Jump to content

Moncada


Unknown
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You really come up with some weird comments. The fact you are making fun of me and others here for being upset that Moncada was laughing after a disgusting loss, shows your competitive need to be a contrarian. Players that care don't laugh after the game in the dugout when they have lost and embarrassed themselves. It clearly shows he isn't emotionally invested. Since they lost again today should they go have a party?

You saying your previous comments were not condescending just shows you don't even realize when you are doing it or what condescending even means.

There is no hurt feelings here. I state the facts about Moncada as opposed to you continuing to justify that he is a good player. 

As far as the fact he is playing at a higher weight than when he was in Boston, shows us he doesn't care and doesn't have the discipline to get in better shape. Maybe if he got in better shape he could play second which is what he was traded here to be. 

Where is there fan fiction from me on Moncada. He is hitting under .200 with little power and striking out constantly. I gave you plenty of metrics in earlier posts and you keep neglecting to admit the facts and accusing me of fan fiction. I also know he rarely hustles down the line on a ground balls. Is that fan fiction? If you think I'm wrong then please go copy for us the videos of him hustling after hitting ground balls. 

I have supplied you with plenty of logical quantitative analysis. Unfortunately it doesn't agree with your opinions and thus I'm the idiot and not the smartest guy in the room as you are. 

I hope you or some other admin closes this post down as it routinely has been done in the past. This debate is going nowhere!

When you are calling a guy lazy without knowing a damned thing about him, all because you saw him laughing, and personally going after anyone who feels like you should probably Yoan Moncada in at least a minimal respect to comment on his mental condition and/or worth ethic is the very definition of condescending.  You talk about weight and work ethic, while pushing a guy who had to lose 40 pounds because his achillies tendons couldn't support him, not once, but twice, and only lost the weight when his playing career was quite literally in danger of being over. 

Again when logic fails you, and your emotional state with Yoan doesn't give you enough, you just makes up what you think is being said.  No where did I say that Yoan Moncada was a "good" player.  But that doesn't stop you from just making up whatever you need to keep looking for reasons to have hurt feelings about him laughing when you are sad with absolutely zero idea about what was going on.

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When you are calling a guy lazy without knowing a damned thing about him, all because you saw him laughing, and personally going after anyone who feels like you should probably Yoan Moncada in at least a minimal respect to comment on his mental condition and/or worth ethic is the very definition of condescending.  You talk about weight and work ethic, while pushing a guy who had to lose 40 pounds because his achillies tendons couldn't support him, not once, but twice, and only lost the weight when his playing career was quite literally in danger of being over. 

Again when logic fails you, and your emotional state with Yoan doesn't give you enough, you just makes up what you think is being said.  No where did I say that Yoan Moncada was a "good" player.  But that doesn't stop you from just making up whatever you need to keep looking for reasons to have hurt feelings about him laughing when you are sad with absolutely zero idea about what was going on.

Ok I'm done, you win! Talk about someone who has zero idea about Moncada or this debacle of a team.  

You have always had it out for me and that's fine. However I find it hilarious that you didn't attack any of the other poster in here who also thought Moncada's laughing was a joke. I also didn't see you attack any of the many posters in here who are calling out Moncada for his horrible season or lack of effort. That's fine, go ahead and  keep grinding out your emotional and personal vendetta towards me. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Ok I'm done, you win! Talk about someone who has zero idea about Moncada or this debacle of a team.  

You have always had it out for me and that's fine. However I find it hilarious that you didn't attack any of the other poster in here who also thought Moncada's laughing was a joke. I also didn't see you attack any of the many posters in here who are calling out Moncada for his horrible season or lack of effort. That's fine, go ahead and  keep grinding out your emotional and personal vendetta towards me. 

Hmm, not enough twtw.  What a lack of work ethic to be just quitting like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yoan has been terrible. We can all agree on that. But making rather large assumptions about his character based on body language and laughing in the dugout is really judgmental and just kind of weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yoan has been terrible. We can all agree on that. But making rather large assumptions about his character based on body language and laughing in the dugout is really judgmental and just kind of weird.

Well . . . Yes and no. But not weird at all. Ignoring body language (non-verbal communication) seems like weird, burying your head in the sand behavior. Body language communicates a lot more truthful communication than words, a lot more info. There’s tons of studies that come to that conclusion, to the point it is pretty well accepted as fact. It’s extremely easier to lie, misdirect with words than body language/ actions. 
 

Can you positively know a person by their body language, of course not. But it communicates a lot more truth than words. 
 

Southsider, we’ve all watch Moncada play for years and games after games, and that equals hours and hours, probably hundreds of hours of watching him play. That gives no validity to your comment he or we “don’t know a damn thing about him”. That’s a disingenuous statement to win an argument. 

Are you really going to argue you’ve never seen Moncada take a bat appearance off, where he goes up there with no mental effort and just quickly strikes out. Really, you never seen him do that or do a game worth of at bats like that. I think we know a little damn bit about Moncada and his work ethic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll  just say that I can’t think of any truly great player that leaves these kinds of impressions, and has these kinds of questions asked. Sure, there have been those that leave some preparation to be desired. But they generally don’t look to be sleepwalking. You can see the fire is burning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree! Isn't that what the Sox and Blue Jays did at the beginning of the season when we traded Zack Collins for Reese McGuire!

Much bigger contracts would be required though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Spumoni said:

I mean, isnt this the definition of a poor return?  If anything, wouldn't you want to cut bait and try to dump as much salary as possible for flexibility elsewhere on the roster, even if it means the return is just a few fliers?

Again, has to be sure it isn't an injury issue that could go away w surgery next fall. We recently discussed Joey Gallo  before he went to LA. A big contract w a terrible streak. That would seem like a better move than just a few fliers and Moncada turns around and has a big year somewhere else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Well . . . Yes and no. But not weird at all. Ignoring body language (non-verbal communication) seems like weird, burying your head in the sand behavior. Body language communicates a lot more truthful communication than words, a lot more info. There’s tons of studies that come to that conclusion, to the point it is pretty well accepted as fact. It’s extremely easier to lie, misdirect with words than body language/ actions. 
 

Can you positively know a person by their body language, of course not. But it communicates a lot more truth than words. 
 

Southsider, we’ve all watch Moncada play for years and games after games, and that equals hours and hours, probably hundreds of hours of watching him play. That gives no validity to your comment he or we “don’t know a damn thing about him”. That’s a disingenuous statement to win an argument. 

Are you really going to argue you’ve never seen Moncada take a bat appearance off, where he goes up there with no mental effort and just quickly strikes out. Really, you never seen him do that or do a game worth of at bats like that. I think we know a little damn bit about Moncada and his work ethic.

 

Well let's get into it then.  If Yoan Moncada is lazy and has no work ethic, what work is he not doing?  Is he not watching video?  Working in the weight room? Fielding practice?  Batting practice?  Is he not reporting to the team on time?  Leaving early?  He is not doing the drills he is supposed to be doing.  That stuff is work ethic.  If you know something about his true work ethic, I would love to hear it.

Two things that aren't falling under this category.

#1 bad ABs-  Getting out guessed or having a generally shitty AB isn't "work ethic" otherwise all of baseball has a bad work ethic.

#2 when the manager tells players not to run hard so they don't aggravate injuries, that isn't a lack of work ethic either. 

The final thing that we need to be doing less of is applying American standards of what looks like caring to non-American players.  Our cultural norms are not what is normal in Cuba, the Dominican, or any other not Anglicized cultures.  The way players like Yoan were modeled to react like, it not the same as what guys like Andrew Vaughn and Adam Engel got.  I know the whole fake hustle, fiery anger, and big temper tantrums are the way you show you care in American sports, but it isn't the same in the rest of the world, and we need to quit expecting Yoan Moncada to act like Nick Madrigal.  Just because machismo dictates that he shouldn't show he is angry, when you want to see something else, doesn't mean he is lazy or lacks a work ethic.  Body language relates to cultural norms.

If you feel like Moncada has an attitude problem that is one thing.  But an attitude problem and being lazy aren't the same thing, and it is lazy to use them interchangeably.

  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ugh.  This is such a lazy meme.  Everyone acting like an expert on the guys body language despite no personal knowledge of him or his actual thoughts or work ethic needs to just stop.  It amazes me that people can watch the guy in the field and think that, but then again, people see what they want to see.  The guy isn't breaking stuff in the dugout, so obviously he is lazy.  Just awful.

Steve Stone has alluded to Moncada's work ethic lacking more than once. He has more inside knowledge than all of us here. Let's not pretend that this is just clueless fans painting this picture.

For me, during a debacle of a season that is working towards being one of the low points in White Sox history, all things considered. It's refreshing when insiders actually speak up, even when it hurts the company line. Johnny Cueto spoke up this week was huge and it ticked off TLR. Too f'ing bad Tony.

If we don't see a drastic turn around in the next 7-8 weeks, then people like Moncada and La Russa need to be purged from the White Sox this winter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well let's get into it then.  If Yoan Moncada is lazy and has no work ethic, what work is he not doing?  Is he not watching video?  Working in the weight room? Fielding practice?  Batting practice?  Is he not reporting to the team on time?  Leaving early?  He is not doing the drills he is supposed to be doing.  That stuff is work ethic.  If you know something about his true work ethic, I would love to hear it.

Two things that aren't falling under this category.

#1 bad ABs-  Getting out guessed or having a generally shitty AB isn't "work ethic" otherwise all of baseball has a bad work ethic.

#2 when the manager tells players not to run hard so they don't aggravate injuries, that isn't a lack of work ethic either. 

The final thing that we need to be doing less of is applying American standards of what looks like caring to non-American players.  Our cultural norms are not what is normal in Cuba, the Dominican, or any other not Anglicized cultures.  The way players like Yoan were modeled to react like, it not the same as what guys like Andrew Vaughn and Adam Engel got.  I know the whole fake hustle, fiery anger, and big temper tantrums are the way you show you care in American sports, but it isn't the same in the rest of the world, and we need to quit expecting Yoan Moncada to act like Nick Madrigal.  Just because machismo dictates that he shouldn't show he is angry, when you want to see something else, doesn't mean he is lazy or lacks a work ethic.  Body language relates to cultural norms.

If you feel like Moncada has an attitude problem that is one thing.  But an attitude problem and being lazy aren't the same thing, and it is lazy to use them interchangeably.

The counterexample is players from Japan, Korea or Taiwan almost never show any emotion.

They have the “best” work ethic (although some would obviously disagree throwing 200-225 pitches without complaint), practice fundamentals incessantly, usually care more about team than individual performance or hot-dogging.

Of course, there have arguably been around eight to ten great or close to star players from there, but hundreds more in the history of the game from Latin American countries.

Sometimes talent and God-given ability wins out in the end, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sarava said:

Steve Stone has alluded to Moncada's work ethic lacking more than once. He has more inside knowledge than all of us here. Let's not pretend that this is just clueless fans painting this picture.

For me, during a debacle of a season that is working towards being one of the low points in White Sox history, all things considered. It's refreshing when insiders actually speak up, even when it hurts the company line. Johnny Cueto spoke up this week was huge and it ticked off TLR. Too f'ing bad Tony.

If we don't see a drastic turn around in the next 7-8 weeks, then people like Moncada and La Russa need to be purged from the White Sox this winter.

I don't see how the White Sox are going to move Moncada this winter. He has 2 more years left on his contract  and its some big money. I can't imagine any team wanting him. He can't hit anymore. I would think the team brings him back next year hoping he returns to his 2019 form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hmm, not enough twtw.  What a lack of work ethic to be just quitting like that.

Look who is questioning my work ethic, the weird contrarian guy that knows nothing about me. Hmm you said its not right to question a player's work ethic, but it's ok for you to judge me. HaHa!

For the record, I have a right to question Moncada's play. I thought the entire purpose of this forum was to state your opinions. I read that in the bylaws. Here is one of them: Personal attacks towards other posters will not be tolerated. People will be treated with respect at all times. However when I state my opinions, not only do you attack me, but you mock me that I am I absolutely wrong and you are always right. I don't care if anyone here doesn't agree with me and they have every right to challenge my statements and I'm fine with that. Yet to ridicule me like you do, and only you do this...as if you are some genius on baseball is a joke. More importantly it shows you lack the ability to ague without getting into emotional and angry tirades. As I mentioned before, there were plenty of people in here who questioned Moncada's hustle and desire. Yet not one time did you attack them in the same manner as you did me. The funny thing is whenever I am in here, when I see your name, I know as soon as I post something that you don't agree with, you are usually the first one to reply to my post. 

I stated Moncada has played poorly this year and that is undeniable. Yet you keep trying to come back at me with some weird angle or stat to disprove this. I also stated that he doesn't seem to care with his lack of hustle. You keep telling me I have no right to question his hustle. The fact is, I am not the only one in here who questioned that. Again, you haven't proven me wrong about his hustling and effort. I'm tired of you making excuses for him, like he is playing it safe because he doesn't want to pull another hamstring, or he is playing overweight, or he has two bad Achilles tendons as you mentioned. If he is injured maybe he shouldn't be playing until he is 100 percent healthy.

Anyway it sounds like you enjoy being a arguing emotionally with me, so if you want to keep going that's fine with me. I just wish you could learn to argue without the attacks on my intelligence and knowledge of baseball. I will not be bullied by you just because you have that admin title under your name. Again prove me wrong you aren't only attacking me and when someone else makes the same comments like me that you disagree with...be consistent and go after them as well. Or we can both do the mature and right thing and end this wasted energy and agree to disagree and stop with the petty back and forth insults. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sarava said:

 Steve Stone has alluded to Moncada's work ethic lacking more than once. He has more inside knowledge than all of us here. Let's not pretend that this is just clueless fans painting this picture.

 

Stone loses a lot of credibility to me when he cannot even bring himself to critique Tony.  I know people love Stone but he is a bit of an asshat honestly. He paints the picture the front office wants us to see, that doesnt mean that is what it is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Stone loses a lot of credibility to me when he cannot even bring himself to critique Tony.  I know people love Stone but he is a bit of an asshat honestly. He paints the picture the front office wants us to see, that doesnt mean that is what it is.

Lately he’s trying to hawk more concession items.  That's what it has come down to.  Overpriced food and drinks and their relative profitability.  Whereas the marginal utility of having season tickets sinks by the second.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Look who is questioning my work ethic, the weird contrarian guy that knows nothing about me. Hmm you said its not right to question a player's work ethic, but it's ok for you to judge me. HaHa!

For the record, I have a right to question Moncada's play. I thought the entire purpose of this forum was to state your opinions. I read that in the bylaws. Here is one of them: Personal attacks towards other posters will not be tolerated. People will be treated with respect at all times. However when I state my opinions, not only do you attack me, but you mock me that I am I absolutely wrong and you are always right. I don't care if anyone here doesn't agree with me and they have every right to challenge my statements and I'm fine with that. Yet to ridicule me like you do, and only you do this...as if you are some genius on baseball is a joke. More importantly it shows you lack the ability to ague without getting into emotional and angry tirades. As I mentioned before, there were plenty of people in here who questioned Moncada's hustle and desire. Yet not one time did you attack them in the same manner as you did me. The funny thing is whenever I am in here, when I see your name, I know as soon as I post something that you don't agree with, you are usually the first one to reply to my post. 

I stated Moncada has played poorly this year and that is undeniable. Yet you keep trying to come back at me with some weird angle or stat to disprove this. I also stated that he doesn't seem to care with his lack of hustle. You keep telling me I have no right to question his hustle. The fact is, I am not the only one in here who questioned that. Again, you haven't proven me wrong about his hustling and effort. I'm tired of you making excuses for him, like he is playing it safe because he doesn't want to pull another hamstring, or he is playing overweight, or he has two bad Achilles tendons as you mentioned. If he is injured maybe he shouldn't be playing until he is 100 percent healthy.

Anyway it sounds like you enjoy being a arguing emotionally with me, so if you want to keep going that's fine with me. I just wish you could learn to argue without the attacks on my intelligence and knowledge of baseball. I will not be bullied by you just because you have that admin title under your name. Again prove me wrong you aren't only attacking me and when someone else makes the same comments like me that you disagree with...be consistent and go after them as well. Or we can both do the mature and right thing and end this wasted energy and agree to disagree and stop with the petty back and forth insults. 

See now you get it.  Doesn't feel good having someone mock you for something they know nothing about, right?  Maybe your sarcasm detector is busted?  Or just too touchy.

There is no where in the forum that states you get to say whatever you want and no one can disagree with it, right?  Did I miss that part somewhere?  And I don't know why you have such hurt feelings about this personal debate, but trust me, I have argued with plenty of people, in fact another post was like 3 or 4 posts above, if you actually care.

It's also against the rules to personally attack players, and yet you have come after both me and Moncada.

Also it is Jake Burger who had the two injuries to his achillies, and lost 40 pounds because he was very overweight.  No comments on his work ethic?  I guess you missed that part.

Finally if you want to stop, just stop.  If its you need to have the last word to protect your feelings, just say so.  If you need it, I will do it for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sarava said:

Steve Stone has alluded to Moncada's work ethic lacking more than once. He has more inside knowledge than all of us here. Let's not pretend that this is just clueless fans painting this picture.

For me, during a debacle of a season that is working towards being one of the low points in White Sox history, all things considered. It's refreshing when insiders actually speak up, even when it hurts the company line. Johnny Cueto spoke up this week was huge and it ticked off TLR. Too f'ing bad Tony.

If we don't see a drastic turn around in the next 7-8 weeks, then people like Moncada and La Russa need to be purged from the White Sox this winter.

Stone also thinks Tony LaRussa is doing a great job with this team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is one thing Yo can and should change is not swinging at strikes esp strike three. He might have a sore lat and trouble swinging from the left side. Perhaps Tony knows. Maybe he needs to deal with playing through soreness and pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

See now you get it.  Doesn't feel good having someone mock you for something they know nothing about, right?  Maybe your sarcasm detector is busted?  Or just too touchy.

There is no where in the forum that states you get to say whatever you want and no one can disagree with it, right?  Did I miss that part somewhere?  And I don't know why you have such hurt feelings about this personal debate, but trust me, I have argued with plenty of people, in fact another post was like 3 or 4 posts above, if you actually care.

It's also against the rules to personally attack players, and yet you have come after both me and Moncada.

Also it is Jake Burger who had the two injuries to his achillies, and lost 40 pounds because he was very overweight.  No comments on his work ethic?  I guess you missed that part.

Finally if you want to stop, just stop.  If its you need to have the last word to protect your feelings, just say so.  If you need it, I will do it for you.

Go back and check the posts between us and you were the first one to attack me with disrespectful comments. I did not attack you first. 

You are putting words in my mouth as you always do. I NEVER stated I can say whatever I want in this forum and nobody has a right to disagree with me. I never said that, nor would I want that in here. You need to read better and understand a post better. What I posted is the rule from the official forum rules that states: Personal attacks towards other posters will not be tolerated. People will be treated with respect at all times.  That is one of the rules if you haven't read them in awhile! I will admit I made some harsh comments to you, but you also need to admit the same. thing

Go back and check your post, I didn't miss anything. You never mentioned the name Burger in your post about weight and Achilles. 

Yes you have argued with plenty of people in here. I did not say you didn't. What I said and it's a fact, you did not attack anyone in here about Moncada's hustle or laughing after that loss like you did me. There is a big difference between arguing and attacking. 

I was willing to stop as I stated in my prior post. However you just had to get your sarcastic "dig" in and the last word. You just had to add your one last dig and inform me, that if I need to have the last word to protect my feelings, then so be it! 

I will tell you the same thing you told me, if you want to stop then stop. Or if you need to have the last word to protect your feelings and ego, then just say so. However it might be better idea if we both stop and both apologize to each other and move on. Going forward we can both make an agreement we can debate each other as hard as we want, but we will forego any personal attacks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Go back and check the posts between us and you were the first one to attack me with disrespectful comments. I did not attack you first. 

You are putting words in my mouth as you always do. I NEVER stated I can say whatever I want in this forum and nobody has a right to disagree with me. I never said that, nor would I want that in here. You need to read better and understand a post better. What I posted is the rule from the official forum rules that states: Personal attacks towards other posters will not be tolerated. People will be treated with respect at all times.  That is one of the rules if you haven't read them in awhile! I will admit I made some harsh comments to you, but you also need to admit the same. thing

Go back and check your post, I didn't miss anything. You never mentioned the name Burger in your post about weight and Achilles. 

Yes you have argued with plenty of people in here. I did not say you didn't. What I said and it's a fact, you did not attack anyone in here about Moncada's hustle or laughing after that loss like you did me. There is a big difference between arguing and attacking. 

I was willing to stop as I stated in my prior post. However you just had to get your sarcastic "dig" in and the last word. You just had to add your one last dig and inform me, that if I need to have the last word to protect my feelings, then so be it! 

I will tell you the same thing you told me, if you want to stop then stop. Or if you need to have the last word to protect your feelings and ego, then just say so. However it might be better idea if we both stop and both apologize to each other and move on. Going forward we can both make an agreement we can debate each other as hard as we want, but we will forego any personal attacks. 

 

You have attacked both myself and Moncada.  I responded in kind to your attacks when you couldn't handle being disagreed with, and grew from there.  It all began with you putting words into my mouth, and accelerated to your attacks when I kept disagreeing with your interpretation of numbers. 

You apparently missed the entire point about Burger.  I thought it would be obvious as no one else in the franchise has been overweight, lost 40 pounds and had two achillies surgeries, but I will keep it mind that I need to make it more obvious next time.

If you want to debate without insults, then do so.  If you want to stop, then stop.  I don't know why you need someone else to take control for you, but you do what you need to do.  I am not the one who is insisting this stop.  I don't have hurt feeling about being disagreed with to the point where I want the other person to quit.  I don't need an apology either.  FFS, this is a message board.  Let it go.  If you want to debate, let's go.  Get back on topic.  Or cry about being disagreed with.  It isn't going to affect me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care what Steve Stone says about Moncada. There is something physically wrong with this player and he doesn't belong on the field.

I was in the left center field bleachers for the 2-0 win over Detroit. I had a good view of the plate. Moncada took a healthy cut on a pitch (for him anyway) and he got the good part of the bat on the ball. The drive went to center just to my left. It had a decent distance, but it just died out there. There was no real power behind it. It ended up being a relatively easy out when last year Moncada would have hit a home run with the same read and swing.

This isn't the first time I've seen this from Moncada. He gets a good read on the pitch, gets a good part of bat on it, and the ball really goes nowhere. He's hitting under .200, but I don't think it is from a bad work ethic.

It's amazing. This team will coddle Kopech but ignore what is going on with Moncada. And if he is that lazy, if he is showing no effort, then why he is in the lineup every day especially when he is adding to the problems of this offense? 

Moncada is still young. It's time to recognize what is wrong before they ruin this player.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

 

 

The average of those other 10 players is 951.  That’s a 25% falloff from everyone else.  It’s not even close to Vernon Wells, who signed one of the worst long-term contracts in baseball history with the Angels.

 

Yoan Moncada has 76 homers in career 2276 at-bats.   Juan Soto now has 120 homers in 1988 at-bats while roughly four years younger.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Highland said:

I don't care what Steve Stone says about Moncada. There is something physically wrong with this player and he doesn't belong on the field.

I was in the left center field bleachers for the 2-0 win over Detroit. I had a good view of the plate. Moncada took a healthy cut on a pitch (for him anyway) and he got the good part of the bat on the ball. The drive went to center just to my left. It had a decent distance, but it just died out there. There was no real power behind it. It ended up being a relatively easy out when last year Moncada would have hit a home run with the same read and swing.

This isn't the first time I've seen this from Moncada. He gets a good read on the pitch, gets a good part of bat on it, and the ball really goes nowhere. He's hitting under .200, but I don't think it is from a bad work ethic.

It's amazing. This team will coddle Kopech but ignore what is going on with Moncada. And if he is that lazy, if he is showing no effort, then why he is in the lineup every day especially when he is adding to the problems of this offense? 

Moncada is still young. It's time to recognize what is wrong before they ruin this player.

The two other “lower” players on that graph, Vernon Wells and David Wright, didn’t come close to realizing their potential for different reasons.  Carlos Gonzalez also fell apart in his early 30’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...