  There, I said it.

I think they will, too. They are fortunate to be in the Central, but they do have some talent. I just wish they would use that talent more often and stop running themselves out of innings. A grand slam once in a while would also help.

55 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

If Lynn and Gio can keep it up, with Cease, Kopech and Cueto, and relievers stay healthy the Sox have the best overall pitching vs Twins and Guardians.  This should keep us in the hunt. We need to score more runs and hit more homers.  Can’t afford any more bases loaded and no outs and score no runs like today. Need better defense as well.  We also have a problem to overcome, TLR and his coaching staff is one of the worse in the majors.  It is going to be tough, but it is achievable because pitching wins games.

To be honest, firing Menechino would improve this team so much and actually make TLR a lot more bearable.  A lot of the stuff we get on TLR on is a symptom of not being able to hit home runs.  We start hitting the ball out of the park and the TLR stuff becomes moot.  At least my two cents.  I don't know what the fuck is keeping Menechino.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

To be honest, firing Menechino would improve this team so much and actually make TLR a lot more bearable.  A lot of the stuff we get on TLR on is a symptom of not being able to hit home runs.  We start hitting the ball out of the park and the TLR stuff becomes moot.  At least my two cents.  I don't know what the fuck is keeping Menechino.

I agree with this 100%. And I really dislike Tony. Once he stopped with the crazy lineups he has been more tolerable. 

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

I think the Sox will win the division.  There, I said it.

not a chance. look at their h2h vs Cleveland for a big reason why. bc they are inferior in just about every category, not just compared to Cleveland but compared to the top 8 teams in the AL. Sox are fortunate to be playing in the AL central, but that still won't get them the division. 

2 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

It's honestly amazing to me that people think the hitting coach is instructing guys not to hit homeruns. Additionally that the players would be like, good call coach!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's honestly amazing to me that people think the hitting coach is instructing guys not to hit homeruns. Additionally that the players would be like, good call coach!

I don't think this is the case.  But I think Menechino's approach is awful with the new baseball that's being used.  With the juiced ball, it was fine.  But all you have to do is look at the Groundball rates to see the problems.  Home runs are down but I do think the approach Menechino has employed is particularly bad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wegner said:

I'm not condoning the lack of moves by this statement, but Diekman has been quite good so far.

He's looked great.  He was featured in a Pitching Ninja tweet after his first outing with the (White) Sox, and there were several comments from obvious Red Sox fans claiming (maybe jokingly) that the video was fake and were quite angry that Diekman didn't look that good while he pitched for them.

To get a good lefty bullpen piece for McGuire was a good trade.  Maybe takes Hahn's deadline grade from an F to a D-.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogan873 said:

He's looked great.  He was featured in a Pitching Ninja tweet after his first outing with the (White) Sox, and there were several comments from obvious Red Sox fans claiming (maybe jokingly) that the video was fake and were quite angry that Diekman didn't look that good while he pitched for them.

To get a good lefty bullpen piece for McGuire was a good trade.  Maybe takes Hahn's deadline grade from an F to a D-.

He's looked really good.  I think we shouldn't discount some of the work that Katz can do with him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, reiks12 said:

30 singles, 6 XBHs

Great series win, but against one of the worst teams in baseball!

KC 3 game series:

KC ERA - 15th AL and 27th ML 4.70 ERA

Sox - RISP - 9-30

Sox - LOB - 24

Eloy 11-18 , .611 BA - 1 2B, 0 HR. Vaughn 7-12 , .583 BA, 1 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR

We do have those ground balls working! Thanks a lot Menechino...you royal POS loser! 

Excellent numbers with RISP - good to see!

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Great series win, but against one of the worst teams in baseball!

KC 3 game series:

KC ERA - 15th AL and 27th ML 4.70 ERA

Sox - RISP - 9-30

Sox - LOB - 24

Eloy 11-18 , .611 BA - 1 2B, 0 HR. Vaughn 7-12 , .583 BA, 1 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR

We do have those ground balls working! Thanks a lot Menechino...you royal POS loser!