Smoking brisket and baseballs - Kopech v. the ghost of Adam Eaton and Lance Lynn (Dane Dunning) 6:05pm

he gone.

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The coaching staff and front office is a much, much bigger problem than "talent". It's such a fucking boomer thing to do, to always blame the players.

Fucking wet behind the ears?

9 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Dude Steve Stone can shut up. He tweeted about 100% intensity and effort a few days ago and now saying its all good to just throw this game away because you never had a chance. 

Steve Stone is correct 

Just now, fathom said:

A lot of the talent has flopped this year.  Giolito and Moncada have been horrible.

I have a hard time putting it on the players when every single position player has regressed. That's not a fucking coincidence. Their lack of power is not a coincidence. All of them having the same shit plate approach is not a coincidence. Their fundamentals disappearing is not a coincidence. Almost the entire team is having career worst seasons. It's pretty fucking obvious what the problem is here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I have a hard time putting it on the players when every single position player has regressed. That's not a fucking coincidence. Their lack of power is not a coincidence. All of them having the same shit plate approach is not a coincidence. Their fundamentals disappearing is not a coincidence. Almost the entire team is having career worst seasons. It's pretty fucking obvious what the problem is here.

They all stopped juiced after getting big contracts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The coaching staff and front office is a much, much bigger problem than "talent". It's such a fucking boomer thing to do, to always blame the players.

Exactly. Most of these guys have only been playing baseball for ten or fifteen years. You can't expect them to know what they are doing. You can't expect effort without coaches to motivate them. Most of these guys can't even turn left at first base without a coach. They need older adults to show them what to do.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Maybe easier said than done but wouldn't some players be like "fuck whatever this guy is saying, I'm going to do what made me successful before"? There's no way Menechino's "style" is so heavily engrained in every player that they are just completely fucked as baseball players. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

There's enough blame to go around for everyone in this pathetic organization, starting with JR, down to the front office, the manager, the coaches and yes, even the players.

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Moncada takes another third strike.  This is unbelievable.  Is he uncoachable?

He very well be bullheaded. I seem to have a recollection of the coaching staff wanting him to be more aggressive at the plate. This so frustrating to continually see him standing there taking the strike three call 

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

Maybe easier said than done but wouldn't some players be like "fuck whatever this guy is saying, I'm going to do what made me successful before"? There's no way Menechino's "style" is so heavily engrained in every player that they are just completely fucked as baseball players. 

No they will destroy their careers by blindly following their coaches.