Jackie Bradley Jr.

Timmy Crack Corn

Forgive me for starting a thread if this has already been mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone else see JBR as a realistic fit now that he's been released by the Red Sox? He hasn't done much recently but I think given the right surroundings, he could really make an impact. He's a left-handed bat with a cannon for an arm and he can play RF. He also comes with big time playoff experience, something we're lacking on this squad. Maybe a change of scenery will give him and the team a shot in the arm that's needed...

11 minutes ago, Timmy Crack Corn said:

Forgive me for starting a thread if this has already been mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone else see JBR as a realistic fit now that he's been released by the Red Sox? He hasn't done much recently but I think given the right surroundings, he could really make an impact. He's a left-handed bat with a cannon for an arm and he can play RF. He also comes with big time playoff experience, something we're lacking on this squad. Maybe a change of scenery will give him and the team a shot in the arm that's needed...

This team not.   Charlotte needs bodies.

• Like 1

The Sox have a better Jackie Bradley, but Tony refuses to play him. Tony has only started Adam Engel 39 times last season (1.6 bWAR) and 48 this year (0.8 bWAR).

There are only four White Sox hitters with a higher war (Abreu, Robert, Anderson and Harrison) this season. With all of the OF injuries and Sheets/Vaughn playing the corners, his defense alone would have won at least a few games for the Sox this season. Tony was starting Pollock over Engel in CF, which is completely ludicrous.

Sheets' OPS + is only 9 points higher this season (92 vs. 83), and he ranks among the all time worst right fielders in the 120 + year history of The MLB.

• Like 4

JBL is the most overrated player in the last 20 years. I couldnt stand him when he was all ESPN was talking about since his rookie year. Remember the apple tv broadcast when the 2 announcers just wouldnt shut up about him? Very happy to see him get DFAed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox have a better Jackie Bradley, but Tony refuses to play him. Tony has only started Adam Engel 39 times last season (1.6 bWAR) and 48 this year (0.8 bWAR).

There are only four White Sox hitters with a higher war (Abreu, Robert, Anderson and Harrison) this season. With all of the OF injuries and Sheets/Vaughn playing the corners, his defense alone would have won at least a few games for the Sox this season. Tony was starting Pollock over Engel in CF, which is completely ludicrous.

Sheets' OPS + is only 9 points higher this season (92 vs. 83), and he ranks among the all time worst right fielders in the 120 + year history of The MLB.

He's always going to be one of those "what if" guys for me.  Never really able to put a full season of healthy playing time together and nearing 31 already. I was very excited for him to get some ABs this year after the power flashes last year, but TLR would rather play Leury. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean, how can you look at the defense Vaughn played in RF tonight and think we don't need a defensive oriented RFer?

Don't forget Pollock with the assist on the HR for Detroit in game 1 that set the tone for our season so far. Call me a dreamer but I think if Bradley comes to the Sox it'll give us a bit of a spark. Mark my words!

Edited by Timmy Crack Corn

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not defending TLR's bizarre line ups but Engel was on the injured list a lot last season and has been on it a bit this season. If he could stay fit then I agree he would be a better all round option in OF than Sheets or Vaughn

• Like 2

Adam Engel seems to have lost any ability to hit, so he really only should be a defensive sub.  JBJ isn’t the answer to our RF woes though.  Sox simply don’t have an RF on the roster and we just have to suffer through the shitshow TLR runs out there every day as if it is passable or fine. 

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Adam Engel seems to have lost any ability to hit, so he really only should be a defensive sub.  JBJ isn’t the answer to our RF woes though.  Sox simply don’t have an RF on the roster and we just have to suffer through the shitshow TLR runs out there every day as if it is passable or fine. 

His hitting is only a bit worse than last season and is around his lifetime average, but in the field he is much better than what we regularly trot out and would make fewer errors leading to runs, like last night. Granted he is not the long-term solution as the whole OF (barring Robert) is disaster of mismanagement and failure to acquire players who can actually play in the position for which they are being played.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I would take a flyer on him because the White Sox actually don’t have any outfield defense, and I would rather not run Sheets Vaughn Eloy around Robert in close games late in the game.  

They could put Engel in RF every day.  They certainly wouldn't sit Eloy or Robert (when he gets well) for Bradley.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

They could put Engel in RF every day.  They certainly wouldn't sit Eloy or Robert (when he gets well) for Bradley.

That sounds actually awful and I would not like that at all.  Let me make it clear I’m not advocating for Bradley to be a starter.  I would like him to be a late sub and start very rarely.  Engel should never start on this team 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

That sounds actually awful and I would not like that at all.  Let me make it clear I’m not advocating for Bradley to be a starter.  I would like him to be a late sub and start very rarely.  Engel should never start on this team 

Get the dude out of Boston and see if something can be salvaged. If not, yeet.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Get the dude out of Boston and see if something can be salvaged. If not, yeet.

Bradley is very good defensively in CF/RF. But his offense is really bad with several different teams at this point. He is LH so if they are only looking for a late inning replacement, he could work-out.